PDA

View Full Version : road race

vplukas101
01-26-2011, 12:39 PM
just ordered my road race springs but damm guys 41 bucks for shipping :( hope they will be worth it

MikeW-RRE
01-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Shipping to where? $41 for 100 miles away to San Diego? Or only $41 to get them to Guam?

Mike W

vplukas101
01-26-2011, 03:35 PM
41 to darien IL

MikeW-RRE
01-26-2011, 04:11 PM
I think you got them from Road Race Motorsports next door? The Lancer shop? I am the EVO shop. We sell the springs for $220 shipped within the lower 48 states.

Mike W

vplukas101
01-26-2011, 04:16 PM
damm it lol whats the diff?

MTZL
01-26-2011, 04:35 PM
damm it lol whats the diff?

I think you got them from Road Race Motorsports next door? The Lancer shop? I am the EVO shop. We sell the springs for $220 shipped within the lower 48 states.

Mike W

Dont worry I made the same mistake when I was first order'd from RRE I got it confused with RRM. Actually I ordered from RRM thinking its from RRE.
What confused noobie I was. :D You want parts from RRE not RRM!!!
Actually where you buy parts is totally up to you, but buy from RRE. :p
Mike W will have more reason to post technical stuff/data for our car. :cool:

Ralliart23
01-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Dont worry I made the same mistake when I was first order'd from RRE I got it confused with RRM. Actually I ordered from RRM thinking its from RRE.
What confused noobie I was. :D You want parts from RRE not RRM!!!
Actually where you buy parts is totally up to you, but buy from RRE. :p
Mike W will have more reason to post technical stuff/data for our car. :cool:

i think he meant like with the springs what is the difference? like are they the same spring just different dealer?

zeRep85
01-26-2011, 04:41 PM
The spring rate for the Prancer springs is -1.5 and the way the spring travels is counterclockwise.

Once bolted onto our Ralliarts it would actually lift the car instead of lowering it thus causing damage to the shocks and the radio.

:serious-face:

MTZL
01-26-2011, 04:42 PM
What springs did he get??? :confused:

Ralliart23
01-26-2011, 05:13 PM
The spring rate for the Prancer springs is -1.5 and the way the spring travels is counterclockwise.

Once bolted onto our Ralliarts it would actually lift the car instead of lowering it thus causing damage to the shocks and the radio.

:serious-face:

ive seen pictures with ralliart running rrm springs on evolutionm and it seems like its a perfect drop...

vplukas101
01-26-2011, 05:26 PM
i ordered these

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_54_56&products_id=713&zenid=1e526fe6d46ca858e16c5ad896f5beee

plz plz plz tell me ur fucking with me about the hight increasing :confused:

vplukas101
01-26-2011, 05:28 PM
ive seen pictures with ralliart running rrm springs on evolutionm and it seems like its a perfect drop...

yea thats what iv seen to.....

Ralliart23
01-26-2011, 06:08 PM
man i think your fine, ive been looking at these springs for a while now. everyone ive talked to that i thought had the perfect drop have said that these are the springs they are rocking. this car here has them on it. i can assure you that this is not a raise haha its perfect drop :D

vplukas101
01-26-2011, 06:40 PM
feww thank god, how much better does the car handle?

Ralliart23
01-26-2011, 06:48 PM
handles better, stiffer ride.

MikeW-RRE
01-26-2011, 11:16 PM
I am the original. Rob Tallini is RRM. He drives the shop race cars and was running Carbontrix. Back in 2001 (pre-EVO) RRE did a turbo conversion for a Prancer for Modern Image that was a SEMA car. Rob was looking for more to do and I wanted to specialize in just the Eclipses and turbo Mitsus.

So I gave him the non turbo Mitsus to play with. He put the RRE turb ointo production as a mail order kit and specialized in the Prancer line. Later we did a turbo for a Tiburon for Hyundai so he does a bit of Hyundai stuff too. Then a Mitsu marketing guy left Mitsu and went to work @ Suzuki. He flipped us some Suzuki work for a SEMA project. RRE made a turbo kit for the car and RRM made all the other stuff. RRM markets the that kit and gets into some cool Suzuki work.

