PDA

View Full Version : So when are we doing a 'Ralliart-Only' MeetUp (L.A. Area) ?

alphawav
04-14-2009, 12:29 AM
Hi Guys -

Been browsing the boards for a couple of days, and got to say :

When are we going to meet-up "L.A. Area" (sorry guys who are too far) :p:p

I was thinking this weekend is good, 18 or 19, or if not the 25 or 26.

I wanna try to make it a "Ralliart Only" meet, but I guess its ok to have a few "big brother evos" at the meet. Got lots to talk about as this car is still new in the game and ultra sweet. :D

I was thinking meetup at a Starbucks (one with a nice parking lot) for some drinks and car talk, then a nice drive (at regular speeds, nothing crazy LOL) all together. Day time, since it's the first time some of us meet up. Let me know your thoughts by pm, email, or on this post. Cheers,

- alphawav (09 Apex Silver Ralliart) ;)

07outty
04-14-2009, 08:22 AM
what part of "LA" do you live.

i am in the south-bay , just south of LAX.

i know forum member pogiboiuno lives near me. ( i have never seen him or his car )

ther is a Star***ks on hawthorne bl. with a big lot. other car guys meet there.

we could do a quick meet this saturday A.M. ( the 18th) just to get something going and snap a few pics of the cars.

p.s. i'll show anyone interested how to pull the nose ring off !

alphawav
04-14-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm close to Pasadena. Yeah a quickie meet Sat. morning sounds interesting. I'm going to be out around that area anyay since I will prob (after the meet) head down to South Coast dealership to install a turbo timer for my RA. :)

alphawav
04-15-2009, 11:57 AM
lolllllllllllllllll - it looks like this 09 Ralliart Only Meet is going to be harder to put together than I thought :)

MikeW-RRE
04-16-2009, 01:22 AM
The offer still stands to have a meet here at the shop. Free dyno pulls? You need to find more than two people though :-P Well heck... if two is all there is in So Cal maybe we can do some tuning too.

Mike W

CarGuy
04-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Just not that many on the road yet...give it some time.

07outty
04-16-2009, 10:46 AM
o.k. this saturday ( the 18th). i am going to be at the *bucks on hawthorne bl.

that is near lawndale/torrance.

it is just south of the 405 on the east side of the street.

i will be there between 730 and 8 A.M. i'll park in the middle of the lot.

i'll stay for about an hour.

ALPHA , you should stop on you way down to costa mesa

CarGuy
04-17-2009, 07:41 AM
I'm heading to San Diego on Saturday as I have family in town and already have a planned day. Report back if you get any other RA's to show.

07outty
04-17-2009, 08:51 AM
the *bucks adress is 17400 hawthorne bl. , torrance.

south-east corner of hawthorne and artesia bl.

tomorrow ( 4/18/09 ) 8 a.m.

MTZL
04-17-2009, 10:37 AM
I just found this site and just registered. I bought 09 GG Lancer Ralliart new two weeks ago over 1,100+ miles on it already. I live in the Union City, California, LA is too far. I would attend if the meet was closer to the San Jose, California.:cool: Sounds fun though.

09 GG Lancer Ralliart w/ Navigation
OTD $29K

alphawav
04-17-2009, 04:57 PM
ok. will do.

8AM? damnnn bright and early! :)

are we even gonna be able to take pictures? does the sun come out that early? lol..... :rolleyes:

ok, let's try to make it at 9AM, I will be there too. 09 Silver Ralliart.
I'm gonna shoot for 8, but I'm coming down from Pasadena :cool:

Mike, where is your shop? We should do that sometime too :)

-Serge

07outty
04-17-2009, 06:23 PM
i don't want to be around there too late in the morning.

...it will quickly be over-run with typical *buck 'tards.

hope to see some RAs there.

alphawav
04-18-2009, 12:05 AM
so I guess I'm one of those *bucks 'tards since I like to roll in there around 9am:p:p:p

alphawav
04-18-2009, 01:05 PM
sweet! our first meet in LA was a sucess! it was good meeting you 07outty, and it was nice to see a 'ralliart only' meet, even if it was 2 cars strong!! LOL!

07outty - decided to get the works drop in air filter, will let you know when I install it!
everyone else - if you have an RA and are in or close to the LA-area, don't be bashful, lets get together :D (pics to come later tonight!)

- alphawav
09 silver RA

CarGuy
04-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Glad you guys got together. That's how it started years ago with SoCalEvo and now the meets are several hundred strong. The RA doesn't look like it will sell in Evo numbers but the following will grow and future meets will have more people show up. I can't wait to see the pics!

