PDA

View Full Version : cobb stage 2 requirements

caRalliArt
01-19-2011, 06:45 PM
I've read and read online on every forum I can find but I can't find a clear answer.some peolpe say a stage 2 tune from a cobb AP is ok to run on a stock ralliart.I've also read in many places that you must have a tbe.On other threades I've read that a test pipe is enough for stage 2.I jus wanted to clear up any confusion about this.I have basically 100 percent stock ralliart with a turbosmart BOV.The stage 1 tune feels much better but like everyone else on here Its just not enough.I don't feel safe running the stage 2 until I get a cat back with test pipe at least.I know I need to run some logs and measure my knock retard.afr. Etc. If all those numbers are in a safe range than I'd like to run more boost/timing.what boost levels are people on her running on stock ralliart?what's the stock boost capacity for our turbos? After I log all my numbers, I'd just like to know what are the maximum numbers I shouldn't exceed stock. I will be Testing and adjusting numbers with pulls but a safe max number for everything would help me with my street tuningSRY I'm all over the place with my thoughts.

caRalliArt
01-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Just to clarify I'm wondering what everyone thinks about running the cobb stage 2 on stock ralliart as well as everything else I said previously.thank you for any input you all have on the subject

evil03
01-19-2011, 06:52 PM
i am on stage 2 map for CA.... with K&N drop in and a full custom 3" turbo back with a test pipe... i dont knock out of the normal knock... that the 4B11 produces since the engine top end is pretty noisy... and trans shift sometimes cause a knock... nothing more then .7 on my logs... and i back fire once in a while and boost spike at 22psi on cold days... on normal days spikes at 19.5psi and settle at 17.5 to 18psi at 5k.

i have called cobb and asked about the knocking on stage 2 and they say is normal...

i say fallow the cobb specs and notes for stage 2... you dont wanna damage the engine or tranny... its expensive... and plus COBB SOCAL is opening the saturday!!!

caRalliArt
01-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Rite now I'm just running the stage 1 91acn tune and I measured one time a 1.1 knock retard after a shift.It only happened onec but it seemed kinda high to me even for just once.how loud is your exhaust.I really want to go to stage 2 but. The min thing holding me back is noise.I don't want to be loud.I've had my share of loud cars and I'd really like to be around 300hp with quiet exhaust.

evil03
01-20-2011, 10:33 AM
haha my custom designed turbo back sound like stock at idle rolling off the line it sound deep but low noise and at top end it loud enough to get the point across that this thing makes some power.... and its 3" mandrel all the way out and no restrictions.. and 10lbs lighter then stock with is like 60 something with cat i think if i remember correctly :D

oh yea and its single exit to the right and stealth :eek:

Mkid
01-20-2011, 10:39 AM
pics or it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

Krisko
01-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Rite now I'm just running the stage 1 91acn tune and I measured one time a 1.1 knock retard after a shift.It only happened onec but it seemed kinda high to me even for just once.how loud is your exhaust.I really want to go to stage 2 but. The min thing holding me back is noise.I don't want to be loud.I've had my share of loud cars and I'd really like to be around 300hp with quiet exhaust.

I heard buschur makes the quietest/ lightest dual exhaust for the ralliart at $850. The videos I saw on it proved that theory all too well. It looked like the muffler was on the midpipe.

The cobb AP says you only need a midpipe and testpipe for stage 2. The mechanic at Cobb in plano texas said you need a midpipe, testpipe and catback. I was told its not recommended to run it stage 2 with a stock exhaust because the ecu is set to run based on you having a 3inch exhaust. Anything less is going to have alot more air restriction.

evil03
01-20-2011, 01:51 PM
pics or it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

haha i will soon haha i will have a vid of it soon

ralliartSAT
02-22-2011, 11:25 PM
I heard buschur makes the quietest/ lightest dual exhaust for the ralliart at $850. The videos I saw on it proved that theory all too well. It looked like the muffler was on the midpipe.

The cobb AP says you only need a midpipe and testpipe for stage 2. The mechanic at Cobb in plano texas said you need a midpipe, testpipe and catback. I was told its not recommended to run it stage 2 with a stock exhaust because the ecu is set to run based on you having a 3inch exhaust. Anything less is going to have alot more air restriction.

I have a quick question for you, on my RA I have mod downpipe and HFC with stock cat back. You think it's safe to keep runing the stage 2 map or should I take it back to stage 1 map until I get the cat back. On the AP it says I can run stage2 as long as I have one high flow catalastic thing I assume test pipe or HFC. The highest knock retard I seen was at 1.1 but hasn't gone back up and my boost peaks out at 18.5(though I got it up to 19.3 earlier today lol) so I assume I have a boot leak and am gonna take a look at that this weekend or try and get it fixed.

hotkupa
02-23-2011, 04:11 AM
I say all of us call COBB and preasure them to make more maps for our car. Its bs that some cars have like 7-8 maps and we have 2 and we all paid the same price. I callled them on Monday.

Krisko
02-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Verified it. You need catback, midpipe, high flow cat and downpipe. All 3 inches.