PDA

View Full Version : First Mod - Samco BOV

rgwinn
02-06-2011, 05:51 PM
So, I know that changing the stock BOV will not net me any gains, this was just one item I wanted to keep an eye out for if I found one for a good price, and looks better than the plastic model that comes stock.

I bought a BNIB Samco DVRL-1P-001 off a a member on evolutionm.net for $100.

This is a direct replacement for an EVO X or Ralliart, and it also comes with two additional springs, one lighter, and one heavier, for different boost requirements.

Installation took about 10 minutes, and there was no change to the sound of the car. It is a really nicely made BOV

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_o_58Vc4xffc/TU88pWBYdCI/AAAAAAAAAvI/cyW0IR0dLn4/s640/P2060031.JPG

My only concern was the placement of the fitting for the vacuum line, but I think it worked out fine.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_o_58Vc4xffc/TU89uE89i0I/AAAAAAAAAvg/a5xKHZvNNww/s640/P2060035.JPG

kenpora
02-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Looks good!

rgwinn
02-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Looks good!

Thanks, working on my next mods.

Krisko
02-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Is it metal or plastic? Looks plastic

rgwinn
02-24-2011, 09:12 AM
All metal, and nicely made.

Unique Fabric Reinforced Diaphragms

Using our expertise with silicone and high performance fabrics, we have developed our market leading fabric reinforced diaphragms to resist premature tearing, which out-perform OEM diaphragms by factor of 10.

T6 Aluminium Alloy Billet Bodies

Using cutting edge CADCAM technology under the TUV TS16949 quality system, SamcoSport Valve bodies are designed to withstand temperatures and pressures seen near the turbo, without distorting.

Tempered Stainless Steel Springs

Corrosion resistant and flat ground on either end to maintain the correct pressure, even under the most demanding pressures. Each valve is supplied with extra spring(s) for adjusting idle stabilization.

Twin Piston Valves

Specifically designed for turbo intake systems that use Mass Airflow Sensors, the twin piston design maintains the engine’s idle stability when releasing pressure.

Low Maintenance Auto-lubricating Viton ® Seals

Twin U-Tech Viton® seals in each Piston Valve are designed specifically to clean, lubricate and seal the piston on every stroke. These seals autolubricate using oil mist generated by the turbo system.

kenpora
02-24-2011, 02:36 PM
What is next on your list?

rgwinn
02-24-2011, 02:40 PM
What is next on your list?

FMIC, and UICP

Then a boost pill, and a Dyno Tune.