PDA

View Full Version : BravoZero's 2011 ASM Ralliart

Pages : [1] 2

BravoZero
03-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Finally getting around to making a thread for my Ralliart. She's a 2011, purchased February 2, 2011. Apex Silver Metallic, standard package, no Recaro seats or HIDs or RF audio system. But that's ok... because it'll be easier to make it how I want it without all of those extras. I love this car, it's my first turbocharged vehicle and it's a different beast from what I'm used to driving, but certainly not my first Mitsubishi. My previous 2002 Eclipse GT was named "Victoria", I call my Ralliart "Veronica".

Current Mods:

Engine/transmission-

-K&N drop-in filter
-GST Motorsports' V2.7 TBE basemap
-GST Boost Pill
-EVO MR metal bypass valve
-Ultimate Racing catback exhaust with optional resonator and mini-muffler
-EvoX intercooler setup (IC, UICP, LICP)
-Depo 200-cell high flow cat

Suspension/steering/wheels/tires-

-BC Racing BR-series coilovers
-Swift coilover springs
-Bremmer Kraft BR05 black w/machined lip 18x8" et45 wheels
-Continental DWS tires 235/40-18

Exterior-

-Blacked out window trim
-Perrin 2" shorty antenna
-tinted side markers
-EvoX front plate mount

Interior-

-AWC switch relocation
-OEM Ralliart aluminum shift knob

Electronics-

-AEM boost gauge
-AEM AFR wideband gauge

Planned/Future Mods:
-upgraded front rotors
-upgraded front and rear brake pads
-tinted windows
-Aftermarket UICP
-Rear strut bar
-Upgraded front and rear swaybars
-Upgraded front and rear endlinks
-color matched vortex generator
-debadged trunk (except for the Mitsu diamonds and Ralliart badge)
-EvoX turbo swap (way down the road)

Brand new:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/2011-02-05_15-37-47_187.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/2011-02-05_15-38-02_16.jpg

This post will be for current and future mod lists as well as pics of the RA when it was first purchased. The next post will be current updates.

BravoZero
03-14-2011, 11:38 AM
As she is now:

PICS COMING SOON.

vplukas101
03-14-2011, 11:56 AM
looking forward to seeing your build

BravoZero
03-15-2011, 07:31 AM
looking forward to seeing your build

Thanks, it'll definitely be a "work in progress" soon! Updated the first post with future mods.

BravoZero
03-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Ordered an EVO MR metal blow-off valve from Lancershop.com last week and got it in yesterday, just installed it tonight and tested it. Boost is a bit smoother now, and it's a little louder as well which is nice. I need to get a new vaccuum line since the top inlet is pointing in a different direction but I made it work for now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/2011-03-16_19-51-13_554.jpg

BravoZero
03-27-2011, 07:45 AM
Installed the GST boost pill I received two weeks ago and uploaded the GST Basemap V2.5 for the boost pill, and HOLY CRAP this is a completely different beast.

On another note, I was going to install the Evo X plate mount but decided against it. I'm very OCD and picky when it comes to looks and didn't like the idea of already having two holes in the nose of the bumper. I know I could have plugged them, but it wouldn't look that great. Maybe down the road I'll get a replacement bumper with no holes and I'll get another Evo X mount.

On that note... since the dealership won't take it back as it's "special order", I'll be posting for sale if anyone wants it.

BravoZero
03-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Another reason I didn't install the Evo plate mount is because when the front plate was put on, it was too close but for some reason might have been loose enough to where it make a horizontal mark across where the top of the plate sits, so not only would I have two holes, that could have been plugged, but I'd have a nice mark that won't come out and is somewhat noticable. Now... if there were a way to repair that area on the nose, I would reconsider putting the Evo mount on, but I doubt there is any way to.

Nhowar02
03-29-2011, 04:44 PM
yeah i was in the same debate with the evo x mount. i bought it and didint like it as much as i thought i would. i was also about to sell the mount. putting the plate in the center just looks bad. so then i went to asking friends and family, they were all like ewww no dont do that! its not normal but its different, im glad i did it. my dealer didnt drill any holes so i didint have any center holes to worry about. drilling into my bumper with that HUGE drill bit was so scary, cause im the same way about mods and looks of my car. i like a clean fit look.

BravoZero
03-29-2011, 05:12 PM
yeah i was in the same debate with the evo x mount. i bought it and didint like it as much as i thought i would. i was also about to sell the mount. putting the plate in the center just looks bad. so then i went to asking friends and family, they were all like ewww no dont do that! its not normal but its different, im glad i did it. my dealer didnt drill any holes so i didint have any center holes to worry about. drilling into my bumper with that HUGE drill bit was so scary, cause im the same way about mods and looks of my car. i like a clean fit look.

Well at this point that's where it's staying, in the middle. Maybe down the road I'll get a replacement bumper and have the Evo plate mount, but until then it stays where its at. Trust me... I could look a LOT worse. I'll be getting tinted plate protectors to go over them, maybe that will help with the white plate on a black background, wont' be so noticeable. Yes I know they're illegal technically, IDGAF. :D

Nhowar02
03-29-2011, 06:42 PM
haha yeah everybody has them

highcaliber
03-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Looking good. 'Base package ASM' FTW! (I was starting to think I was the only guy here who didn't have Recaros and HID's)

I have the side mount plate from the Evo. I like how it looks and I get more comments about it than anything.

However, I DID get pulled over for it this morning. CHP officer said he couldn't see it and made me get out of the car and show him where it was. His comment was 'And it came like that when you bought it?' when I answered 'Yes' his reply was 'It looks pretty cool - okay, have a good day'

Scientific proof that even cops like the Evo plate mount. :D

BravoZero
03-30-2011, 07:05 AM
Looking good. 'Base package ASM' FTW! (I was starting to think I was the only guy here who didn't have Recaros and HID's)

I have the side mount plate from the Evo. I like how it looks and I get more comments about it than anything.

However, I DID get pulled over for it this morning. CHP officer said he couldn't see it and made me get out of the car and show him where it was. His comment was 'And it came like that when you bought it?' when I answered 'Yes' his reply was 'It looks pretty cool - okay, have a good day'

Scientific proof that even cops like the Evo plate mount. :D

Ha, nice. Yea I do love the look but sometimes you gotta deal with it. I'm perfectly fine with keeping the plate in the middle, just gotta make it look nice. One day... the Evo X style plate location will be MINEEEEE!!!!!! :)

BravoZero
03-30-2011, 02:35 PM
UPDATE:

Just purchased a set of BC Racing coilovers this afternoon, decided on those rather than just springs. Can't wait to get them in and install them!

Mkid
03-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Okay, so why did you pick BC racing? I'm not getting much of the information I wanted out of my thread. lol

BravoZero
03-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Okay, so why did you pick BC racing? I'm not getting much of the information I wanted out of my thread. lol

Haha, yea seems like it's a cluster-eff.

I chose BC because I've heard great things about them, and I'm not planning on taking my car to the track religously, if at all. These coilover are mainly for daily/spirited driving and occasional track duty, plus the cost of them makes it ideal for my needs. And the fact that I have a whole coilover system rather than just springs ensures that, as long as they're tuned correctly, they'll last a long time. Plus... BC has a great customer service plan where if you have a problem with a coilover after the warranty expires, it's only $95 to send it to them and have it revalved or fixed. Can't beat that!

BravoZero
04-04-2011, 10:41 AM
I wonder what this is that showed up today on my day off... ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/2011-04-04_13-17-37_59.jpg

Mkid
04-04-2011, 02:14 PM
I think I have an idea ;)

BravoZero
04-04-2011, 02:28 PM
I think I have an idea ;)

You know what it is? It's WINNING. Haha

Mkid
04-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Its a box of Charlie Sheen special. lol

MTZL
04-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Special box from Charlie Sheen? I heard he gives out car(s), if you are a female hooker. :D

BravoZero
04-19-2011, 07:30 AM
I'm trying to get an idea of which wheels to get, and so far I've narrowed it down to two choices:

ASA GT5 in black
http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/asa/swap/asa_gt5_b_ci3_l.jpg

moda MD11 w/black accent
http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/moda/swap/moda_md11_mba_ci3_l.jpg

The ASA's are more expensive and have a good reputation from what I've seen, but I do like the looks of the MD11's with the machined silver out the outside, the rest of the wheel is black. Both are 18x8 with a 45mm offset, proper 5-114 bolt pattern.

I'm also swapping out the chrome window trim with the black ones on my girlfriend's Lancer ES since she decided to keep the chrome front grille, which will enable me to Plasti-Dip the front chrome ring on the nose and I will probably be getting the tinted side-marker lights as well. Silver/black theme for my car.

wwralliart77
04-19-2011, 08:10 AM
I'd stick with the ASAs. I'm not a fan of silver/chrome anything on cars, especially wheels. Besides if your planning to replace all the chrome trim for black ones then black wheels seem like the better choice IMO.

BravoZero
04-19-2011, 08:18 AM
The MD11's are actually machined silver, not chrome. I would stay away from them if they were chrome! haha.

The reason I was considering those is because I like the silver on the outer part of the wheel while the rest of the wheel is black, but I do like the ASA's as well.

MTZL
04-19-2011, 09:32 AM
I vote for asa gt5.

Insane11RA
04-19-2011, 05:51 PM
I have bad experience with my asa, 2 of mine started to crack. I must be the only lucky one :(

GAbOS
04-19-2011, 06:26 PM
I just got TSW Nurburgrings that have a similar design to the ASA. They also make it in black with a machined face.

http://www.tsw.com/img/nurburgring_silver_reg_normal_white.jpg

BravoZero
04-21-2011, 07:30 AM
I still have time before I get new wheels, which will be better in the end anyway. Wheels are the hardest thing for me to choose for any vehicle I own, probably like most people that mod theirs. Need to look at good all-season tires as well.

On another note, I decided to run my car pretty hard going to work this morning. Dunno why, but I'm glad I did. I have a 45 minute commute to work every day and it took me less than 30 minutes, and NOT ONCE did this car flinch or hesitate. Put it in Manual Sport mode and hauled ass. The only thing that really showed was the understeer, which can easily be cured. Damn I love this car...