Djnry
04-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Not sure if I posted this elsewhere, how about a ralliart and a movie event. X-Men Origins: Wolverine is due out next week. How about a Saturday, May 2nd? Was thinking Huntington Beach- Bella Terra (Only as a suggestion).

alphawav
04-25-2009, 12:26 AM
sounds like a good plan.

I was thinking of doing an RA-Only meetup on Tuesday, April 28, at a local El Pollo Loco, around 8PM.

the reason being is that El Pollo Loco's are giving free food all day on 28th, part of their "Taste the Fire" campaign. So we'll get to eat a leg and some tortillas while we check out RA's and then go home :) LOL .

Now what's a good El Pollo Loco with a nice parking lot (and good lighting)?

+1 - 09 Silver Ralliart -alphawav

Djnry
05-01-2009, 11:06 PM
hey alphawav!!! did anyone take you up on that crazy chicken offer?

alphawav
05-02-2009, 02:23 AM
hey alphawav!!! did anyone take you up on that crazy chicken offer?

LOL! no man, when I rolled up to El Pollo Loco's, I couldnt even find parking!!! people just basically raped El Pollo Loco that day!

I didn't want to get dings on my Ralliart, (already got 1 ding close to south coast plaza :rolleyes: ) so I ended up just going back home :)

Went to a 626 evo meet on Thursday, it was fine, but I was the only RA there. :D

This weekend I maybe going to an event called "DAI'S RACING ACADEMY" in El Toro, Irvine.

Sorry to let you guys know about it so late, but I just found out about it yesterday. I need to buy a helmet, but I will def. take pics and video if I go, and if its good we should plan to go there as a group. It's $80 for all day grip driving, so hopefully it will be good and I will be able to test my RA to its max. limits. They have some instructors there to help u out too.

I will let u guys know how it went. It's this Sunday 9AM - 4PM. There will be other events by this DAI'S ACADEMY group in the future so if its good will keep u posted. Wish me luck . :)

CarGuy
05-02-2009, 06:02 AM
LOL! no man, when I rolled up to El Pollo Loco's, I couldnt even find parking!!! people just basically raped El Pollo Loco that day!

I didn't want to get dings on my Ralliart, (already got 1 ding close to south coast plaza :rolleyes: ) so I ended up just going back home :)

Went to a 626 evo meet on Thursday, it was fine, but I was the only RA there. :D

This weekend I maybe going to an event called "DAI'S RACING ACADEMY" in El Toro, Irvine.

Sorry to let you guys know about it so late, but I just found out about it yesterday. I need to buy a helmet, but I will def. take pics and video if I go, and if its good we should plan to go there as a group. It's $80 for all day grip driving, so hopefully it will be good and I will be able to test my RA to its max. limits. They have some instructors there to help u out too.

I will let u guys know how it went. It's this Sunday 9AM - 4PM. There will be other events by this DAI'S ACADEMY group in the future so if its good will keep u posted. Wish me luck . :)

Thanks for posting the info, I've never heard of that group or even before.

alphawav
05-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Thanks for posting the info, I've never heard of that group or even before.

Well I have to say that the DAI'S DRIVING SCHOOL Track Day was a sucess!

I was the only RA there, and well, sorry to say the only Mitsubishi going 'balls out' on the GRIP track!

In fact, there was only 1 other Mitsubishi there, a black 06 EVO w/ a granny driver. Sounds like it was defeating the purpose of the whole thing : Pay $80 to drive your car like a granny around a track? :confused: Anyhow the place was packed with Nissan drift cars, Mazda Rx-7s, some Honda S2000s, some Porsches, and this little 09 Silver Ralliart :D , who had a blast but, burned his front Yokohamas in the process... :o :)

Videos here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiTJoveY02A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjYcATVmE9A

Sorry I didn't tell you guys earlier about it, since I personally found out 48 hours before the event !

talontsi150
05-12-2009, 10:54 PM
When is the next meet up?

pogiboiuno
05-24-2009, 11:50 AM
we'll i meet up all the time with other new gen lancers and as of now, im the only RA with them! haha idk about goin to evo meets. but a RA meet would be tight. we could also join the meet with new gen lancers and have a HUGE meet!!! and then we can do the same for MOD this year! :D 9glancers already has a list of people going to MOD and I'm rolling with them. we might head out with SoCalEvo too. depends. soo what do you guys think? a huge meet with ne gen lancers and us RA's??? this summer before MOD and the same for MOD.

CarGuy
05-24-2009, 01:09 PM
MOD for sure!

alphawav
05-25-2009, 09:48 AM
what is MOD?

