PDA

View Full Version : Car starting

Kev077
01-08-2011, 09:59 PM
This is the second time this starting issue has come up wondering if any of you have experienced it. Car is 2010 with 4500 miles. Done some running around today and come home and parked the car for about an hour. Went back out and it would keep turning over but wouldnt start. Waited for a minute and turned it over some more and it finally started. This is the second time it has done this. Not sure if this is just some freak thing or someone experience this and mitsu has a fix for it. I know the dealer wont be able to duplicate it so there is no point in taking it in yet unless they know about it and have a fix. Let me know what you all think. Thanks

Kev

Mkid
01-08-2011, 10:10 PM
This has happened to me before and a few other people too. It seems to happen less and less as the car breaks in, it hasn't happened to me for a few months now.

BlackRA
01-09-2011, 06:58 AM
This has happened to me a few times. Actually happened last week and mine is a 2010 and has just over 10000 on it now. I am curious if this happened on the 09's, or just the 10's. I haven't been that concerned since it only happened a few times and has always started right up the second time. Has anyone had any issues where it did not start up after a few minutes?

Ralli
01-09-2011, 09:07 AM
My wife claimed ours has done this once. I was'nt with her at the time so I cant verifiy exactly what it did, but it sounds like the same issue. It did start up the second time though. Ours is a '10 with less then 2500 miles.

Kev077
01-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Did some checking on this and there are a lot of posts on other forums where this has happened to tons of people. The cars range from 09's to 10's. Havent heard of anyone taking it to the dealer yet or anyone having a cure. It is just a little nuisance now every once in awhile. Will see if anyone figures it out or gets dealer to duplicate it. Thanks again. Kev

Jackal
01-09-2011, 09:54 PM
My guess is engine is not broken in yet so everything is tight. This is even more so when the car is cold. Wait till you get at least 10,000 km on it then by then you might of either had a long trip with the car or have done some what do we call it. Oh yes spirited driving LOl ! My guess is by the time you get to 20,000 km the problem just disappears.

KrazyRA
01-10-2011, 01:55 AM
Well, my car did the same thing, too. I have a 2009 with about 35,000 miles on it.

Mkid
01-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Yup, mine is a 2009

I did take it to the dealer. They updated some "software" that supposedly fixed some starting issues among other things? But it still happened after they did that but eventually it just went away on its own.

RalliNoob
01-21-2011, 12:49 PM
I had this problem on my '10 RA. Mostly happened in the cool, damp days after a drive. Took it to the dealer and forced them to perform the TSB that talked about the car not starting, and had to do with the Fuel Relay chips.

Haven't had an issue since.

evil03
01-21-2011, 01:29 PM
you got that TSB number? or even papers this need to be done for all RAs

MTZL
01-21-2011, 01:35 PM
TSB = "Technical Service Bulletin"?
I usually get a letter from Mitsu for recall & such.
I remember seeing a link to a place where you type your VIN numbers & see if there are any recalls that needs to be addressed for our RA... If I can just find it again....

Mkid
01-21-2011, 03:34 PM
That must be the same thing they did for mine... It still happened to me a couple of times after that though.

wwralliart77
01-21-2011, 04:26 PM
TSB = "Technical Service Bulletin"?
I usually get a letter from Mitsu for recall & such.
I remember seeing a link to a place where you type your VIN numbers & see if there are any recalls that needs to be addressed for our RA... If I can just find it again....

Shopkey has the TSBs you are looking for. You just enter your vehicle info and click the corresponding tabs. Dunno if there are any links for it, it's a program that you most likely have to purchase. I had access to it at my old college, I'll see if I can still remember the password ;).

RalliArtist
01-21-2011, 09:23 PM
this has happened to me before in the past around 4k miles (2010 btw). it hasn't happened recently and i now have 9500. It would crank and crank but not turn over, but it would fire right up the second time.

kenpora
01-21-2011, 10:48 PM
This has happened to me a couple times. It acts like it wants to turn over and won't. I turn off and immediately try again. The second time it has always turned over. My 09 has around 25500 miles. Has happened around 3 times since I have owned it in August 09, bought it used.

If it would happen more consistently I would take it to the dealer. People say you need to replace with a blue relay. I will try to find the link.

kenpora
01-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Here you go:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-lancer-ralliart-general/530406-having-more-trouble-starting.html

more about relay

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-general/444785-fuel-pump-relay-safety-all-new-blue-relay-mitsu-updated-info-page-4-a.html

rome
04-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Hi there everyone, i've had the same issue with the car not starting. ive had it for about 7 months now, it has 12000km on it and it hink it has happened 3 times now in total and today it wasn't even a cold day. I also have found a lot of posts referring to the BLUE RELAY and how if the relays are changed to the blue relay it solves the problem. can anyone please give me more info on what the relay does and why the blue one is so special. thanks people

Cheers