BravoZero
04-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Just made an appointment with Mach V Motorsports in Sterling to have my coilovers installed and setup, along with getting the rear fenders rolled for future wheels/tires. Gotta find a good excuse to give my boss so I can take off work next friday...... lol.

BravoZero
04-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Took the opportunity this weekend to do some window trim trading. My girlfriend was interested in putting the chrome window trim from my Ralliart on her ES since she has the chrome front grille, so I swapped them out for her all black window trim. Looks much better IMO. I honestly think the chrome trim looks better on her blue ES as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/2011-04-25_08-51-57_996.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/2011-04-25_08-52-07_820.jpg

I also took a few minutes and installed an OEM GTS front strut bar I bought her as a surprise gift. Her car handles a lot better and she noticed a big difference. I got it used for about $40, it was in excellent condition other than an area where the previous owner slipped with a wrench and chipped the paint, easily fixed though.

Now that the window trim is blacked out, I'm going to try and get the front chrome ring done soon. Other than that, the only other items I want to get installed soon are the UR catback and the MMCS... just don't know which one to do first.

E46byeRAhi
04-25-2011, 08:38 AM
those asa wheels look pretty similar to the BE by breyron GTS-AV. they're on tirerack. don't know if they're cheaper but worth a look

Jackal
04-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Hold the Train and stop the presses! You mean to tell me the American Ralliarts came with Chrome trim? Weird because the Canadian model came with all Black trim except the front end Trim ring. Can anyone confirm this Chrome trim thing on the American model?

BravoZero
04-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Hold the Train and stop the presses! You mean to tell me the American Ralliarts came with Chrome trim? Weird because the Canadian model came with all Black trim except the front end Trim ring. Can anyone confirm this Chrome trim thing on the American model?

Look at the first post here in this thread. You can see the chrome on the window trim. The only US Lancer models to have chrome window trim are the Ralliart and EvoX MR. The rest of them, including the GSR, have black trim.

EricS09RA
04-30-2011, 04:48 AM

Confirmed, mine came with chrome window trim and front ring

BravoZero
04-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Got the coilovers installed!

Before:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/car%20pics/DSCN1860.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/car%20pics/DSCN1858.jpg

After:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/car%20pics/DSCN1867.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/car%20pics/DSCN1863.jpg

Car rides firmer but handles MUCH better. Love the height that it's set at too. Only problem is... now you can see how skinny the stock tires and wheels are. Definitely need to upgrade it! The rear camber was adjusted the best they could but I will be getting either a rear camber kit or getting the BC rear camber plates like the ones on the front. Running -1.5 camber in the front, -1.6 left rear, -1.4 left right, and zero toe angle all around. Since I'm planning to get 245 width tires, even with a fender roll I would need to set the rear camber out a little more.

Next plan is the UR catback. I would get new tires/wheels but I'm going to wait until the Yoko's wear out. Allows me more time to save money and research which wheels I want.

EricS09RA
05-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Lookin good!!!

Mia_Ra
05-01-2011, 03:08 PM
I have the Whiteline Rear camber kit installed. It makes it super easy to get the exact amount of camber you want! It's easily adjustable so if you track the car you could easily adjust it for the track depending on what your looking for.

BravoZero
05-01-2011, 05:08 PM
I'll consider that, thanks!

BravoZero
05-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Got the Perrin 2" shorty antenna installed. Looks much better, we'll see if radio signal gets worse.

MTZL
05-03-2011, 09:36 AM
What kind of coilovers??? Looks great! :cool:

wwralliart77
05-03-2011, 09:41 AM
What kind of coilovers??? Looks great! :cool:

He's got the BC Racing coilovers installed.

BravoZero
05-03-2011, 10:02 AM
^ Correct.

BC Racing BR-series (non-inverted)

BravoZero
05-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Got a chance to do the front ring today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/2011-05-07_18-34-03_9.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/2011-05-07_18-32-56_381.jpg

I would normally be all excited and crap... but I'm actually disappointed. Not in the finished product, but the fact that It had a lot of runoff and bubbled up in some areas. Can't see it in the pictures, but you can clear as day in person. I do like the overall look, much better. But my Plasti-dip skills are horrible. Plus, with the wind blowing and on-and-off rain, then sun, the pollen flying around... I only had limited space where I could do this and not be affected by those conditions. Did it in my basement, with poor lighting. Probably contributes to the outcome. Ugh.

Mkid
05-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Good thing about plasti-dip... you can probably just add more coats to smooth it out or if its really bad, just peel it off and do it again :)

GAbOS
05-08-2011, 08:18 AM
More, lighter coats. The environmental conditions did not sound too helpful either though. :)

BravoZero
05-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Look what arrived at my girlfriend's house... Ordered it last Wednesday.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/car018.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/car019.jpg

I had it sent to her house because I didn't want to hear crap from my family about buying more parts for my car... Anyway, I'll get it installed soon!

wwralliart77
05-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Nice! Can't wait to see it installed.

BravoZero
05-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Bad news... no Borla installed. I went up to DIY Mechanics up in Sterling on Saturday and ended up leaving with the car in the same condition as when I got there.

This comes as a complete shocker to me, I go to install the system and everything was fine up until I noticed that the exhaust tips were sitting too low. I tweaked with it and just couldn't get it to sit properly, so I ended up removing the entire system and installing it in the reverse order. Same thing, sat too low. The way the system is designed is there are three parts: the midpipe that bolts to the cat converter flange, the angled pipe that goes around the differential, and the rear dual-tip section.

The mechanic on duty took a look and said that the angled pipe doesn't have the correct bend, sitting too high, which means when you connect the rear section it will offset it too much. So we both came to the conclusion that the center angled pipe is defective, and now I have to deal with both the company I bought it from and probably Borla since it's a defective piece. So I wasted two hours up there for nothing. Hopefully it will be an easy process to get another system since it's not considered used or fully installed, never started the car or bolted everything up completely. We'll see what happens, I think next time I'll just take it up to Mach V Motorsports and have them install it in case I run into that issue again, at least they'll be able to make it work.

Exyia
05-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Bad news... no Borla installed. I went up to DIY Mechanics up in Sterling on Saturday and ended up leaving with the car in the same condition as when I got there.

This comes as a complete shocker to me, I go to install the system and everything was fine up until I noticed that the exhaust tips were sitting too low. I tweaked with it and just couldn't get it to sit properly, so I ended up removing the entire system and installing it in the reverse order. Same thing, sat too low. The way the system is designed is there are three parts: the midpipe that bolts to the cat converter flange, the angled pipe that goes around the differential, and the rear dual-tip section.

The mechanic on duty took a look and said that the angled pipe doesn't have the correct bend, sitting too high, which means when you connect the rear section it will offset it too much. So we both came to the conclusion that the center angled pipe is defective, and now I have to deal with both the company I bought it from and probably Borla since it's a defective piece. So I wasted two hours up there for nothing. Hopefully it will be an easy process to get another system since it's not considered used or fully installed, never started the car or bolted everything up completely. We'll see what happens, I think next time I'll just take it up to Mach V Motorsports and have them install it in case I run into that issue again, at least they'll be able to make it work.

shame

over here in TX, we just had MOD 2011, and I met an owner with the borla CBE. His fit fine and sounded very raspy and throaty!

definitely seems like a defective piece though, because I didn't see any fitment issues at all

wwralliart77
05-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Sounds like you got sent the Evo X angled pipe by mistake. You see the only difference between aftermarket catback exhausts on the RA and Evo is the angled pipe. The cat, mid pipe, and sometimes the rear muffler section remain the same on both models. I had a evo x aftermarket exhaust rigged to fit my RA and those are the exact fitment issues that I had. Double check the part number and confirm with Borla if it is indeed a defective pipe or you got sent the wrong one by mistake.

BravoZero
05-28-2011, 07:36 PM
I was able to return the Borla system to the distributor I bought it from. They're going to send me another one this week as soon as they confirm the "defective" status for me sending it back. As soon as I receive the new system, I'm just going to take it to a local shop near the place I'm moving to next weekend in Fairfax, VA.

BravoZero
05-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Found out a disappointing tidbit of info regarding my coilovers. I purchased them from a vendor over at EvoM, who informed me that BC just changed the spring rates to 6k front and 4k rear, from the default 8k front and 6k rear. I checked with other members and on BC's website, they still remain at 8k/6k. I feel like I got screwed on mine, I can definitely feel my setup not being quite as "coilover-like". Yes, it does handle better than the OEM Ralliart suspension, but not stiff enough, too smooth.

I contacted the vendor to express my concern, no contact back from him yet. Even if I were to buy a new set of springs, I still have to pay to remove the coilovers, replace the springs, reinstall the coilovers and have my car realigned since I need to raise them up a little bit and change the front camber anyway... it would cost more than what the coilovers are worth.

At this point... I'm thinking of just getting a nice set of springs and putting them on the OEM shocks, then removing the coilovers and putting the modified OEM suspension back on, then selling the coilovers.

Opinions?

jRox
05-29-2011, 12:31 PM
I'm a little confused about you're situation. Your coilovers came with 6k/4k and you want 8k/6k? Is that right?

You're concern is that you want your suspension to be more stiff? If so, then switching to OEM Struts & aftermarket springs is the wrong direction.

In any case, how much would you sell them for? :p Could you comment how much of height adjustment is available with the BC's?

Ralliart23
05-29-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm a little confused about you're situation. Your coilovers came with 6k/4k and you want 8k/6k? Is that right?

You're concern is that you want your suspension to be more stiff? If so, then switching to OEM Struts & aftermarket springs is the wrong direction.

In any case, how much would you sell them for? :p Could you comment how much of height adjustment is available with the BC's?

hes switching to the oems for the meantime while he tries to diffuse the situation with the coils im pretty sure, not for good.

wwralliart77
06-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Do your coilovers have an option that allows for spring rebound adjustment? If so you might be able to get a little more stiffness out of them. Sucks though that your spring rates are on the low side; believe my rates on my D2 coilovers are like 10k/8k. I say your better off just buying replacement springs from BC. Install is a walk in the park, I'm sure a few of us can guide you through it. GL!