CarGuy
05-25-2009, 07:51 PM
what is MOD?

Mitsubishi Owners Day.

alphawav
05-26-2009, 03:28 PM
LOL!!! and that is Where and When? :)

RA9
07-31-2009, 01:48 AM
so when is the meet p for RA?

darkmana153
07-31-2009, 11:17 AM
^^^ this thread is quite old. Theres been a big RA event recently...

but i would be down for a RA meet, it just needs to be set up

MikeW-RRE
07-31-2009, 02:43 PM
The offer still stands for a free dyno day if you get at least 3-4 RalliArts to show up.

Mike W

CarGuy
07-31-2009, 06:34 PM
The offer still stands for a free dyno day if you get at least 3-4 RalliArts to show up.

Mike W

If we want one Mike will do a free dyno day for Club Ralliart! It doesn't get any better than this.

Who is in? Sign in please and we'll set a date!

HiggsRA
07-31-2009, 06:46 PM
lame if i lived anywhere in the state of cali i would go im over in MA ;[

darkmana153
07-31-2009, 09:42 PM
If we want one Mike will do a free dyno day for Club Ralliart! It doesn't get any better than this.

Who is in? Sign in please and we'll set a date!

Im in. Even though im all stock. haha

1. DarkMana153

RA9
07-31-2009, 11:07 PM
Same here im down eventhough mine is also stock i just like seeing bunch of RA line up

2. RA9

alphawav
08-01-2009, 12:30 AM
this thread may be old, but not forgotten :D

sure, I see a lot of new people replied. hehe, I guess it just takes time.

I would be willing to get another Ralliart Only meet together. The last (first one) was in Starbucks and was 3 ralliarts strong. ROFL !

We can do the Mike RRE thing, or meet up at a Starbucks. It's up to you guys as to what u would prefer.

But Mike, if we meet up there, we'll be dyno-ing stock cars? thats ok ? :D

TRUSTcompany9000
08-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Well if you guys would like, I'd be down for a meet with you guys, but it will be a big brother that would show up haha. I'd really like to check your RA's out though, for sure.

RA9
08-03-2009, 01:04 AM
so anyone else intrested for the meet up? come on guys... lets do this lets show the bigbrothers where growing up and wont need big brothers in our back heheheh

MikeW-RRE
08-03-2009, 01:22 AM
Yes, stock cars is fine. Better to build a database of what the different stock cars put down. I gotta compete with Starbucks? So what then, ya'll want dynos with coffee and muffins?

;-)

Mike W

jondaspr
08-03-2009, 05:43 AM
I'm interested.

TheBlackBeast
08-03-2009, 02:39 PM
hahaha!!!! Coffee and muffins.

Come on guys. I'll be there. I can show you what a "modified RA" will pull on the dyno...

RRE is starting work on the beastie. Can't wait for Wednesday!!! :D

RA9
08-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Alright guys I Have New Updates about The LA Little Tokyo Car Sow.

http://www.showoffcafe.com/niseiweb/images/nisei_flier_2.gif

Details:
The nation's premiere import auto show hits Southern California on the 10th Annual Nisei Week Car Show, where the car show meets cultural experience in Downtown Los Angeles. Mainstream Productions presents the Nisei Week Showoff Car Show to be held at Little Tokyo on Saturday, August 15, 2009. This is the place where the top-notch show cars come out to compete and show.

Address:
100 S Alameda St Edit
Los Angeles, CA 90012-3927

So lets all meet up there instead. Lets all park our RA in one Lot

RA9
08-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Lets all give support to the mitsubishi owners on the show. print this flyer and bring with you for a $2.00 off admission

alphawav
08-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Yes, stock cars is fine. Better to build a database of what the different stock cars put down. I gotta compete with Starbucks? So what then, ya'll want dynos with coffee and muffins?

;-)

Mike W

ROFL!!!!! Ok Mike you got me there, so lets do it. dynos and muffins :D

well how about working out a date, and then getting a rollcall on how many RA's are going to show up... and what we need to bring (if anything) :)

TheBlackBeast
08-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Lets all give support to the mitsubishi owners on the show. print this flyer and bring with you for a $2.00 off admission

oOo...

I would love to go to this, but already planning to move that day. Hmm... I wonder if anyone would miss me for 4 hours while they move my stuff...

TRUSTcompany9000
08-05-2009, 09:09 AM
A date and place would be good lol

alphawav
08-05-2009, 11:04 AM

Are you saying we show-off our bone stock Mitsubishi RA's at Nisei Week?

And does the $12 admission include admission for the car? :eek: he needs a spot too :D

I'll bring my camera. :)