PDA

View Full Version : Tein S tech spring issue

caRalliArt
11-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone as the title already says I'm having an issue with my front passenger tein S tech spring.I installed the springs about 2 weeks ago.I've taken the wheel off and checked over and over again for a problem..when I'm driving I can here/feel a small clicking noise coming from my front passenger strut assembly.The spring is lined up correctly on the strut.everything is tight.The only thing that Is unusual that I can see is the spring rubbing against itself.it appears that when my suspension compresses it hits itself and rubs the paint off.so if anyone can help me with any tips I'm listening.I've read many posts and havnt found an answer.I'm not trying to start a debate,jus looking for some advise or a local SD owner who's willing to come help me out.thanks for any help

wutangmo15
11-09-2010, 04:25 PM
What about the driver side? Is it doing the same thing?

It may be a manufacturer defect so you may need to contact Tein.

ralli_kid
11-10-2010, 12:28 AM
I am in Anaheim. I could take a look at it sometime this week if I take a drive to SD. But seems like you do have a defectr or you might have installed upide down

caRalliArt
11-10-2010, 10:13 AM
The driverside doesn't seem to make any noise or the back.If you're down in sd give me a call/text (619) three one 8 one 1 eight one.or pm.later this week I'm gonna pull the entire assembly out and look it over.IF a clubRalliart member was there to look at it with me it would help a lot.

evil03
11-10-2010, 11:34 AM
sound like the spring has not settled and the spring quieter is dry.... soo what you do is re sit the spring spray some lub on the spring quiter " the plastic wrapped part of the coil... and drive it... most springs settle after 1000 miles....

all lowing springs make noises just some make loud ones then other

caRalliArt
11-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Ok.when I get off work today ill spray some lubricant on the spring silencers.wd40 work?I've had many lowered cars but I've never heard this much noise before.ill try the lube idea but I think the spring rubbing paint off itself is a problem.but if I'm understanding u correctly...I need to lube it and wait for the springs to set and maybe that will fix the noise.ill post my findings later.

caRalliArt
11-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Just to make sure I'm not overlooking an obvious problem.the tein front springs are diffrent on the top and bottom.on one end the spring is really close together and the other end the spring is more spread out.sry if my description sucks.wich end is top and wich is the bottom.I put them on the car with the tightly coiled part on the bottom

ralli_kid
11-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Take a picture of your spring on the car if you can and post it I can better help you. The top part of the spring is supposed to look more spread than the bottom portion. And even though there is a rubber piece on the bottom all ready with it make sure you put the one that was on the original over that. Mine have all ready settled in you should have about 3/4 of an in in thr front of slight clearance and in the back about 1/4 of an in clearance.

caRalliArt
11-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Ok I tried spraying wd40 on the silencing rubber .Now the noise is a little louder and I here it more often.I've taken some pics but I still havnt been able to upload them from my phone.Do you guys think I should pull the assembly out and try to put more preload on the spring?

caRalliArt
11-16-2010, 05:45 PM
I finally got around to taking the strut assembly out.I pulled it out and removed the locknut. I noticed before I took it apart that the little hole on the top hat and on the bottom of the strut were not lined up.So I put it all back together making sure to line up the 2 holes and now the noise is gone.problem fixed. Hope this helps anyone who comes across a similar lowering issue

wutangmo15
11-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Nice catch. Glad you got everything working right.