BravoZero
06-18-2011, 02:37 PM
I will be putting some stuff up for sale, it's time to trade in the Ralliart. This car is already costing me a lot of money and I've only had it for less than 8k miles. I can't afford the premium gas and the bad fuel economy, my insurance rate is a bit high, the fear of the upcoming maintenance costs and the possibility of the transmission going out prematurely... combine that with now living on my own, I can't afford it. Hell, my damn windshield needs to be replaced because a large piece of gravel flew up from a pickup truck and almost shattered it. My insurance won't cover the windshield since I have a $500 deductible.

If I do go through with this, I'll probably trade it in for a 2011 Outlander with AWC. Cheaper on insurance, takes regular fuel, might get slightly better fuel economy too.

razorlab
06-18-2011, 03:39 PM
That was fast, you've had the car four months....

Just FYI you are going to get hit HARD on resale.

BravoZero
06-18-2011, 07:11 PM
I know. Nothing is set in stone yet. We'll see what happens.

MTZL
06-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Damn,... I feel you on your financial situation.

I work hard & the Ralliart is my trophy for working like a slave.
Until the wheels fall off, it is my only working ride.

My suggestion, Get a Honda or Toyota. They are relatively inexpensive to maintain & they may cost more to purchase but you wont have to worry about maintenance til 100k miles. :D

or How about a bike? They are dirt cheap to insure & very cheap on gas (gallon per mile)

As far as insurance, SUV (CUV) are more expensive to insure. At least for me. I wanted a suv/cuv originally. Maybe one day when I win the lottery.

Sport cars in general are not practical for DD.

Why do I buy & drive sport cars?
Life is too short. I got tired of driving slow cars fast.
So I got a fast car to drive slow.
So following this principle, if I drive my Ralliart at slower rpm it will last longer than a slow car driven at the same speed but higher rpm.

In the end, you gotta do whats best for you.
Good Luck Bravo.

BravoZero
06-19-2011, 06:35 AM
Damn,... I feel you on your financial situation.

I work hard & the Ralliart is my trophy for working like a slave.
Until the wheels fall off, it is my only working ride.

My suggestion, Get a Honda or Toyota. They are relatively inexpensive to maintain & they may cost more to purchase but you wont have to worry about maintenance til 100k miles. :D

or How about a bike? They are dirt cheap to insure & very cheap on gas (gallon per mile)

As far as insurance, SUV (CUV) are more expensive to insure. At least for me. I wanted a suv/cuv originally. Maybe one day when I win the lottery.

Sport cars in general are not practical for DD.

Why do I buy & drive sport cars?
Life is too short. I got tired of driving slow cars fast.
So I got a fast car to drive slow.
So following this principle, if I drive my Ralliart at slower rpm it will last longer than a slow car driven at the same speed but higher rpm.

In the end, you gotta do whats best for you.
Good Luck Bravo.

Thanks dude. I'm trying to figure some things out so I can keep it. I do love this car, by far the nicest I've ever owned besides my Eclipse (both Mitsu's, coincidentally). We'll see though. I might find another part time job to help with paying the car off faster.

GAbOS
06-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Used car pricing is at an all time high right now. You would probably end up spending more trying to swap cars at this point.

eRocKiiN
06-20-2011, 12:18 AM
I stay stick out the storm. I've been in your shoes plenty of times and I regret selling most of my cars and not just riding it out. Save for your payments instead of modding it or sell your mods and put it towards them. Either way I'm sure if you really try you can make ends meet. Good luck and IMO KEEP HER!!

BravoZero
06-20-2011, 06:03 AM
I stay stick out the storm. I've been in your shoes plenty of times and I regret selling most of my cars and not just riding it out. Save for your payments instead of modding it or sell your mods and put it towards them. Either way I'm sure if you really try you can make ends meet. Good luck and IMO KEEP HER!!

Thanks dude... I really do love this car. Plus I have my replacement Borla system sitting in my kitchen right now and I keep watching the youtube videos of those two RA's with theirs installed, sitting there thinking how much better my car would be with that system. I did receive my Swift springs so when I get an opportunity I will be putting those on my stock suspension and removing the coilovers. At least I can sell those and make something off of them.

BravoZero
06-21-2011, 05:50 PM
After crunching some numbers and finding a few things to sell, looks like Veronica is staying. I'm looking for a part time job in the evenings just to save up money or use that to help pay off the car faster. Might finally get the Borla installed this coming weekend... hopefully.

New windshield is installed, has the green/blue tint at the top which I actually like having, helps with direct sunlight as I have sensitive eyes, even with sunglasses.

eRocKiiN
06-21-2011, 10:45 PM
After crunching some numbers and finding a few things to sell, looks like Veronica is staying. I'm looking for a part time job in the evenings just to save up money or use that to help pay off the car faster. Might finally get the Borla installed this coming weekend... hopefully.

New windshield is installed, has the green/blue tint at the top which I actually like having, helps with direct sunlight as I have sensitive eyes, even with sunglasses.

Glad to hear!! Whenever I feel like I want to sell her I just get a new mod and fall back inlove with her all over again. This time was CP-E catback and man idk if I'll ever get rid of her now!

BravoZero
06-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Borla has FINALLLY been installed! Sounds and looks awesome.

I'll try to post pics and a vid later.

BravoZero
06-23-2011, 04:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/car%20pics/DSCN1918.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/car%20pics/DSCN1920.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/car%20pics/DSCN1921.jpg

eRocKiiN
06-24-2011, 01:17 AM
Looks sick man!!

EricS09RA
06-24-2011, 05:24 AM
Very nice! Do u have any pics of it prior to install?

BravoZero
06-24-2011, 05:50 AM
This pic was about a month and a half or so, at the Carlisle Performance and Style show in PA.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/DSCN1894.jpg

Notice the difference in the size of the tips (that's what she said).

razorlab
06-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Good lord how big are those tips!??~?~

BravoZero
06-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Lol... Borla's site says they are 4 inch. I think they do nicely as it fills in most of the exhaust cutout in the bumper.

EricS09RA
06-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Sorry, should've been more specific, got any pictures of the Borla exhaust prior to install?

BravoZero
06-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Unfortunately no. I meant to take pics of the system out of the box but forgot.

Here's a pic from another member's thread on EvoM with his Borla system.

Exyia
06-24-2011, 06:37 PM
wow that looks loud...only muffler on that thing is pretty tiny compared to the whole system lol

and the size of the tips look pretty good with the bumper! tempting!

BravoZero
06-24-2011, 07:05 PM
wow that looks loud...only muffler on that thing is pretty tiny compared to the whole system lol

and the size of the tips look pretty good with the bumper! tempting!

Oh it's pretty loud. In fact, I've had two Borla systems and a car with just a Borla muffler previously, and this is probably louder than all three combined. It's really deep, which is what Borla is known for. But you know what... I grin while driving this car now :D

I'd say if you have the money go for it!

EricS09RA
06-25-2011, 12:55 PM
yes, very tempting

Racegirl
06-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Congrats BravoZero,

I'm glad you are enjoying your Borla exhaust finally....:D

omar123
06-29-2011, 03:21 PM
have you ever ,wonder how sum eclipse 09 wheels would look on that car .and the fit is perfect 18x8

BravoZero
06-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Congrats BravoZero,

I'm glad you are enjoying your Borla exhaust finally....:D

Thanks! I love it, it's a little louder than I thought it was going to be but I don't care, lol.

Definitely has that genuine rumble that Borla is known for. In fact, when I heard it start up with that exhaust after it was installed... I almost j***ed myself. It's THAT nice! :D

BravoZero
06-29-2011, 04:13 PM
have you ever ,wonder how sum eclipse 09 wheels would look on that car .and the fit is perfect 18x8

I thought about it but the OEM Eclipse wheels are heavy as hell, and I want 18x8.5's, they fit the 245 tires better.

GAbOS
06-29-2011, 05:06 PM
You should have no issues with 245 on an 8" wheel, unless you are wanting the wheel to be flush or poke out wider than the tire. my 245's lean over the edge of my 8" rim ever so slightly. That all depends on the tire too. Some tires have wider tread patterns than others of the same size.

BravoZero
06-29-2011, 06:07 PM
You should have no issues with 245 on an 8" wheel, unless you are wanting the wheel to be flush or poke out wider than the tire. my 245's lean over the edge of my 8" rim ever so slightly. That all depends on the tire too. Some tires have wider tread patterns than others of the same size.

True, I'm not a fan of having a tire hang over the rim of the wheel unless it's a truck or SUV. Otherwise, I like them to be at least flush, and as you say it all depends on the manufacturer since the tread patterns are different.

BravoZero
07-06-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm now thinking of getting a set of wheels, the same 18x8.5 with 44 offset, but getting 235/40-18 tires instead. I thought about it, and I don't really NEED 245's. Plus, having 235's instead might work a little better with rear fitment. I don't ever plan on taking this car to the track so I don't really need the extra width on the tires.

Thoughts?

GAbOS
07-06-2011, 10:38 AM
I guess it really depends on the stance of the car. I've got some good photos in my gallery of mine with 245's. i have +35's so your +44's would be a little easier to fit under the rear fenders than mine was/is.

17x8 +35 245

BravoZero
07-06-2011, 10:52 AM
I guess it really depends on the stance of the car. I've got some good photos in my gallery of mine with 245's. i have +35's so your +44's would be a little easier to fit under the rear fenders than mine was/is.

17x8 +35 245

That's one of the reasons I'm keeping my coilovers, so that I can adjust the height low enough for taste but high enough so that it won't rub the tires. In other words, easier to balance the two than just springs.

I'm not completely concerned with how flush the wheels are with the fender since the rears will sit at a decent negative camber anyway.

BravoZero
07-19-2011, 02:15 PM
So, I've been working with the vendor that sold me the BC coilovers and he was informed by his source that BC had switched the spring rates on the Lancer BR coilovers from 8k front and 6k rear, to 6k front and 4k rear, because there were customers that were complaining about the harsh ride for everyday driving.

I explained to him that I was disappointed to get these coilovers with the lower spring rates and wish they would have confirmed this before I bought them. However, he let me know today that BC will work with me as I was one of the first customers to get the new spring rates, and they will swap out for new 8k/6k springs, I just pay for shipping. This is actually good because I would have liked to get new springs on those coilovers before I get new wheels and tires soon, so when everything is said and done I'll have the new springs installed and have a much firmer, sportier ride.