I stick to all EVO and Eclipse. The RalliArt is a little of LAncer and EVO. Since it is factory turbo from Mitsu, then we do it on our side. Tallini has a customer that built him a foo-foo shopping cart website and things that ovelap a bit they have on their site.

In the beginning RRM was selling Progress Lancer springs for the RalliArt. I dont know what they are pushing now. We just sell the Progress RalliArt springs for the RalliArt. They list some rotors for the RalliArt that they think fits but we know they dont. I dont have a customer to build me a foo-foo shopping cart website.

If it looks like some mechanics built my website back in 1996... well it is because some mechanics built my website back in 1996. Working on a foo-foo one. But really there are not a lot of parts for the RalliArt. We tend to be a bit more selective in what we sell, wait and see how it works over time. I am getting there. If you need parts for your RalliArt, let me know. I can get it or make it. Locals here know the shop and what we do.

I started a big thread with a ton-o-pics on the Progress springs for the RalliArt. In the suspension forum here.

Bottom line, stick to RRE for better service and prices on RalliArt parts.

Mike W

MikeW-RRE
01-26-2011, 11:18 PM
http://roadraceengineering.com/ralliart/rre-rrm.jpg

Mike W

vplukas101
01-27-2011, 10:04 AM
well my next stuff will be from you guys :)

MTZL
01-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Yeah Mike & RRE stuck with us even when other shops left us.
Mike & RRE provide us with solid info & he continue to do so. :cool:
I actually met Mike in person when I went to RRE BBQ for RA owners & Free Dyno pulls. He is a great guy & his prices are better. So what more can you ask for? more mike? :D

vplukas101
01-27-2011, 10:55 AM
lol i would want a less then 1200 mile distance lol

zeRep85
01-27-2011, 03:12 PM
RRE FTMFW!

RRE has basically build my car :)

zeRREp

jRox
01-27-2011, 07:55 PM
I am the original. Rob Tallini is RRM. He drives the shop race cars and was running Carbontrix. Back in 2001 (pre-EVO) RRE did a turbo conversion for a Prancer for Modern Image that was a SEMA car. Rob was looking for more to do and I wanted to specialize in just the Eclipses and turbo Mitsus.

So I gave him the non turbo Mitsus to play with. He put the RRE turb ointo production as a mail order kit and specialized in the Prancer line. Later we did a turbo for a Tiburon for Hyundai so he does a bit of Hyundai stuff too. Then a Mitsu marketing guy left Mitsu and went to work @ Suzuki. He flipped us some Suzuki work for a SEMA project. RRE made a turbo kit for the car and RRM made all the other stuff. RRM markets the that kit and gets into some cool Suzuki work.

I stick to all EVO and Eclipse. The RalliArt is a little of LAncer and EVO. Since it is factory turbo from Mitsu, then we do it on our side. Tallini has a customer that built him a foo-foo shopping cart website and things that ovelap a bit they have on their site.

In the beginning RRM was selling Progress Lancer springs for the RalliArt. I dont know what they are pushing now. We just sell the Progress RalliArt springs for the RalliArt. They list some rotors for the RalliArt that they think fits but we know they dont. I dont have a customer to build me a foo-foo shopping cart website.

If it looks like some mechanics built my website back in 1996... well it is because some mechanics built my website back in 1996. Working on a foo-foo one. But really there are not a lot of parts for the RalliArt. We tend to be a bit more selective in what we sell, wait and see how it works over time. I am getting there. If you need parts for your RalliArt, let me know. I can get it or make it. Locals here know the shop and what we do.

I started a big thread with a ton-o-pics on the Progress springs for the RalliArt. In the suspension forum here.

Bottom line, stick to RRE for better service and prices on RalliArt parts.

Mike W
Could you elaborate why the rotors won't fit? Do we share the same rotors as the base Lancer?

MikeW-RRE
01-27-2011, 08:23 PM
The replacement rotors that the big brake companies have listed as fitting are too thick. If you were putting them on with new pads they dont fit.

Mike W