PDA

View Full Version : RRM Time Attack Pads & Rotors

Paul-928
02-01-2011, 05:37 AM
Hi All,

I'm looking for an aftermarket set of pads and rotors suitable for occasional track use. How do the products from RRM fair in terms of quality and durability?

Thanks.

wwralliart77
02-01-2011, 09:30 AM
RRM is mainly for na lancers. RRE is where you wanna get your parts from. I know they have some rotors available and they can probably source you pads. Also look into getting some stainless braided brake lines, as well as high performance brake fluid. Maybe Mike-W at RRE can chime in here??? Robispec has their front and rear big brake upgrade. It's 4 piston front and rear, comes with pads/rotors/lines/fluid. Price is $1200 if I remember, really cheap. Hope this helped!

Paul-928
02-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not going to push my Ralliart nearly as hard on the track as I do my 928 (it has a suspension and brake upgrade list as long as my arm, including x-drilled rotors, SS lines, ATE super blue brake fluid, Pagid black pads, etc).

The Ralliart is my daily driver, so I'm looking for non-squeaking pads with stronger than OEM stopping power, that will hopefully not eat through rotors too quickly. I've gone with ATE gold brake fluid for this car so as not to draw any undo attention at the dealership ;)

wwralliart77
02-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Ah I see, a DD with occassional track use. I really like DBA rotors (can be a little pricey) they are worth every penny. I know project mu has brake pads available as well. I'm also looking into upgrading my brake setup since all the stop and go traffic down here in Cali can have it's affects on your brakes. I've been looking at Robispec's BB upgrade. I'm also going with an aggressive wheel setup and I think those big calipers will look good sitting behind my future wheel setup! :D

Paul-928
02-01-2011, 12:10 PM
DBA rotors eh, I'm not familiar with those. I'll have to check out their website.

Any thoughts on Hawk HPS pads?

Blaze
02-01-2011, 12:35 PM
+1 to getting feedback from RRE. Mike is on this forum a lot and hopefully will chime in.

I believe Stop Tech was making parts for the RA. Can't say many positive things about the company other then their product do work well.

Brake Man makes a complete set up for the RA now. Robispec has do extensive testing on/off the track and gave the system their thumbs up.

Aside from that you may likely find the rotors/pads are interchangable with another mitsu model. If that's the case, you may find companies like Project Mu or Endless already has a product line developed for you.

MikeW-RRE
02-01-2011, 01:54 PM
For RRM a stock size rotor that is slotted is a "Time Attack" brake? Maybe for a Lancer it is :-P Last we checked the rotors that they had did not fit a RalliArt. They were too thick and would not fit with new full thickness pads. Centric/Powerslot (the supplier) did not have an application for the RalliArt. If they did and we actually tested it, we'd be selling it. Sheesh, my own RalliArt needs front rotors and I am waiting for something better than stock.

We do have Stoptech pads for the front of the RalliArt. $65 for the set for the front. Only Centric has only the Posi-Quiet pads for the rear as of right now.

Mike W

wwralliart77
02-01-2011, 02:50 PM
DBA rotors eh, I'm not familiar with those. I'll have to check out their website.

Any thoughts on Hawk HPS pads?

Yeah Hawk pads are legit. Had them on many of my vehicles.

Paul-928
02-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Good thing I posted this thread, as the RRM website lists the following pads and rotors as being for the RA:

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_54_56&products_id=708

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_54_56&products_id=711

I made some calls this afternoon, and by using a few different suppliers, I'm going with Brembo rotors and Hawk HPS pads.

jRox
02-02-2011, 09:34 PM
RRM is mainly for na lancers. RRE is where you wanna get your parts from. I know they have some rotors available and they can probably source you pads. Also look into getting some stainless braided brake lines, as well as high performance brake fluid. Maybe Mike-W at RRE can chime in here??? Robispec has their front and rear big brake upgrade. It's 4 piston front and rear, comes with pads/rotors/lines/fluid. Price is $1200 if I remember, really cheap. Hope this helped!
Could you provide more info/links on this?

wwralliart77
02-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Sry, I guess the kit is made by "The Brake Man" but it's available through Robispec or The Brake Man's website. It is 4 piston front and 2 piston rear, still a huge improvement over our stock setup. Here's the specs:
LANCER RALLIART 2008&UP
-FRONT P/N 001-1165 F3 CALIPER 12.50"x1.10" SUPERBRAKE ROTOR*now standard with s/s lines* $1529.70
-REAR P/N 001-1166 F1 CALIPER USES OEM ROTOR *rotors not included* $729
Superbrakes rear rotors are avialble for rear system add $200
Here's a link: http://www.thebrakeman.com/evo_kits

Still on the pricey side, but def the cheapest bbk I've seen.

total0wnage
02-10-2011, 10:24 AM
thats definitly cheap for a bbk

MTZL
02-10-2011, 12:52 PM
I wonder If they will ever make 6-12 piston calipers for our RA.

I have been looking at 6piston front calipers & 4piston rear calipers 12" Rotors
from K Sport... They make 12 piston calipers but 15 or 16" rotors, if you find a rim the will clear em with calipers.

Im just looking around to see whats available out there...
Brake upgrades are very expensive.

Let us know how those work out for you.

MikeW-RRE
02-10-2011, 02:59 PM
SCM has a RalliArt Sportback with the Brakeman RalliArt BBK and the pedal travel sucked. Very long and mushy. Felt like the caliper was flexing. MAybe it was an early kit.

Mike W

Jackal
02-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Well Mike is there a combination of parts that wopuld work together to give us an improved balnced braking system? Question 2 what was that formula you put together to try first. Stop tech pads and upgrading brake fluid to what? Like when I go to the auto parts place what do I ask for? Would upgrading to stainless steel lines at the calipers help enough to justify the cost?

I am thinking about getting my competition License this May to compete in Solo Sprint class. Last summer the brakes really took a thrashing, looking for something that will dramatically improve high speed braking with out braking the bank. I need the edge especially when trying to outperform Evo X's on the track.

MTZL
02-11-2011, 12:35 AM
Well Mike is there a combination of parts that wopuld work together to give us an improved balnced braking system? Question 2 what was that formula you put together to try first. Stop tech pads and upgrading brake fluid to what? Like when I go to the auto parts place what do I ask for? Would upgrading to stainless steel lines at the calipers help enough to justify the cost?

I am thinking about getting my competition License this May to compete in Solo Sprint class. Last summer the brakes really took a thrashing, looking for something that will dramatically improve high speed braking with out braking the bank. I need the edge especially when trying to outperform Evo X's on the track.

Motul RBF 600 brake fluids are preferred choice.
SS lines improves brake pedal feel.
I test drove Wutangmo15's RA with SS lines & my RA has stock lines. So on my RA if I press the brakes it sink in a bit before I feel any resistance from the pedal. On SS line pedal feels more immediate resistance. Because stock line flexes & SS line doesnt.