On another note, I've already gotten a quote for new wheels with 235/40-18 tires mounted, balanced and new TPMS installed on each wheel. All I need to do is send the order, so I'm excited!

Exyia
07-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Don't let forum idiots (mostly evom, not here lol) tell you 245 is too wide. I'm lowered a little too much but I don't have any rubbing issues at all on 245's with X bbs wheels

up to you really

good to hear about the coilovers though. hope shipping isn't too much since BC is overseas. my BC RAM's were dropshipped straight to my doorstep since they're made by individual order

jay10ralliart
07-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Im lowered on the Eibach Pro Kit with 18x8.75 +35 wheels on 245/40/18 tires and have a minor rear fender roll and rub only on big bumps or drops in the road. You should be fine with a large rear fender roll.

BravoZero
07-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Had a couple of items installed today. Now, I originally was going to go with a new set of wheels and tires, but the wheels I wanted were on backorder and both shops I wanted to take the car to were booked today as well. As of today until August 7, I'm on vacation break, and I wanted to treat myself to a new mod for the car since this summer has been crazy, so I went with plan B instead.

I had a brand new Kenwood DNX-9980HD nav unit installed with the Scosche dash kit. The fitment of the Scosche isn't perfect, but it can be touched up a bit to make it look perfect. The Kenwood is fully loaded and I'm very pleased with it.

The second thing is a new OEM Ralliart aluminum shift knob that replaced the boring black round leather shift knob. It looks great and matches the car color almost perfectly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/car%20pics/2011-07-29163622.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/car%20pics/2011-07-29163606.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/car%20pics/2011-07-29170203.jpg

BravoZero
08-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Today was my last day off during my company's summer hours, so I decided to take advantage of it by... working on my Ralliart of course!

As you can see in the pics in my previous post, the Scosche dash kit had a little gap in top right half of the kit, and it annoyed me since the day I had the Kenwood installed. So, I managed to fix it along with removing the Sirius module from the car as well. Looks much better, the other very minor gaps don't bother me nearly as much and I can live it it now, as I'm not spending $250 for the JDM dash kit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/2011-08-12145909.jpg

I've mentioned this before, but I finally got around to removing the spare tire, jack and tire iron from my car since I personally think it's stupid to have a spare tire on an AWD car. I have a kit that I've put in it's place that contains a tire repair kit and a can of Fix-A-Flat that should get me by until I can get into a shop and replace the tire. I also noticed that the storage styrofoam storage compartments were removable, so I did just that. In the first pic below, you'll see where the jack was placed in the lower right corner and that metal piece had to be bent. Did this with a rubber mallet and applied some sealant to the bend as the paint was chipping away so it won't rust. After removing everything from the trunk, I am quite satisfied with how it looks and the fact of removing some weight and having more storage space. I kept the press board shelf that went over the spare tire and put the carpeting back in, now it looks like the trunk of a regular Lancer. If anyone wants any of these parts let me know, otherwise it's going to be trashed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/2011-08-12143640.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/2011-08-12144537.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/2011-08-12145727.jpg

Exyia
08-12-2011, 02:55 PM
I wish the tar under the spare was easily removable - it's another 20lbs or so. but I emptied the trunk while messing with my coilover install and didn't bother to put them back in since it was so annoying. I need to find a way to make the trunk flat again though. the padding against the walls I don't really care for

did you drill holes for your damper adjuster? I ran it all the way to the top, but it's annoying because it's barely long enough and harder to use up there

BravoZero
08-12-2011, 03:26 PM
I wish the tar under the spare was easily removable - it's another 20lbs or so. but I emptied the trunk while messing with my coilover install and didn't bother to put them back in since it was so annoying. I need to find a way to make the trunk flat again though. the padding against the walls I don't really care for

did you drill holes for your damper adjuster? I ran it all the way to the top, but it's annoying because it's barely long enough and harder to use up there

That layer of tar stuff weighs about 20 pounds? Interesting... Might have to find a way to remove it.

To be honest, a shop installed everything so I would imagine they drilled whatever holes necessary to run the extenders to the trunk. I don't mind them being there, but I would like to find a way to secure them to the carpeted padding and not have them just dangle there.

razorlab
08-12-2011, 04:06 PM
I wish the tar under the spare was easily removable - it's another 20lbs or so.

LOL. That's maybe 1lb, if that.

BravoZero
08-12-2011, 04:49 PM

That's what I thought, lol. Either way I'd like to remove it and place some dynamat or other sound deadening material there.

BravoZero
09-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Just hit the 10k mark this morning going to work. Kinda depressing... :(

Exyia
09-08-2011, 02:08 PM

LOL my bad, typo. meant 2, as in 2.0lbs :p I'm weird and use the numpad to type numbers, and fat finger sometimes

it's just pointless weight though, which is why it annoys me. all the sound dedeaning in the trunk doesn't do shit imo - had it all out after I installed coils and didn't notice a difference at all. hell, it made the trunk bigger

BravoZero
10-01-2011, 05:21 AM
Anyone know of an effective method of touching up a nice scratch?

Long story short, last weekend my gf and me bought a pet and I went to put the cage in my back seat... hit the car and made a nice 3/4 inch scratch that took the paint off. I almost wanted to cry.

wwralliart77
10-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Only "effective" way is going to be professionally done. They have touch up kits, but the paint almost never matches and you can easily see where the touch up was done; looks like a colored piece of tape was placed over the scratch. I say your best bet is to see if someone can lightly air brush the spot to blend the paint back in to cover up the scratch.

BravoZero
10-01-2011, 04:28 PM
I have a few other places I'd like redone as well, but none are as bad. That's kind of why I chose silver... most neutral color and hides scratches very well. Yes, I am ODC about scratches, lol.

GAbOS
10-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Is it me or does no one paint a car like they used to. I live in the desert and there's just no way to get around chips in the strangest spots. This paint is thin!!

BravoZero
10-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Is it me or does no one paint a car like they used to. I live in the desert and there's just no way to get around chips in the strangest spots. This paint is thin!!

Mitsu paint has always been cheap and crappy. The best factory paint job I've ever seen was on my '97 F-150. You could tell it had a thick coat of paint and a nice clearcoat. I beat the hell out of it and not once did I have a major scratch or chip, even with that part of the body dented or damaged.

But sadly, all of the manufacturers are going with "greener" paint that's more water based, thus creating thinner crappier paint.

BravoZero
10-01-2011, 07:15 PM
I'm probably removing the Kenwood unit out of my car tomorrow with all of the added accessories and putting the stock unit back in. I've come to realize that, despite this being an awesome audio receiver, it was a waste as I don't use any of the features and I don't need a GPS. Impulse purchase, to say the least...

So just a heads up if anyone might be interested in upgrading to a DVD nav receiver, I'll have one available with all of the factory parts, the Scosche din kit, and the adapter that enables the use of the steering wheel controls (PAX maybe?)

MTZL
10-01-2011, 08:01 PM
^bummer... :(
GLW the resale Bravo.

BravoZero
10-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Well... if it's not one thing, it's another.

Guess the Kenwood is here to stay, or any aftermarket unit in fact. They complicated the wiring so much that I don't want to touch it. The PAC system has shit running all over the place and they placed the microphone wiring so awkwardly that I'd have to tear apart a lot just to get to it. Goddammit.

So, I will revise my last post and say if anyone wants a factory single disc non-RF head unit, let me know.

Jackal, I know you've had issues with yours in the past so I dunno if you'd be interested in it at all.

BravoZero
10-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Next *unexpected* mod arrived today, will install tomorrow when it isn't friggin' raining, lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/DSCN2011.jpg

mitsuXtwo
10-19-2011, 08:32 PM
What is it ¿

BravoZero
10-19-2011, 08:43 PM
6000k HID's.

MTZL
10-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Thats what I had in mind 6k.
I found a set at local store for 60$ online for 40$.
Maybe when my bulb go out.

How much did that kit set you back?

Plz post a pic of the color/light output.

BravoZero
10-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Ha, installed the kit, absolute garbage. One bulb is brighter than the other, and one of the ballasts kept flickering. I adjusted everything multiple times but the same two parts kept malfunctioning. Sending this crap back for a refund, Silverstar bulbs going back in.

E46byeRAhi
10-20-2011, 06:26 PM
i have a set of halogens lamps for sale if you'd like to hack them up and install projectors :D. silverstars are great though, i was running them before projectors and they were much better output color than OEM (they were more white, less yellow)

mitsuXtwo
10-21-2011, 04:16 PM
6000k HID's.

Thanx. «no:pob.

BravoZero
11-07-2011, 02:38 PM
It's come down to that time where I need to make a decision on what wheels and tires I want. I had a difficult time with the stock Yoko's in less than two inches of snow last year even with Snow mode, so I'm not going into the winter season with stock summer tires.

I've already decided to go with 235/40-18 Continental DWS tires. So... as of right now, for cost effective reasons, it's come down to two wheels.

Bremmer Kraft BR05's in black w/machined lip
http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/bremmer_kraft/swap/bremmer_br05_bml_ci3_l.jpg

Moda MD11 machined face with black
http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/moda/swap/moda_md11_mba_ci3_l.jpg

Honestly, I've seen both on different cars and I can't decide. Both are 18x8's, same offset and everything.

Mkid
11-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Do you have pics of those wheels with the offset you are thinking of? Offset makes a huge difference to the concaveness (is that a real word? lol) of the wheel. I doubt they will look like those stock photos you have there.

BravoZero
11-07-2011, 03:09 PM
They're both 45 offset, the backspace is pretty much the same.

Mkid
11-08-2011, 07:40 AM
a +45 offset is going to look flat faced so keep that in mind.

I'm not a fan of wheels with machined faces so I'm going to have to go with the BR05's

BravoZero
11-18-2011, 05:42 PM
New wheels and tires installed today, will post pics tomorrow after getting some daytime shots.

BravoZero
11-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Here they are... Bremmer Kraft BR05 wheels in black, 18x8 et45. Continental DWS tires, 235/40-18. I haven't shined the tires yet, I'm waiting until I break them in a bit first.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/car%20pics/DSCN2037.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/car%20pics/DSCN2039.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/car%20pics/DSCN2042.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/car%20pics/DSCN2047.jpg

GAbOS
11-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Looks great!!

sstevojr
11-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Good looking wheels!

xwxspawnxwx
11-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Nice new Shoes!

