PDA

View Full Version : Hi All (Houston, TX)

JCVS
01-07-2011, 09:41 AM
I have been reading the forum for the past two days, liked it so much I decided to join. I have put a deposit on a 2011 Silver Ralliart, should arrive next Week. I will be looking to do some minor mods, rear lip spoiler (wingless), intake, BOV, black rims and eventually a Tune. My previous car was a Honda Fit so I expect a much better/fun driving experience with the Ralliart. Any suggestions or advice on my future mods are always welcome.

JCVS

Mkid
01-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Hey and welcome! Right off the bat, you will probably have some people tell you not to get an intake or a BOV because they can cause issues and won't really give you much more power over stock to be worth the risk.

Most people get a better drop-in filter such as the cosworth, HKS or ralliart (if your a baller, lol) filters. As for the BOV, most people just use stock Evo X, 9, or 8 BOVs simply because they are slightly louder and are made of metal instead of plastic, but don't expect any gains ;)

Midlifetoy
01-07-2011, 10:21 AM
JCVS, Welcome, Im a newbie here for the last couple of weeks and this group is wonderful, nice folks, knowledgable, haven't seen any flaming at all (which says a lot), and some have a joke or two... Im lad I joined and Im sure you will also.

And welcome by the way

MTZL
01-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Welcome to the Club! Glad to have you here.
I know there are some RA owners on here from TX.
Enjoy your stay. :cool:

ralli_kid
01-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Welcome to CR :cool:

ChaseRalli
01-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Welcome to the site!!!! I hope you enjoy your stay.

And BTW, pics are a must:D:D:D

JCVS
01-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Thank you All. Pictures will start as soon as I get the car. I will definitely buy the EVO X BOV. Still deciding on either the drop in filter or the custom SRI (K&N).

Thanks again

I will keep you posted

JCVS

zeRep85
01-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Welcom to the CR

You should look into the GST free toon! ;) If you want POWAHHHH! for ZERO $$$.

JCVS
01-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Hi All,

I just got my 2011 Apex Silver Ralliart yesterday :). I arrived home late at night and took some pictures just for you guys hehehe. I really love everything about the car. I want to buy a lip spoiler or swap trunks with someone who has it. Any suggestions??? Does any know how much should I sell the wing spoiler? Anyways here are the pictures I took yesterday with my iphone. I will be posting better quality pictures later (whenever the rain stops here in Houston).

JCVS

rgwinn
01-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Nice looking car, too bad it has that funky trunk thing . . . (yes, I own a Sportback)

Read through the treads and you will see that to really get HP gains you need to swap out the Turbo. There does not seem to be any real gains until that point.

Even changing the air filter does not do much, the car is pretty well managed with the components that come stock, so any changes could give you problems.

I do want to do a cat back, just to change the sound, and my first mod will be to change out the Roadrunner sounding horn.

Mike @ RRE and Bryan @ GST have some of the best info on mods.

Welcome!

ralli_kid
01-20-2011, 11:34 AM
No recaro package boooo lol jk

Nice AS RA.

^^^ What he said is slightly true. I am almost at 300whp but I got 320wtq on stock turbo. Of course I have the x turbo siting at home but im just waiting to put it in.

So for future mods: Turbo Back, Intercooler kit with Upper and lower intercooler piping, either short ram or drop in filter and a tune and your car will be pulling hard =]

frylock
01-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Hey man my first post is to a fellow Texan welcome to the site

Mkid
01-20-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm jealous of that new center display. it shows way more info at once then my 2009 one!

Has anyone thought about or tried putting in the new one in their 2009?

MTZL
01-20-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm jealous of that new center display. it shows way more info at once then my 2009 one!

Has anyone thought about or tried putting in the new one in their 2009?

I have seen it somewhere & it has been done too. Color Display from 2010+ Evo X Gauge Cluster. You should start a thread about it, if its not already there. :cool: I want one but not paying full or retail price.

Mkid
01-20-2011, 12:45 PM
http://clubralliart.com/showthread.php?p=12237#post12237

It has been done.