PDA

View Full Version : Just installed...

RalliNurse
03-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Ok...I miscalculated my schedule...I was gonna install all my parts on the 9th...but now I have to break it into 2 parts...

So part 1 today...I installed my UR catback with mini-muffler and resonator midpipe option...I also got a Cosworth drop-in...

here is some pics...

The last pic with the muffler on is a bit misaligned cuz Chris haven't tighten the bolts...

Sry I haven't took a vid of the exhaust note...I'll do the w/part 2....so stay tune on that...

My impression on this set up is that from the outside of the car...the catback wasn't as loud as I anticipated...the whole exhaust system has a nice deep note even when gas paddle is being stepped on...however...inside the car I can notice the volume is louder compare to outside (right behind the car)...the is drone noted...but it's not as annoying (tolerable)...I do notice I loss some low-end power...but mid to high range power gained a bit...

Overall I love this $hit...I can't wait for everything to get done!!!

ralliartSAT
03-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Looks clean! Can't wait to get my U R cat back, already have the DP and HFC just waiting for more funds to get the cat back I love the way it sounds on videos but I'm sure it's not the same. I have a quick question, the turbo back kills the warranty right?

pbassist12
03-03-2011, 11:39 PM
Looks clean! Can't wait to get my U R cat back, already have the DP and HFC just waiting for more funds to get the cat back I love the way it sounds on videos but I'm sure it's not the same. I have a quick question, the turbo back kills the warranty right?

Do you have the DP and HFC installed?

ralliartSAT
03-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Do you have the DP and HFC installed?

Yes I do did it my self about a 2 weeks ago.

Jackal
03-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Once you get the rest of your parts installed you might wanna consider a tune because after the tune you will have a lot more power all the way thru the power band. But if you do highway driving you will notice an increase in fuel economy now that the engine can breath better through both ends. Enjoy!
Can you do us a favour and weigh the old exhaust parts you removed. Just curious.

RalliNurse
03-04-2011, 12:00 AM
I won't be able to do that just yet...but I can say this for sure...stock is a lot HEAVIER! And after I get the u/l icp installed I will def get a tune...

Jackal
03-04-2011, 12:39 AM
I take it then from your response that you have already upgraded the Intercooler itself to a stock Evo X unit or better?

RalliNurse
03-04-2011, 12:24 PM
I take it then from your response that you have already upgraded the Intercooler itself to a stock Evo X unit or better?

No...that will be part 2

BravoZero
03-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Nice dude! I'm debating on which exhaust system to get, I'm leaning more towards Borla since I've had their catback systems on every vehicle I've owned minus my last Subaru. I know they're a little pricey but well worth it from my past experience.

RalliNurse
03-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Nice dude! I'm debating on which exhaust system to get, I'm leaning more towards Borla since I've had their catback systems on every vehicle I've owned minus my last Subaru. I know they're a little pricey but well worth it from my past experience.

I think someone on this site have borla...but I don't know for sure if there is really and application for ra...

BravoZero
03-05-2011, 06:39 AM
I think someone on this site have borla...but I don't know for sure if there is really and application for ra...

There is... if you go onto Borla's website and look up the 2009 Ralliart it's there and real. I guess since there haven't been any real changes between the three model years they didn't bother adding it twice after that.

RalliNurse
03-05-2011, 12:08 PM
There is... if you go onto Borla's website and look up the 2009 Ralliart it's there and real. I guess since there haven't been any real changes between the three model years they didn't bother adding it twice after that.

Yeah...I remember mid-jan. We had a bbq meet @ rre...this lady racergirl had a full catback borla...her net awhp I think it's about 240 w/cosworth dropin and no tune...borla sounds good...but it's bit on the loud side...w/no tune the performance gain its very impressive...my car at stock is 210 awhp and her car is 240...

initial_d2k
03-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Looking forward for sound clip =)
I really wonder how "quieter" is the option with resonator and mini muffler..

BravoZero
03-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Yeah...I remember mid-jan. We had a bbq meet @ rre...this lady racergirl had a full catback borla...her net awhp I think it's about 240 w/cosworth dropin and no tune...borla sounds good...but it's bit on the loud side...w/no tune the performance gain its very impressive...my car at stock is 210 awhp and her car is 240...