BravoZero
11-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks guys!

BravoZero
12-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Just a little update.

I've reverted my car back to the stock map and OEM boost pill, after my little incident the other night with the boost pill being installed backwards and my car overboosting, I'm really concerned about not being able to monitor everything as I'm driving. So the car will stay stock with the exception of the K&N filter and the Borla. I'm going to focus on gathering all of the gauges, sensors and information I need and getting them installed. Then I'll go back to flashing a basemap later on to test it. My original idea for having the Kenwood unit and using it for digital gauges has somewhat failed since it's not easy to do, so I'd rather have physical gauges mounted in the car. Which also means I'll be trying to remove the Kenwood from the car and going back to the stock radio, again.

WickedWhiteRA
12-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Hey Bravo how do you like the Borla exhaust ? I had Borla Stingers on my Vette and LOVED them. It's hard to tell from the videos but they do sound pretty nice and deep. Do you get any drone at highway cruising speeds ?

BravoZero
12-02-2011, 05:45 AM
The only little bit of drone I get is right before boost, at about 2200-2400 RPM on heavy throttle, but otherwise it's nice and deep-toned like all other Borla systems. Very nice growl that doesn't make it seem like a 4 cylinder engine.

WickedWhiteRA
12-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Cool, thanks.

BravoZero
12-04-2011, 01:04 AM
No problem!

DEEZ8
12-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Awesome car! I came from a 2003 eclipse GTS

BravoZero
12-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Thanks man! Love this car, I loved my 2002 Eclipse GT as well.

BravoZero
12-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Update.

I removed the Kenwood system from the car today, back to the stock head unit and FUSE system. I'll have the Kenwood, the Scosche dash kit and the PAC steering wheel adapter up for sale here shortly.

Drew
12-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Update.

I removed the Kenwood system from the car today, back to the stock head unit and FUSE system. I'll have the Kenwood, the Scosche dash kit and the PAC steering wheel adapter up for sale here shortly.

How much for the dashkit? PM or text me if you still have my number....

BravoZero
12-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Teaser of my current project...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/IMAG0032.jpg

;)

BravoZero
12-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Picked up an OEM EvoX FMIC and complete piping today for $200, everything's in great shape. Should be installed in a couple of weeks when I get a chance.

mTEV
12-22-2011, 01:40 AM
Nice! Cars coming along reaaaaaaaal nice!

BravoZero
12-22-2011, 06:16 AM
Nice! Cars coming along reaaaaaaaal nice!

Lol, thanks man. How are the Swift's holding up?

MTZL
12-22-2011, 10:42 AM
how much did you pay for that viliv tablet?

BravoZero
12-22-2011, 10:49 AM
how much did you pay for that viliv tablet?

Snagged it from fleabay for $250 shipped. Has a couple of minor scratches on the right side of the screen that doesn't bother me, and the body does have some normal wear but nothing bad and nothing broken. Everything works great and it's actually faster than my Win7 netbook was. I loaded XP Pro SP3, and it has the original 64GB HDD. Thinking about finding a nice SSD to install, improving the speed of it even more.

MTZL
12-22-2011, 11:00 AM
I've been missing my tablet since my last HP convertible laptop/tablet died.
I have a cheesy wacom without display which is not portable enough.

Are you evoscan-ing with that thing? Looks like it will fit in the glove box just fine. :cool:

BravoZero
12-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Are you evoscan-ing with that thing? Looks like it will fit in the glove box just fine. :cool:

Indeed, I originally bought it for displaying digital gauges in EvoScan, but things have changed and it's now my dedicated mobile car computer, for logging and flashing. Plus I can travel with it if need be.

BravoZero
12-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Well folks, I hate typing this...

I think it's time to start looking for a new car. I can't afford to own the Ralliart anymore, the crappy MPG and cost of premium is hurting my wallet, and the fear of having the SST die on me (I don't have $10k to replace it if Mitsu denies warranty) or the timing chain becoming stretched without me knowing is more than I want. I'm already starting to get a weird shifting for the past week. Not to mention, the long term cost of ownership on a turbo'ed car is kinda high, and I don't make a lot of money... goddamn economy and lack of decent jobs.

I'm still determining whether or not I want to stay with a Mitsubishi since it would be easier for me trade the RA in for another one, or just go with a different manufacturer all together. I still want something sporty but good on gas. Doesn't have to be powerful either because, to be honest, I don't need nor do I really have the open space to really push the car. It would be different if I lived in, say, Arizona or somewhere open where I can really test the car's limits. Northern VA sucks if you have a powerful/fast car.

I will begin reverting the car back to stock very soon, luckily my father still has my OEM exhaust. Just need to find an OEM suspension setup. So if anyone is interested in the aftermarket parts I have, look for a FS thread soon.

p1llar
12-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Thats brutal man!!

I've got springs, struts and mounts out of my '11 RA. About 2,000 miles on them.

Trade + cash for your BC coils in spring? I'd also be interested in the Cobb AP if you still have it, maybe work something out for oem suspension?

PM if you'd like.

BravoZero
12-27-2011, 11:10 AM
The Cobb was sold.

I'm actually looking to get all of this done as soon as I can, and I really don't want to have to ship anything.

BravoZero
12-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Ugh, then I drive home this evening later than normal because of my new shift this week with a lot less traffic, and I can open her up more on the road. Then I start thinking of how much fun she is to drive.

Drew
12-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Ugh, then I drive home this evening later than normal because of my new shift this week with a lot less traffic, and I can open her up more on the road. Then I start thinking of how much fun she is to drive.

You have to enjoy the drive. I commute on the same roads you do and THOROUGHLY enjoy the RA :D:D:D:D

BravoZero
01-07-2012, 08:51 PM
I will be retrieving my OEM exhaust tomorrow from my parent's house and it will be reinstalled on Wednesday, so my Borla will be for sale shortly after that. If anyone in the VA/MD/DC/WV area wants a Borla catback system for their Ralliart, let me know. I REALLY don't want to ship it, the shipping costs would be outrageous and I don't have a box big enough. And I'll open this up to anyone that's in driving distance if they want it, like NJ for example.

Also, if anyone still has their complete OEM suspension, please let me know as I need a set, I never did get my passenger side stuff back from NFSLancerRA. I also have an EvoX intercooler and stock X UICP and LICP with the couplings, if anyone is interested. I'll post an official FS thread maybe next week, but I just thought I'd throw these out there for anyone local.

WickedWhiteRA
01-08-2012, 01:10 PM
That sucks bro. Sorry to hear it. Hope it all works out.

Insane11RA
01-08-2012, 03:30 PM
I've been busy with work, what's going on with your car? Let me know if you need anything.

Jet

BravoZero
01-08-2012, 06:12 PM
That sucks bro. Sorry to hear it. Hope it all works out.

Thanks, I do too. It's one of those things where you're put in a situation like this, yet once you get behind the wheel and start driving, you remember how much fun it is to drive it. As mentioned in my previous post, I was supposed to get my OEM exhaust from my parents house today. I just got back home from visiting them, and I didn't bring it with me. I did forget, but I'm wondering if I consciously "forgot" it on purpose.

I've been busy with work, what's going on with your car? Let me know if you need anything.

Jet

Thanks man, life's been busy as well. I was actually going to hit you up today via text, didn't have a chance.

MTZL
01-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Im sad to see you have to get rid of your RA.

Newer Ford Focus 40mpg. 0% APR. ;) Not mustang. 2dr insurance will kill you.

BravoZero
01-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Ha, I keep eyeing this 2003 Mustang Mach I in Frederick, MD. 4.6L DOHC V8 from the SVT Cobra, without the supercharger. 5 speed, white, low mileage... ugh. But I know I can't afford it. I might get an old Foxbody 5.0 later down the road as a project.

I'm going to chat with a guy I know at the local Mitsubishi dealership today in regards to my situation and see what he could do for me. Maybe trade it in for a 2011 GTS 5speed, I friggin' hate CVT.

MTZL
01-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Thats a money pit.

GTS is a good idea. How much do you still owe?

BravoZero
01-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Thats a money pit.

GTS is a good idea. How much do you still owe?

About $21k.

MTZL
01-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Base lancer can be had for around 10-12k.
I have a sneaking suspicion that they wont take the car back for 21k you owe.
Do you have gap coverage on your insurance?

Exyia
01-09-2012, 08:01 PM
About $21k.

I don't see how you'll turn out ahead in any way from a trade-in with that much owed

I understand your thinking/remorse with your current situation, but please just do NOT do it. You will lose so much money in financing unless you trade to a bottom-of-the-barrel car (in which I think you lose anyway). The US credit system is a total bitch - don't let it control you anymore than it already does right now. Focus on getting it paid off and/or sold to pay off

When I was a full-time salesman, I facepalmed when I saw people do this. Yeah their payment went down, but their term was re-extended, they owed MORE to pay off, money was thrown away from depreciation, and more thrown away as down-payment to cover it

just don't do it. enjoy what you have and I'm sure one day, reality will slap your hopes up and you'll both manage and get to keep/enjoy the car ;)

BravoZero
01-09-2012, 09:16 PM
I don't see how you'll turn out ahead in any way from a trade-in with that much owed

I understand your thinking/remorse with your current situation, but please just do NOT do it. You will lose so much money in financing unless you trade to a bottom-of-the-barrel car (in which I think you lose anyway). The US credit system is a total bitch - don't let it control you anymore than it already does right now. Focus on getting it paid off and/or sold to pay off

When I was a full-time salesman, I facepalmed when I saw people do this. Yeah their payment went down, but their term was re-extended, they owed MORE to pay off, money was thrown away from depreciation, and more thrown away as down-payment to cover it

just don't do it. enjoy what you have and I'm sure one day, reality will slap your hopes up and you'll both manage and get to keep/enjoy the car ;)

I was just about to reply in this thread about EXACTLY what you had mentioned.

