PDA

View Full Version : prototype crucial springs!

RAcowboy
04-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Looks like the shop that helped me get my car, Method 4 motorsports in San Jose, will be using my car to test some prototype Crucial suspension springs that they intend to market. These have been sold for evo's in the past. I'll be getting them installed in the near future as a guinea pig RA for this product!

07outty
04-05-2009, 07:49 AM
cowboy......do you know if they will be designed / developed from scratch for the '09 RA ?

so far all of the "RA springs" being sold are just springs that the companies have sold for the '08 gts.

CarGuy
04-05-2009, 08:57 AM
cowboy......do you know if they will be designed / developed from scratch for the '09 RA ?

so far all of the "RA springs" being sold are just springs that the companies have sold for the '08 gts.

That would be a huge factor for me, as the RA differs from GTS and Evo.

RAcowboy
04-05-2009, 02:54 PM
that's what the shop is trying to find out w/ my test mule, can't turndown free springs regardless.

Heliart
04-06-2009, 10:30 AM
that's what the shop is trying to find out w/ my test mule, can't turndown free springs regardless.

i dont understand why there still aren't any springs out in the market specifically for the 09 RA....all these companies have to do is recalcuate the new spring constant based on the different weight and distribution on the RA and re-manufacture new springs. I guess they dont wanna spend money on the production when there aren't really that many RAs out there yet.

RAcowboy
04-06-2009, 10:41 AM
well these guys are willing to do it, wait & find out.

RAcowboy
04-15-2009, 09:33 PM
this weekend:D

craigb3
04-20-2009, 06:18 AM
update????

RAcowboy
04-21-2009, 07:19 AM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-9/1323725/RA_drop1.jpg

CarGuy
04-21-2009, 07:30 AM
A picture is worth a thousand words, right?

RAcowboy
04-23-2009, 07:35 AM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-9/1323725/RA_drop2.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-9/1323725/RA_drop3.jpg

CarGuy
04-23-2009, 09:01 AM
It looks great!

xdemoulasx
04-24-2009, 06:34 PM
i wish the springs i bought gave me a drop like that :(

Djnry
04-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Reminds me, I need to take pics of my vehicle.

RAcowboy
04-24-2009, 11:38 PM
i wish the springs i bought gave me a drop like that :(

which ones did you get?

xdemoulasx
04-25-2009, 12:22 AM
which ones did you get?

i got the robispec springs + swaybars. the drop in the rear is good, but the front sits higher :(

plus now im starting to have issues. sounds like something is loose on drivers side front (when i hit bumps), and something is making a big clunking noise from passenger side front everytime i turn to the right...

also... when i turn the wheel right, and put the steering wheel back to center the car still goes slightly right... same thing with turning left, recenter the wheel and it goes slightly left... not too happy right now.

seems stuff wasnt tightened enough. the clunking noise worries me though.

CarGuy
04-25-2009, 06:08 AM
i got the robispec springs + swaybars. the drop in the rear is good, but the front sits higher :(

plus now im starting to have issues. sounds like something is loose on drivers side front (when i hit bumps), and something is making a big clunking noise from passenger side front everytime i turn to the right...

also... when i turn the wheel right, and put the steering wheel back to center the car still goes slightly right... same thing with turning left, recenter the wheel and it goes slightly left... not too happy right now.

seems stuff wasnt tightened enough. the clunking noise worries me though.

Who installed them? I'd contact them ASAP to have it checked out. RobiSpec is good stuff!

xdemoulasx
04-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Robi did the install himself when he was here in FL... now the person that installed everything is thousands of miles away so I'll probably end up taking it somewhere around here. Anyone know anywhere good? I think he may have been in a rush to get it done because he had a plane to catch.:(

craigb3
04-26-2009, 04:16 AM
A picture is worth a thousand words, right?

yes but now a few words about the springs...looks pretty serious. how much of a drop??? I know the ride is stiffer but how much so??? How much and when will they be available??

RAcowboy
04-26-2009, 11:28 AM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-9/1323725/RA_stuff002.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-9/1323725/RA_stuff003.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-9/1323725/RA_stuff001.jpg

07outty
04-26-2009, 01:41 PM
tai , that drop is literally perfect !

but............your car looks better with the stock wheels on it.

RAcowboy
04-26-2009, 03:44 PM
no way, I'm putting the VIII Enkeis on w/ wide tires after i burn through the hoosiers @ auto-x. Then sell these heavy piece o' s*** GTS bicycle wheels.

CarGuy
04-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Robi did the install himself when he was here in FL... now the person that installed everything is thousands of miles away so I'll probably end up taking it somewhere around here. Anyone know anywhere good? I think he may have been in a rush to get it done because he had a plane to catch.:(

Did you try to contact him to correct the issue before posting it on a public forum. If not, why? I don't understand people sometimes...

xdemoulasx
04-26-2009, 10:37 PM
i tried e-mailing him... i'm not blaming him believe me... i know he does quality work and robispec is good stuff. the springs and swaybars i got were the first to go on a ralliart besides his own, they were the "prototype" and i was the first test person to run them. the car handles great its just the noises and things like that. stuff just feels loose, i'm going to take it somewhere tomorrow or the next day. who knows maybe everything just needs to be tightened.

