PDA

View Full Version : Want to raise my car.

Jackal
02-20-2011, 12:55 AM
I want to be able to go from stock height in summer to at least 2-4 inches higher in the winter due to the deep snow. It doesnt matter if you have all wheel drive if your frame is hung up on compacted frozen snow and all 4 wheels are no longer touching the ground. I need more ground clearance is there an adjustable coilover kit or maybe an air suspension system for our car?

vplukas101
02-20-2011, 10:05 AM
sounds like a audi all road that thing is soooooooooooo sexy, it has air suspension but if you track your car i dont think air suspension would be the best

wwralliart77
02-20-2011, 10:25 AM
I want to be able to go from stock height in summer to at least 2-4 inches higher in the winter due to the deep snow. It doesnt matter if you have all wheel drive if your frame is hung up on compacted frozen snow and all 4 wheels are no longer touching the ground. I need more ground clearance is there an adjustable coilover kit or maybe an air suspension system for our car?

There is no air ride kit available for our RAs. There are tons of adj coilovers though. Works has their HotBits line, KW has V1 and V2, Tein Basic and Monoflex, KSport makes a few, D2Racing, Megan Racing, BC Racing. Any kit as advertised fitting a 08 up basic or lancer gts will work on a RA. Spring rates on coilovers tend to be stiff so they'll work fine. I have the D2Racing RS series on my RA. They are 36 way adj, has different settings for height and spring rebound. Also has adj pillow ball camber plates. And the price is right around $1100. Not bad for a coilover that has those options!

jRox
02-20-2011, 07:06 PM
http://xrossmotorsports.com/RalliArt-09/KSport-GR-Gravel-Spec-Ralliart-09/flypage.tpl.html

Jackal
02-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Great find jRox Thank you !