PDA

View Full Version : SST oil

rall1rt
03-10-2011, 07:48 AM
Okay soon I will be coming up on my transmission fluid change and wanted to know if there is an alternative to the MItsubishi Diaqueen oil or the Southside Performance ... particularly cheaper lol. As an example.... Lamborghini says to use AGIP fluid for the transmission now many other lambo owners including Underground Racing use Mobile 1 in their 200+ mph lambos.... what is SO different about the SST specific fluid and say a Mobile 1 replacement for ours cars?:confused:

Just a thought for the day... me and a friend were talking about it yesterday.

Jackal
03-10-2011, 11:16 PM
With a replacement cost of well over $12,000 for our Transmission, you better not let price dictate what you wanna pay for your tranny fluid.

I am probably going to let the dealership do the first trans fluid change on my car as I want to hear from a few people who have switched to the SSP fluid but only after they have put at least 25,000 km on their car after the fluid change and get their opinion at that time. Sorry I don't have the money to experiment or be a guinea pig.

2muchboost
03-10-2011, 11:49 PM
^^What he said!
Trans cost way to much to be taking shortcuts.
Plus you only have to change the trans fluid every 20k i believe. I plan on doing it every 15k and i still dont think its a bad deal considering what kind of trans we have. :)

TrailBrake
03-11-2011, 05:37 AM
Is that 15-20k miles or km?

rall1rt
03-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Not necessarily looking for cheap because buying it from mitsu and doing it myself is not expensive ... I just find it hard to believe that that's the only oil we can use.... was just wondering if anyone had tried something else. Thanks for ya'lls input!

MTZL
03-11-2011, 12:16 PM
SSTF change is every 30,000 miles of severe driving condition maintenance
stop & go,
excessive short trips,
driving in the snow,
driving in the dirt,
spirited driving,
daily driving.

But for all the conservative drivers is 60k miles of regular driving condition maintenance.

Its all in the manual.

2muchboost
03-11-2011, 12:43 PM
30k miles... I was way off! But thats why i dont mind paying a lot for the fluid. You will only have to do it a few times :)