PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Racing Turboback Exhaust?

pbassist12
03-01-2011, 10:07 AM
So i was thinking of getting the turboback exhaust from UR. My only concern is it being too loud. I dont want my exhaust to be loud, i want it to have a nice low sound with a little bit of sound. If anyone has an exhaust from ur or heard one please state your comments! Its hard to tell from the videos whats loud and whats not

Krisko
03-01-2011, 11:34 AM
I was told buschur has the lowest tone and lightest weight dual exhaust. I have a UR exhaust and the mini muffler really only lowers the tone inside the car. Not so much outside. I drive by cars in my apt complex and set off car alarms atleast twice a day. Luckily no one has complained yet

pbassist12
03-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Bahaha thats great haha, idk if i want to do that cause then ill really be hated on my street haha

pbassist12
03-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Another question is could i get the buscher catback exhaust and then get the UR high flow cat and downpipe?

Mkid
03-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Sound clips of the buscher?

Ralliart23
03-01-2011, 02:01 PM
http://clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=1200&highlight=ultimate+racing

theres info on the ur if you want it!

Jackal
03-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Well I have stated before and will state again. The UR exhaust is great but if loud is not your thing you have to opt for both midpipe options. You need to order it with both the resonator and mini mid muffler. It look great, sounds even better the flow is fantasic make sure you order the high flow cat and the big 3 inch down pipe as well.

Oh and did I mention you can drop aprox 45 pounds off the weight of your car by ditching the factory exhaust in favour of the UR setup.

RalliNurse
03-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Just wait till the 9th...I'm getting the setup what Jackal have suggested...ill post videos when I get it done...

Krisko
03-01-2011, 07:11 PM
With a Cobb stage 2 tune this exhaust really shines. Thing is from a mini muffler or not the only real decrease in tone is inside the car. It will still be reasonably loud outside especially when you gun it.

Ah I forgot to mention what jackal said. Your cars weight drops for sure. When I was carrying the stock exhaust in the house all I could thing of was when could I sit it down. Every part about it is heavy.

pbassist12
03-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Just wait till the 9th...I'm getting the setup what Jackal have suggested...ill post videos when I get it done...

cant wait! shoot me a PM when you upload them

I plan on getting the whole UR exhaust in the future so hopefully it will be great.

wwralliart77
03-01-2011, 11:14 PM
So i was thinking of getting the turboback exhaust from UR. My only concern is it being too loud. I dont want my exhaust to be loud, i want it to have a nice low sound with a little bit of sound. If anyone has an exhaust from ur or heard one please state your comments! Its hard to tell from the videos whats loud and whats not

Quietest exhaust I've heard on a RA would definitely be the HKS legamax. Looks nice, has somewhat of a stock tone with a lil rasp. Not my thing, but it could work out good for you.
Here's some vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpDtXuby4fU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apmc9mL36CE&feature=related

jRox
03-02-2011, 08:34 PM
So far I have the UR axleback. I plan on installing the full UR TBE when spring time comes. IMO, I even find the axleback to give off an unbearable drone for the passengers. Hopefully with both the resonator and mini-muffler, the drone won't get worse. :o

Krisko
03-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Yeah I agree. My brother can barely hear what im saying to him when he's in the back seat. Its like I have to yell just to get him to listen properly.

RG-RA
03-03-2011, 06:27 PM
That's weird I had he catback win only the resonator and never had any drone just a nice deep tone. But now I have the down pipe and test pipe in and when I go wot there is no point even trying to talk lol but I still don't think its that bad just driving and the wife doesn't mind it either :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUhOSP0ZGHo

Jackal
03-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Great job! absolutely loved the video. I love the UR exhaust but hell Im half deaf besides I usually have my music way too loud anyway LOL! Thanks for taking the time putting that together as I think you might of just help sell a few more UR exhausts.