PDA

View Full Version : Cobb Stage 2

Krisko
02-25-2011, 05:41 PM
I got my Full UR Turbo Dual Catback Exhaust set up and running it Cobb Stage 2. Dyno shows 265whp/319wtq. It drives way better than it use to. I'm going to add the intercooler upgrade in a few weeks. Cobb said its gonna be about $1300 to do a turbo swap :( Just need to find a evo x manifold, why are these so hard to come by...

rgwinn
02-25-2011, 05:59 PM
I got my Full UR Turbo Dual Catback Exhaust set up and running it Cobb Stage 2. Dyno shows 265whp/319wtq. It drives way better than it use to. I'm going to add the intercooler upgrade in a few weeks. Cobb said its gonna be about $1300 to do a turbo swap :( Just need to find a evo x manifold, why are these so hard to come by...

Go to the Evo Forums and search some, I have seen them for sale. Nice numbers. Have you driven around in Sport Mode? You should see what your 0-60 time is now.

http://forums.evolutionm.net

http://www.evoxforums.com

evil03
02-25-2011, 06:34 PM
just get a megan one

Krisko
02-25-2011, 06:43 PM
just get a megan one

From a past thread i started, i was told that megan racing parts are chinese and the only thing worth getting are their coilovers for our vehicle.

I was going to check my 0-60 run with my cobb ap, but it had to be mailed back to austin, tx due to issues with it. It won't change maps, no matter what I try. And yes, I've tried everything under the sun. Luckily it was able to be mapped stage 2. And yes, the pick up is very noticeable.

Krisko
03-05-2011, 09:14 AM
I just put on a painted black evo x fmic, matte black nesei uicp and evo x licp. It looks really awesome when you look at the grill and it looks really stealth. The bov isn't as loud as it use to be. On top of that the burst of torque is a little more leaned out. Not sure if I like this but it kinda feels like I need a tune. The afr seems a bit off

Ralliart23
03-05-2011, 10:42 AM

what do you mean by when you it drives way better than it used to ?

pbassist12
03-05-2011, 10:46 AM
I also plan on getting the cobb ap with a turboback exhaust from UR. My question would be when i get the front mount, i would need a tune right away?

Krisko
03-05-2011, 01:13 PM
what do you mean by when you it drives way better than it used to ?

The "punch" just isn't as hardcore from when it had the stock restrictive RA intercooler parts.

Krisko
03-05-2011, 01:17 PM
I also plan on getting the cobb ap with a turboback exhaust from UR. My question would be when i get the front mount, i would need a tune right away?

Well, I can't give you the most accurate answer, but from what I can tell from the way it drives, since the flow of air is less restrictive and flowing alot better a tune could awaken hidden power that the car is trying to give off. Plus the BOV doesn't make the same sound it did ever since I did the intercooler upgrade. The BOV use to make an "eeeeeeeeennnnnngggggggggggggg, psssssssssst" sound. Now all I hear is air flowing then a "psssssssst" sound.

spider21
03-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Well, I can't give you the most accurate answer, but from what I can tell from the way it drives, since the flow of air is less restrictive and flowing alot better a tune could awaken hidden power that the car is trying to give off. Plus the BOV doesn't make the same sound it did ever since I did the intercooler upgrade. The BOV use to make an "eeeeeeeeennnnnngggggggggggggg, psssssssssst" sound. Now all I hear is air flowing then a "psssssssst" sound.

Krisko
I just had the Evo X turbo swap done along with hard pipe kit and intake. Cobb did all the work this weekend. All I can say it was an amazing power increase.

http://clubralliart.com/picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=346

BravoZero
03-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Krisko
I just had the Evo X turbo swap done along with hard pipe kit and intake. Cobb did all the work this weekend. All I can say it was an amazing power increase.

http://clubralliart.com/picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=346

NICE! How much did all of that cost?

spider21
03-27-2011, 05:54 PM
NICE! How much did all of that cost?

About $3,100 in parts give or take this is a rough estimate plus install and tuning which of course varies place by place. The most expensive parts such as the turbo and manifold were a take off from an Evo X which I lucked out getting those very cheap. Took me a little while to acquire do too varies economical reasons but at the end of the day I am so much happier with my car after this set of upgrades. If you live in the DFW area and want a closer look at the car in person I am in Plano every first Thursday meet that happens at Cobb...

Krisko
03-27-2011, 10:32 PM
About $3,100 in parts give or take this is a rough estimate plus install and tuning which of course varies place by place. The most expensive parts such as the turbo and manifold were a take off from an Evo X which I lucked out getting those very cheap. Took me a little while to acquire do too varies economical reasons but at the end of the day I am so much happier with my car after this set of upgrades. If you live in the DFW area and want a closer look at the car in person I am in Plano every first Thursday meet that happens at Cobb...

Yeah I plan to do my dyno at Cobb, but they charge WAY too much for labor. Evolution Dynamics charges alot less, so I'm going to have them do the labor then take it to Cobb for the dyno. I remember Cobb told me it was going to be $400 for a putting on Swift Sport springs which Evo Dynamics charge $150.

My mods I'm going to add are the ETS short ram, Custom Evo X tubular manifold, Evo X turbo, Boost controller, forged Wastegate, and a few others I can't think of. Plus I heard this guy run Gold SSP transmission fluid and hit 11s in a 1/4 mile run, so I may go that route too.

Plus Evolution Dynamics started NTEC (North Texas Evo Club) and these guys have broken Evo's down to the bone and learned everything about them. You should check them out sometime.