I just flashed the GST basemap today with a K&N filter, so I'll probably have even better gains than she did if I had a Borla installed.

RalliNurse
03-06-2011, 12:40 AM
over 230 for sure..
that's hers with cosworth and borla

http://roadraceengineering.com/ralliart/dynos/clubmeet_1_8_2011/RA09CarolynHayes/700/229hp.jpg
this is pure stock...
http://roadraceengineering.com/ralliart/dynos/clubmeet_1_8_2011/RA10ChristopherLee/700/stock-210hp.jpg
you can use this as a baseline to see how ur car progress...however...this is on rre's dynojet...numbers will be different from dyno to dyno...so just give u a heads up

RalliNurse
03-10-2011, 12:11 AM
After FMIC,U/LICPs and a tune here is the result...278 tq and 272 awhp....

RalliNurse
03-10-2011, 12:31 AM
Big thanx to UR...Josh who accept my order and my special request...
Big thanx to Mike, Chris and Sam @ RRE...the installation and tuning...

Thanx guys...

here is a few pics for u guys to enjoy!

RalliNurse
03-10-2011, 12:32 AM
Part 2 of pics!!!

Thanx to rall1rt for the inspiration!! :)

BravoZero
03-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Wow, nice gains!

I never thought just upgrading the IC along with the piping and a full catback with a proper tune could unlock so much power over stock. Definitely interested in doing this now.

MTZL
03-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Congrats RalliNurse! :cool:

RalliNurse
03-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Gotta thanx to mike for the tune

Jackal
03-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Looks like your sitting about the same stage as me now.

RalliNurse
03-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Looks like your sitting about the same stage as me now.

Not really...I don't have sticker mods...LOL

KrazyRA
03-19-2011, 02:17 AM
rallinurse can we get a video of how the ur cat sounds like?

RalliNurse
03-19-2011, 11:22 AM
rallinurse can we get a video of how the ur cat sounds like?

Sure thing...however...I won't be avalible to do the vids until wed at the earliest...I got school and work...just a hint...if u heard the exhaust on g35/37 it's like those but louder and a bit deeper...

Jackal
03-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Not really...I don't have sticker mods...LOL

Its Ok I will allow you time to catch up then LMAO !!!

KrazyRA
03-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Sure thing...however...I won't be avalible to do the vids until wed at the earliest...I got school and work...just a hint...if u heard the exhaust on g35/37 it's like those but louder and a bit deeper...

ok thanks...I want to get the same thing so I want to know how it really sounds on our RA.

KrazyRA
03-27-2011, 01:22 AM
what happen to the video?

Racegirl
04-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Hi RalliNurse:

Congrats on the mods and tune.

Very nice power gains, I'm going to Mike at RRE for sure when it comes time to tune my car.

zeRep85
04-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Hi RalliNurse:

Congrats on the mods and tune.

Very nice power gains, I'm going to Mike at RRE for sure when it comes time to tune my car.

Hey Racegirl,

Where you on Newport Blvd about a week ago? i could have sworn i recognized that borla exhaust! haha

I was in my GG RA leaving work

zeRep

Racegirl
04-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Hey ZeRep :

Yes, that was me on Tuesday April 12th just a little after 5:00 PM.

Funny thing is I thought I saw another Ralliart too.

So how does the Borla sound from outside the car?

Carolyn - Racegirl

RalliNurse
04-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Hey ZeRep :

Carolyn - Racegirl

Wrong guy carolyn...ur cheating on me?

Racegirl
04-21-2011, 04:00 PM
LOL...

Too funny RalliNurse

zeRep85
04-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Hey ZeRep :

Carolyn - Racegirl

Yup get off of work at 5pm

We were moving pretty slow so couldnt really hear it...plus my exhaust is pretty loud too

zeRep

sstevojr
04-23-2011, 12:26 AM
If I'm reading that right, you are making more boost at 5700 then at 3000?!?! How the hell is that possible on a tiny RA turbo???