PDA

View Full Version : xtremeboost and cobb downpipe

Krisko
02-16-2011, 06:40 AM
Im looking to buy one or the other but I wanted to see what ppl thought was better. The xtremeboost downpipe is more expensive. Does anyone know why?

Krisko
02-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Nobody knows?

graphite ralli
02-16-2011, 01:19 PM
the extreme boost seams to be an o2 eliminator down pipe so it replaces the o2 housing and the down pipe, the Cobb is just the down pipe and does not replace the o2 housing(this is from what i can tell from Google pics)

an o2 eliminator IMO is a better choice although more expensive, however unless you have a X turbo there aren't to many o2 eliminator down pipes available for the stock ralliart turbo

Krisko
02-16-2011, 02:19 PM
So would this work okay in an ralliart, the xtremeboost one?

graphite ralli
02-16-2011, 07:21 PM
can you post a link with a pic of the pipe you are talking about...no o2 eliminator DP made for an evo will fit...most non o2 eliminator DPs made for evo will...pics would help

Krisko
02-16-2011, 07:32 PM
You answered my question with that last part. Also would this hfc bolt to a UR midpipe and a Cobb downpipe? I believe they are all 3inch diameter

http://www.turboxs.com/shop/product.php?id_product=179

Jackal
02-17-2011, 06:04 AM
I have a question why mix and match as each company has a complete exhaust designed specifically for our cars?

Krisko
02-17-2011, 07:40 AM
Price. I find ppl on craigslist or such places selling there stuff for really low so I figured if they are 3inch pipes preferred by quite a few ppl why pass it up. I just want to make sure if I risk the bolt pattern being different.

graphite ralli
02-18-2011, 08:05 AM
the HFC should bolt right up to the DP with out any issue since most of the parts are designid to be stock replacement(meaning they all use stock location and mounting points)...as far as the mid pipe is concerned i wouldnt bother with it unless you gonna run the cat back as well(also i didnt know ur sold just the mid pipe...thought you could buy the cat back or the axle back...never seen the mid pipe listed on there site for sale and an individual piece)