I spoke to a friend of mine at the local Mitsubishi dealership about trading in my '11 RA for a '11 GTS. After working some numbers, we came to the conclusion that because of how much I owed on my loan, and how long I've owned the vehicle, plus my current credit score which has dropped because of the $27k loan when I bought the car... I won't be able to get anything on the lot under 3.9% APR for 60 months even though I currently finance a vehicle through Mitsubishi. The trade in value is estimated at about $19,500 and with a loan amount still at around $21-22k, plus the fees on the new GTS, I would be anywhere between $3k and 4k UPSIDE DOWN. That's a huge hit to my credit and is something I absolutely can't do.

I've had the car almost a year now, and I'm currently at about 14,200 miles and the car had about a 200 mile head-start, so really I'm just getting to 14k miles on my own. On average, I am driving the car between 12,000 and 15,000 miles per year, and since I'm moving this coming summer, my commute to work will be cut in half at least, so that will really help with keeping miles off. At this rate, as long as I don't take any huge trips, like to Florida and back, I can still stay within my powertrain warranty when my loan is paid off, if I recall. Five years, 60k right? I plan on trying to cut as many costs as possible out of monthly bills, and might use those savings towards making higher car payments per month, so I can try to pay the car off quicker. Once the car is paid off, then it will be easy to get rid of it.

Until then, seems like I'm stuck with her. Guess I'll make the best of it!

Exyia
01-10-2012, 12:18 AM
I was just about to reply in this thread about EXACTLY what you had mentioned.

I spoke to a friend of mine at the local Mitsubishi dealership about trading in my '11 RA for a '11 GTS. After working some numbers, we came to the conclusion that because of how much I owed on my loan, and how long I've owned the vehicle, plus my current credit score which has dropped because of the $27k loan when I bought the car... I won't be able to get anything on the lot under 3.9% APR for 60 months even though I currently finance a vehicle through Mitsubishi. The trade in value is estimated at about $19,500 and with a loan amount still at around $21-22k, plus the fees on the new GTS, I would be anywhere between $3k and 4k UPSIDE DOWN. That's a huge hit to my credit and is something I absolutely can't do.

I've had the car almost a year now, and I'm currently at about 14,200 miles and the car had about a 200 mile head-start, so really I'm just getting to 14k miles on my own. On average, I am driving the car between 12,000 and 15,000 miles per year, and since I'm moving this coming summer, my commute to work will be cut in half at least, so that will really help with keeping miles off. At this rate, as long as I don't take any huge trips, like to Florida and back, I can still stay within my powertrain warranty when my loan is paid off, if I recall. Five years, 60k right? I plan on trying to cut as many costs as possible out of monthly bills, and might use those savings towards making higher car payments per month, so I can try to pay the car off quicker. Once the car is paid off, then it will be easy to get rid of it.

Until then, seems like I'm stuck with her. Guess I'll make the best of it!

even if you could swallow the $3k-$4k downpayment to eat the negative equity, that GTS will depreciate SOOOOOOOOOOO fast you'll end up even worse off. any lancer below an RA depreciated like crazy

there's a reason why they use the term "sign your life away". credit system can really own you sometimes. only thing you can do it make the best of it ;)

mTEV
01-10-2012, 02:36 AM
Sorry to hear man.. I haven't been on these forums for awhile.
Hate to see you leave the mitsu fam. I Hope all goes well for you.

BravoZero
01-10-2012, 06:52 AM
even if you could swallow the $3k-$4k downpayment to eat the negative equity, that GTS will depreciate SOOOOOOOOOOO fast you'll end up even worse off. any lancer below an RA depreciated like crazy

there's a reason why they use the term "sign your life away". credit system can really own you sometimes. only thing you can do it make the best of it ;)

Very true, and I never looked at things in that way. I made a HUGE mistake when I traded in my '02 Eclipse GT, I still had about $4k left on my loan for it. Traded it in for my '06 Subaru Legacy and flipped upside down a few thousand bucks, but luckily when it was totaled the entire loan was paid off.

So what I'm going to do instead is find a cheap early 90's beater Honda or something as a commuter car for normal days, and drive the RA for my own enjoyment and to work on days with bad weather. Cheap insurance, good gas mileage, can be paid off quickly, saving miles and gas on the RA... win win to me. I'll do a little more research before committing to it though.

Sorry to hear man.. I haven't been on these forums for awhile.
Hate to see you leave the mitsu fam. I Hope all goes well for you.

Looks like I'm staying put, can't trade my car in without taking a huge financial hit.

WickedWhiteRA
01-10-2012, 09:22 AM
OK I'll chime in since others have. I don't like telling people what to do or how to spend their money but a few things stand out. First I'm glad to hear about your decision to keep the RA.

I know it's hard not to get "mod fever" and start buying things for your car but if you don't have disposable income then don't do it. You threw a good chunk of money at your car that you didn't need to. A few cosmetic things are fine but the bigger stuff is a mistake. You could have been saving that money for expenses, insurance, gas etc.. Be happy with what you have, the RA is a really nice car as is. Take it as a lesson learned and go from there. Things might be tight but they will work out.

Don't take this as me talking down to you. Just trying to give you some friendly advice. I work in Chantilly, maybe I see you around some time. Just look for a white RA.

BravoZero
01-10-2012, 11:03 AM
OK I'll chime in since others have. I don't like telling people what to do or how to spend their money but a few things stand out. First I'm glad to hear about your decision to keep the RA.

I know it's hard not to get "mod fever" and start buying things for your car but if you don't have disposable income then don't do it. You threw a good chunk of money at your car that you didn't need to. A few cosmetic things are fine but the bigger stuff is a mistake. You could have been saving that money for expenses, insurance, gas etc.. Be happy with what you have, the RA is a really nice car as is. Take it as a lesson learned and go from there. Things might be tight but they will work out.

Don't take this as me talking down to you. Just trying to give you some friendly advice. I work in Chantilly, maybe I see you around some time. Just look for a white RA.

Thanks man, I appreciate the advice. Unfortunately the most expensive stuff has already been installed on the car, and it would be stupid to revert those back to stock especially since I'd have to buy the OEM parts from someone, so that stuff will stay. Made that mistake, but it's already been done, and honestly I'm happy with how she looks and sounds.

I've started cutting extra stuff out of my monthly expenses, and I just filed my taxes already since I only have a single W2, and I'm getting about $850 back so that'll really help with my finances. I'm still selling my Rally Armor flaps as I need to get a rear camber kit for the car, otherwise I'm going to end up paying for new tires by the end of the year. I already have a full EvoX intercooler setup at home as well, and it won't cost me anything to install it.

In the end, I'm just going to be smarter about what I buy for the car. Like I said, the most expensive stuff is already purchased and installed, the rest I can save up for, little bits at a time. I plan on moving out of my shitty, overpriced apartment in June to a better, cheaper area... back to Loudoun County, fuck Fairfax County. I can find an apartment in Ashburn or Sterling for the same price or less than what I'm paying now, but much bigger and nicer, as well as being closer to my job as well as other places I need to go.

Thanks again to everyone for the advice and concern, I'm confident that things will turn around soon for the better, all while driving my nice RA! :D

MTZL
01-10-2012, 01:06 PM
that kinda of practice will help you with financial management in the future.
Good skill to acquire. Im glad you're working it out. :cool:

BravoZero
01-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks dude, me too. Just something about being depressed about money and whatnot, then getting in my car and drive to and from work that seems great.

Insane11RA
01-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Great news! Welcome back!

BravoZero
01-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Received my Whiteline rear camber kit today, now I can get my alignment dialed in perfectly all around. Should have it installed within the next couple of weeks.

Jackal
01-26-2012, 06:31 AM
Can you post the part number and aprox amount this kit costs as I am very interested as I it would really help when doing road racing events at the track.

BravoZero
01-26-2012, 07:03 AM
Whiteline rear camber kit for 08-11 Lancer inc. Ralliart: part number KCA329

This is where I bought mine from, got it shipped for about $95.
http://1xracing.com/whiteline/whiteline_alignment_kit/kca329/i-444458.aspx

The picture isn't accurate, just a standard photo. This is what it looks like:
http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KCA329&sans_vehicle=1

MTZL
01-26-2012, 10:46 AM
^Nice budget upgrade. :cool:
Thanks for posting the info.

Jackal
01-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Thanks Brave Zero, this will really help me from chewing through tires too quickly when clawing my way around the tighter corners of the race track.

BravoZero
01-27-2012, 06:13 AM
No worries. I'm getting those installed mostly because I'm very picky about suspension and steering being as perfect as possible, no fun driving a car with a bad alignment, as I do now. There's a 0.5 difference between the rear left and rear right wheels that's very noticeable with the wider tires over stock, plus my front is out AGAIN, so I'll knock two items out at the same time.

MTZL
01-27-2012, 10:51 AM
who installed your BCR coilovers?

BravoZero
01-27-2012, 11:03 AM
who installed your BCR coilovers?

Local shop called Mach V Motorsports in Sterling, VA. They specialize mostly in Subarus but do know the Mitsus quite well.

MTZL
01-27-2012, 01:59 PM
You should check your tire pressure even tire pressure all the way around.
Maybe rotate em to make sure you got even tread wear on all four.
Maybe you do more turning left or right direction.
Maybe you need corner balance.

BravoZero
01-27-2012, 02:14 PM
You should check your tire pressure even tire pressure all the way around.
Maybe rotate em to make sure you got even tread wear on all four.
Maybe you do more turning left or right direction.
Maybe you need corner balance.

I'm very OCD about tire pressure. Rotate them every other oil change, so between 5k-7k miles. Trust me, the alignment is definitely out.

MTZL
01-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Just double checking.

BravoZero
01-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Just double checking.

It's all good. I am going to have them double and triple check everything when they do the alignment including the ride height.

BravoZero
01-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Finally picked up a beater commuter car. Got a 1995 Honda Civic del Sol in red, auto, only 140k miles and it's in good shape. Engine is strong, the suspension is still firm for the age, seems to be pretty good on gas, but it definitely needs a tuneup as well as an alignment and wheel balancing. Got it for a little over $2000.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/car%20pics/IMAG0062.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/car%20pics/IMAG0061.jpg

This will help keep miles of the RA and allow me to do more projects with it, as well as saving money every week on gas alone. I'll still drive the RA on the weekends and to work only if I need to, like bad weather.

Insane11RA
01-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Very nice, time to do an integra swap !

Drew
01-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Very nice, time to do an integra swap !