RAcowboy
04-27-2009, 11:45 PM
sorry about yer experiance buddy, I hope it gets resolved. I however love these crucial springs, the real test will begin @ auto-x event this weekend! not enough miles on them yet, I give them a good street driving evaluation so far. The lateral traction is waaaaay better then the whimpy oem springs that were like body roll city. These are a more aggressive stance then when I hade Swift sports on the EVO, that's sayin' somethin'.

Yes it's stiffer, you will feel the road, but that's what many of us want out of a sports car. Contact Method 4 motorsports San Jose Ca for availibility after about a month. www.methodbuilt.com

xdemoulasx
04-28-2009, 12:26 AM
nice! IMO body roll was the worst thing about this car in stock form... i think the body roll is even worse than these stock tires. i think once i get everything back in order i'm going to hit up the central florida road course and see what its like on a track.

I wonder how Evo 9 BBS would look on the RA

RAcowboy
04-28-2009, 07:51 AM
The 9 BBS will fit exactly the same as the 8 Enkeis I have but look sicker. That's the wheels I had on the 8. & yes grip on even the stock tires is better w/ this stance.

xdemoulasx
05-01-2009, 10:28 PM
good news! the loose part was the front swaybar... one end was completely off. so got that fixed... no one knows what the steering issue is all about not sure if its related to the springs/swaybars because i started having the issue 2 weeks after the install.

but the other issues are very small and are taken care of or will be taken care of. :)

RAcowboy
05-02-2009, 01:39 AM
just make shure everythings tight.

xdemoulasx
05-02-2009, 12:54 PM
i was kinda thinking something with the steering was too tight... like when i turn hard right and turn back it doesnt allow it to go all the way back to center because its too tight... i dont know... im a noob. :)

RAcowboy
05-02-2009, 04:45 PM
are the tires rubbing at all? I'm suprised that mine don't at this hight.

xdemoulasx
05-02-2009, 10:51 PM
nah no rubbing... i got the stockers on there right now and have no issues.

ENEMIGO
05-13-2009, 07:38 AM
sorry about yer experiance buddy, I hope it gets resolved. I however love these crucial springs, the real test will begin @ auto-x event this weekend! not enough miles on them yet, I give them a good street driving evaluation so far. The lateral traction is waaaaay better then the whimpy oem springs that were like body roll city. These are a more aggressive stance then when I hade Swift sports on the EVO, that's sayin' somethin'.

Yes it's stiffer, you will feel the road, but that's what many of us want out of a sports car. Contact Method 4 motorsports San Jose Ca for availibility after about a month. www.methodbuilt.com

What size are your rims and tires? I have 18X8 and 235/40/18 and wondering if I could get the springs without rubbing. I do not like the body roll on the stock Ralliart. Have you tested it out on the track? How is the bodyroll compared to the stock craptacular springs?

HiggsRA
05-13-2009, 05:23 PM
wow... some of the best ones i've seen on a RA yet... approx cost?$ / availibility? Are the easy to adjust? I'm shocked those no rubbing at all one of the photos looks a little bit... they didn't roll fenders? congrats!!

RAcowboy
05-17-2009, 08:38 PM
What size are your rims and tires? I have 18X8 and 235/40/18 and wondering if I could get the springs without rubbing. I do not like the body roll on the stock Ralliart. Have you tested it out on the track? How is the bodyroll compared to the stock craptacular springs?

well I daily drive on the stock 18x7s for now, & autocross on my old evo VIII enkei 17x8s w/ hoosier slicks (245/40zr17) 18x8s will rub w/ lowered hieght. You may not be able to turn even. Downstepping to 17s allows you to run the 8 or 8.5 size width. diameter means shit to me, I never cared for 18s, they are heavier, offer no performance advantage, & w/ smaller then evo brakes, they don't help yer braking performance.

MarkGuutz
05-19-2009, 05:49 PM
wusup cowboy. i think i met you at the m4 meet a while back (i'm the dude with the black eclipse haha). well my girl is about to get her ra and i'm looking to lower it. how much of a difference is there in ride quality?

Ladogaboy
06-21-2009, 12:12 AM
well I daily drive on the stock 18x7s for now, & autocross on my old evo VIII enkei 17x8s w/ hoosier slicks (245/40zr17) 18x8s will rub w/ lowered hieght. You may not be able to turn even. Downstepping to 17s allows you to run the 8 or 8.5 size width. diameter means shit to me, I never cared for 18s, they are heavier, offer no performance advantage, & w/ smaller then evo brakes, they don't help yer braking performance.

Downsizing to 17 with lower profile tires has to affect your odometer and speedometer readings, right?

CarGuy
06-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Downsizing to 17 with lower profile tires has to affect your odometer and speedometer readings, right?

Not if you keep the overall tire diameter the same.

Ladogaboy
06-23-2009, 01:52 PM

What is the offset for the EVO VIII 17x8s?