PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous Immitations

Blaze
03-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Both on and off the forums there is frequently a debate over knock off parts verses original/authentic.

What exactly are you getting for double the money? And what, if any, difference is there in the long run? GReddy has been very good at documenting the differences in their parts verses the Dopplegangers, so does Tomei Powered and a handful of other companies.

I happened upon this video last night and thought I would share it with you. It's a side by side comparison of how WEDs compares their wheels to the knock off version through rigerous stress testing. They go on to discuss their methodology/ideology in their company's dedication to engineering high performance products with the highest level of safety and quality control in mind.

It won't be the end all, but it's something to consider the next time you make a purchase of anything aftermarket.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/BJeFB6SRslk

MTZL
03-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Thats the problem, when you buy stuff you dont know what you're gonna get. (Like a box of chocolate) :D
Especially if you cant tell the difference between a knock off & real until you put it to test. But whos gonna buy it & test it to see if its real?
Or unless you go out deliberately buy knock off. You get what you pay for & sometimes you get ripped off with knock off paying full price of a real one.

Cool Vid.

RalliNurse
03-10-2011, 02:01 PM
True that MTZL...when someone buy something...unless ur not an industry noob...ull be able to tell the difference between knock-offs and legits...it remind me of my bov purchase...I bought a evo x bov from dealer...someone on forum mentioned for the price I paid I could've gone aftermarket...or used...but my argument is this...aftermarket is fine if u know what ur looking at/for...used ull have high chance getting a ripoff...bov is a mission-critical component...same with shock,rims etc...always do research before buying...and a good deal is always too good to be true...

Good vid blaze...learn something new on rims...