Integra? That's "ok", but they make H22A kits for Del Sols :D

BravoZero
01-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Lol, this car won't be modded. The only thing I might do is upgrade the horrid audio in the car, it already has an Alpine CDE-102 head unit installed but the front speakers are blown and the rears are crap, stock of course. I won't put a sub or an amp in the car, no room.

This is strictly a commuter vehicle, my modding is for the Ralliart! ;)

MTZL
01-30-2012, 10:15 AM
I've always wanted to do Del Sol Civic with S2k Motor Front Engine/RWD would be a really fun car. :D Maybe one day...

Congrats on the pick up.

BravoZero
01-30-2012, 11:07 AM
I've always wanted to do Del Sol Civic with S2k Motor Front Engine/RWD would be a really fun car. :D Maybe one day...

Congrats on the pick up.

Thanks, I drove it to work this morning and it's EXTREMELY slow, hence "Honda Civic del Slow". But it seems to be good on gas so far, after I do a nice tuneup on it, gas mileage will improve.

Funny thing is... As I was pulling away from the apartment, I could have sworn Veronica was frowning at me for not driving her to work, lol.

BravoZero
01-31-2012, 09:02 PM
My AEM boost and UEGO wideband gauges arrived today, gotta get them installed soon. Still need to find a decent mounting solution for the gauges and have a bung welded in the OEM downpipe for now for the wideband sensor. Won't be upgrading the downpipe or cat yet, that's down the road.

Getting the rear camber kit installed tomorrow along with an alignment to dial everything in as perfect as possible. Also changing the oil and doing an alignment on the Civic so I can start driving it to work everyday. Busy day tomorrow...

Insane11RA
02-01-2012, 12:23 AM
We have the same gauges, still cant find a decent shop that will install it cheaper than 150 each. I have the A pillar, it matches everything well .

BravoZero
02-01-2012, 06:28 AM
We have the same gauges, still cant find a decent shop that will install it cheaper than 150 each. I have the A pillar, it matches everything well .

Which pillar exactly?

Insane11RA
02-01-2012, 06:39 AM
http://www.lancershop.com/customer/product.php?productid=2112&cat=22&bestseller=Y

Mkid
02-01-2012, 10:35 AM
omg, they lowered their prices. when I bought mine it was like $175. lucky... lol

BravoZero
02-01-2012, 01:27 PM
omg, they lowered their prices. when I bought mine it was like $175. lucky... lol

It's so cheap because of the crappy fitment from what I've read.

Insane11RA
02-01-2012, 05:40 PM
You can test fit mine before you buy, do you have a tactrix cable ? I need to flash to the new 2.7 map anyways.

BravoZero
02-01-2012, 07:34 PM
You can test fit mine before you buy, do you have a tactrix cable ? I need to flash to the new 2.7 map anyways.

I have a tactrix and a handheld computer. Let me know, I'm free Saturday but not Sunday.

Insane11RA
02-01-2012, 11:35 PM
okay i will be there by 9 am on Saturday.

Mkid
02-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Its not really a crappy fitment, its just a bit warped when you get it, nothing a bunch of double sided tape can't fix. My main issue with it is that it is really cheaply made. If it was decent stuff it wouldn't get warped in the first place. Its also glossier than the factory plastic which is lame. It was definitely not worth the $150 I paid for it, but the current price is reasonable I'd say.

BravoZero
02-02-2012, 11:20 AM
okay i will be there by 9 am on Saturday.

Jet, hit me up via text to verify this just in case, otherwise I'll be home.

BravoZero
02-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Its not really a crappy fitment, its just a bit warped when you get it, nothing a bunch of double sided tape can't fix. My main issue with it is that it is really cheaply made. If it was decent stuff it wouldn't get warped in the first place. Its also glossier than the factory plastic which is lame. It was definitely not worth the $150 I paid for it, but the current price is reasonable I'd say.

Maybe I'll consider it after looking at it, otherwise I'll have to figure something out.

Mkid
02-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Do you want some pics of mine?

BravoZero
02-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Do you want some pics of mine?

Sure, any ideas and/or pictures will help.

Mkid
02-03-2012, 12:16 PM
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180861_496837654354_508514354_6177123_7677638_n.jp g
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/168024_496837249354_508514354_6177118_4430965_n.jp g

Some old pics from when I was installing the gauges.

If you want me to take others at different angles or anything let me know. you can see the shine that I mentioned if you look at the crease between the first pod and the pillar.

MTZL
02-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Are those the ones that go over the stock pillar? if so = :thumbsdown:

Insane11RA
02-04-2012, 03:06 AM
It's a replacement actually, what don't you like about it? I prefer that over drilling a hole on my dash.

BravoZero
02-07-2012, 08:54 AM
I know I'm a few days late, but I've had my car for a year now, one year anniversary. Still running strong.

MTZL
02-07-2012, 09:56 AM
I'd always buy something for the car every year on its anniversary. :D
I even have the date in my MMCS, just in case I forget.
She might make me take a bus, if I dont bring her a gift on her bday & anniversary.

BravoZero
02-07-2012, 10:18 AM
I'd always buy something for the car every year on its anniversary. :D
I even have the date in my MMCS, just in case I forget.
She might make me take a bus, if I dont bring her a gift on her bday & anniversary.

Well I have two nice sets of gifts that are sitting in my apartment, pair of gauges and the EvoX intercooler setup. Just have to be a belated anniversary celebration I guess.

MTZL
02-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Nice. You should check out the pillar pod in person to decide if it really to your liking.

Replacement one are better than the stick on top of the existing pillars.

Drew
02-07-2012, 12:40 PM
I have a cup like this one, and at first I didn't think I would like it, but I'm glad I got it. I like the look of it. It's different than every other honda running around with water temp gauges on the a-pillar pods. The biggest benefit I see these having is that they have angular adjustment, and you can put it anywhere on the pillar that you want. Might want to look at them. People either like them or hate them.

http://www.excessiveracing.com/images/products/detail/2204_d.jpg

BravoZero
02-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Nice. You should check out the pillar pod in person to decide if it really to your liking.

Replacement one are better than the stick on top of the existing pillars.

True, and to be honest I'm up for any ideas at this point. I'd like to go with the CP-E dash option since they are located not even an hour from me up in Beltsville, MD. I might take a drive out there and see it in person, but the problem is I'm only 5' 7" and I don't like raising the seat level just to be able to see over the gauges.

I have a cup like this one, and at first I didn't think I would like it, but I'm glad I got it. I like the look of it. It's different than every other honda running around with water temp gauges on the a-pillar pods. The biggest benefit I see these having is that they have angular adjustment, and you can put it anywhere on the pillar that you want. Might want to look at them. People either like them or hate them.

Drew, can you post a pic of that installed in yours? I think I saw those at Mach V last week when I was getting my rear camber kit installed.

The only other option is to mount them on the sides of the instrument cluster, kind of the same setup as Ryan Gates has in his Evo, minus the gauges on the steering column. I can mount it on the side of the "hump" over the panel, or on the flat surface next to it.

Drew
02-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Drew, can you post a pic of that installed in yours? I think I saw those at Mach V last week when I was getting my rear camber kit installed.

The only other option is to mount them on the sides of the instrument cluster, kind of the same setup as Ryan Gates has in his Evo, minus the gauges on the steering column. I can mount it on the side of the "hump" over the panel, or on the flat surface next to it.

When I bought the cup from Mach V, where the arrows are in that pic are EXACTLY where I planned to mount it..lol. The problem was it just didn't flow right, and destructive drilling into the dash didn't flow too well with me. But the "bezel" that comes with that cup looks good and matches the instrument cluster pretty close. I'll post pics later.

BravoZero
02-08-2012, 03:49 PM
When I bought the cup from Mach V, where the arrows are in that pic are EXACTLY where I planned to mount it..lol. The problem was it just didn't flow right, and destructive drilling into the dash didn't flow too well with me. But the "bezel" that comes with that cup looks good and matches the instrument cluster pretty close. I'll post pics later.

Drew, did you happen to take a couple of pics of your gauge layout?

RalliArt-SST
02-13-2012, 10:43 PM
I love threads like this. Its awesome to see the hard work and effort that people put in to make their cars their own. Great work BravoZero, the car is looking awesome!

-Aaron

BravoZero
02-14-2012, 06:18 AM
Thanks dude. It's a work in progress now that it's no longer my daily driver, so expect more things to come in this thread.

RalliArt-SST
02-14-2012, 08:07 AM
Thanks dude. It's a work in progress now that it's no longer my daily driver, so expect more things to come in this thread.

Awesome! I'm subscribed and definitely looking forward to following the thread!

BravoZero
02-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Speaking of which... some updates.

When I bought the RA I planned on it being a DD and just planned on doing some minor modifications to it. Well being that gas prices are the way they are and I wanted to keep mileage off the RA, I did buy a beater to drive to work everyday, as mentioned in this thread. Since then, I've been revisiting different ideas and came to the conclusion that I want to go with more aggressive setups now, especially in power and the suspension.

The BC coilovers I got ended up having 6k front and 4k rear springrates, which is way too soft, but I accepted it when I drove the car everyday. Now I want to go with a different setup, something like a 8k front and 7k rear rate and upgrade the rear swaybars and endlinks, maybe replacing the front endlinks as well. Basically... I want this car to ride on rails. However, I'm debating on whether or not I should buy upgraded springs for the BC's or just buy a new set all together and be done with it, but then I'd have to have the new ones installed, set up and realigned and the whole nine yards. Basically, a lot of money.

The other thing is my decision about doing an X turbo swap in the future. This will be way down the road and not anytime soon. I would like to enjoy what I can out of the car as it is, so I will be getting an aftermarket downpipe and high flow cat, maybe a test pipe instead, dunno yet. I have boost and AFR widebands gauges that are waiting to be installed, I have an X intercooler setup waiting to be installed, I bought tinted turn signals and tinted film for the high mount brake light, still have to debadge the trunk, still debating on what to do about my front license plate setup... lots to do but not enough time or money.

As I mentioned, this car is very much a work in progress.

Ralliart26
02-14-2012, 10:31 AM
If you decide to go with different coils hit me up, I'll take those BC's off your hand... that'll make getting new coils much cheaper:D

BravoZero
02-14-2012, 10:38 AM
If you decide to go with different coils hit me up, I'll take those BC's off your hand... that'll make getting new coils much cheaper:D

PM me with a price you'd honestly offer, this is still a thought-in-progress. They have MAYBE 6-7k miles on them and never maxed out in dampening, never abused.

BravoZero
02-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Well after doing some research and number crunching, I've decided to stick with the coilovers I have and just upgrade the springs. Combine that with an upgraded rear swaybar, front and rear upgraded endlinks, and a nice set of sticky summer tires and I'll have the handling department completed. So which means in a few months I'll be selling my DWS tires if anyone might be interested. Keeping the wheels and putting new summer tires on them, then finding a cheap set of steelies for winter tires.

I'm also thinking about just going ahead and buying a HFC and DP just to have it, that way I have the freedom to install them whenever. I have the V2.7 TBE basemap on my computer, so it's just a matter of throwing those on, flashing the basemap and go.

This might be the year I buy and install the majority of the performance stuff for the Ralliart. I might as well take advantage of the 12 months, no interest on my new credit card right? :D

Ralliart26
02-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Aww damn I got all excited:o I'm excited too see the updates! I'm eventually going too buy a rear sway bar sometime this year too... I was a little confused if I needed end links to run the sway bar or could I run it without end links at first?

BravoZero
02-15-2012, 06:20 AM
You could and you'll definitely feel a difference, but it won't really "come alive" until you add upgraded endlinks.

BravoZero
02-17-2012, 08:29 AM
New Swift coilover springs have been purchased, decided to stick with 2k higher in the front and rears to be safe. So they've been upgraded to 8k fronts and 6k rears, I would have gone higher but I don't know of anyone around me that can revalve coilovers, so they'll have to do. They'll be installed soon.

Since it's supposed to be warmer tomorrow, I'm going to attempt to install the X intercooler setup. The only thing I'm concerned about is removing the front bumper cover, which I'm sure isn't that big of a deal. I just don't want to damage it, lol.

BravoZero
02-18-2012, 04:51 PM
EvoX intercooler setup installed. Had some slight fitment issues and the LICP was a pain in the ass. I got everything back together and found out I forgot to put the SST cooler air guide back on, so I had to rip it all apart again. Lol.

Overall I noticed better throttle response. I'll be getting a hard UICP in the future.

BravoZero
03-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Update on Veronica...

I ordered a UR short downpipe with the wideband bung pre-welded, and a Depo 200-cell HFC, both should be here in the next couple of days. I have an appointment at Moore Automotive in Fairfax, who was highly recommended by several Evo owners, to have both the DP and HFC installed, as well as the new Swift coilover springs and the AEM boost/AFR gauges. Going to be an expensive day, but it'll be well worth it. After retrieving the car, I'll reinstall the boost pill and flash the V2.7 basemap designed for a full turbo-back exhaust, should be fun!

On another note, I'm looking into replacing the DWS tires with a nice yet affordable summer tire. Anyone have suggestions? I don't want them to be super soft like the DWS, but I would like them to be able to handle some rain as well.

MTZL
03-06-2012, 10:14 AM
I got nankang for DD because they're cheap. last I ordered they're 99$ each.
Since it has higher tread wear & hard rubber. It does ok in the rain, doesnt like the gravel. It is not sticky by any means, which probably get a bit better mpg vs sticky tires. the pro & cons... Kinda noisy on the road because of harder rubber too. I dont mind it at all that nankang skid sooner but it teaches me skid control at lower speed. ;)

BravoZero
03-06-2012, 10:24 AM
I got nankang for DD because they're cheap. last I ordered they're 99$ each.
Since it has higher tread wear & hard rubber. It does ok in the rain, doesnt like the gravel. It is not sticky by any means, which probably get a bit better mpg vs sticky tires. the pro & cons... Kinda noisy on the road because of harder rubber too. I dont mind it at all that nankang skid sooner but it teaches me skid control at lower speed. ;)

The RA is no longer my DD, so I'm more open to summer tire options.

MTZL
03-06-2012, 10:32 AM
I think Nankang for the price will do ok for the summer.
After heating the nankang it is decent
last much longer then lower tread wear tires.

or most of my other evo friends enjoy the BF goodrich g-force KDWs
or Dunlop Direzza Starspec. but they're expensive & wont last.
I got a semi-bold direzza as a hand-me-down. Those tires were sticky.
I take corners like Im on the straights but only got to use em for 2 weeks & they were no-longer tires (more like steel cords) :D

Insane11RA
03-06-2012, 10:53 AM
What's the breakdown on moores charges? Gauge install? Btw depo hfc comes with a wideband bung.

BravoZero
03-06-2012, 11:11 AM
What's the breakdown on moores charges? Gauge install? Btw depo hfc comes with a wideband bung.

Better than Mach V's prices, and they know Evo's a lot better as well. I don't remember the total price for all of that done, though.

I'm having the wideband placed on the DP for better accuracy.

Drew
03-06-2012, 12:54 PM
On another note, I'm looking into replacing the DWS tires with a nice yet affordable summer tire. Anyone have suggestions? I don't want them to be super soft like the DWS, but I would like them to be able to handle some rain as well.

I have Achilles ATR sports on my car and I LOVE them. Can't beat them for the price. Most of the tire snobs will poo poo them because they are "cheap" tires, but they grip really well and do pretty good in the rain. Just google and you should find a ton of reviews on them. I like them alot. 1010 has them rated a good bit above the DWS. Might want to check them out. They are still all seasons too.

BravoZero
03-06-2012, 01:07 PM
I have Achilles ATR sports on my car and I LOVE them. Can't beat them for the price. Most of the tire snobs will poo poo them because they are "cheap" tires, but they grip really well and do pretty good in the rain. Just google and you should find a ton of reviews on them. I like them alot. 1010 has them rated a good bit above the DWS. Might want to check them out. They are still all seasons too.

Or will they be the "Achilles" heel of the car's handling???

:D

Insane11RA
03-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Hahaha! Good one, now get back to work!

BravoZero
03-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Hahaha! Good one, now get back to work!

http://cdn.head-fi.org/5/55/55077277_942-okay-meme.jpeg

BravoZero
03-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Had a good day for the Ralliart...

Swift coilover springs installed, now running 8k front and 6k rear with the fronts set at dampening setting 19, rears at setting 20. So far, the car handles SO much better, it actually stays more flat in the turns. The springs have to settle a bit, then I'll have a ride height adjustment and alignment done.

Depo high flow cat also installed with the wideband sensor installed. It seems to run a lot better, but it's also much louder now. Might have to look into making the exhaust more quiet.

AEM boost and AFR gauges also installed, temporarily sitting up on the dash until I can get a couple of gauge pods installed on the steering column.

Overall I'm happy with how everything went! :D

zeRep85
03-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Had a good day for the Ralliart...

Swift coilover springs installed, now running 8k front and 6k rear with the fronts set at dampening setting 19, rears at setting 20. So far, the car handles SO much better, it actually stays more flat in the turns. The springs have to settle a bit, then I'll have a ride height adjustment and alignment done.

Depo high flow cat also installed with the wideband sensor installed. It seems to run a lot better, but it's also much louder now. Might have to look into making the exhaust more quiet.

AEM boost and AFR gauges also installed, temporarily sitting up on the dash until I can get a couple of gauge pods installed on the steering column.

Overall I'm happy with how everything went! :D

Pics or it didnt happen ;)

zeRep

BravoZero
03-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Pics or it didnt happen ;)

zeRep

Oh I can post pics, stay tuned tomorrow evening :)

Frank120
03-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Hey what do you recommend for coil overs for me bc br or stance? and spring rate? 8k front 6k rear like you? i want my car lower than yours not much but lower than yours :D

BravoZero
03-15-2012, 05:02 AM
Hey what do you recommend for coil overs for me bc br or stance? and spring rate? 8k front 6k rear like you? i want my car lower than yours not much but lower than yours :D

Any decent coilovers will do, it all depends on the brand preferences. Since BC's are confirmed to work very well on the Ralliart, I'd go with BC. Get the non-inverted BR-series if you're not going to do any tracking with the car, go for the 8k/6k if it's a daily driver.

BC's are also great for lowering, they have a wide range of height adjustment as well.

Exyia
03-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Any decent coilovers will do, it all depends on the brand preferences. Since BC's are confirmed to work very well on the Ralliart, I'd go with BC. Get the non-inverted BR-series if you're not going to do any tracking with the car, go for the 8k/6k if it's a daily driver.

BC's are also great for lowering, they have a wide range of height adjustment as well.

I'd say you want even, if not stiffer spring rates in the REAR, not the front. I prefer to recommend same spring rates for most people

BravoZero
03-15-2012, 08:46 AM
I'd say you want even, if not stiffer spring rates in the REAR, not the front. I prefer to recommend same spring rates for most people

I wish I could. The default was 6k/4k, and with BC's I can go 2k higher, which leaves me with 8k/6k. If this doesn't work out, then I'll just get new coilovers.

Exyia
03-15-2012, 09:50 AM
I wish I could. The default was 6k/4k, and with BC's I can go 2k higher, which leaves me with 8k/6k. If this doesn't work out, then I'll just get new coilovers.

weird, BC let me pick whatever I wanted (picked 8/8) and "re-valved" to match it before shipping to me

I say "re-valve" though because I question BC's quality/work. But there's just not many options for the RA unfortunately :(

BravoZero
03-15-2012, 09:54 AM
weird, BC let me pick whatever I wanted (picked 8/8) and "re-valved" to match it before shipping to me

I say "re-valve" though because I question BC's quality/work. But there's just not many options for the RA unfortunately :(

It was part my fault, their default used to be 8/6, but apparently they changed it because since it's designed for the Lancer, they got complaints that it was "too harsh" for daily driving. Please....

So I never thought anything of it. By default, all of their coilovers are set to 6/4 except for special models, whatever that means. So if you order a set and want 12/10, they take those same coilovers, revalve them to match the custom spring rates, install those springs and ship them out.

GAbOS
03-15-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm not sure you would want the same rates front to rear or more in the rear. A rough spec for our cars is a 60/40 weight distribution, so you would want stiffer rates in the front to counter the extra weight.

MTZL
03-15-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm not sure you would want the same rates front to rear or more in the rear. A rough spec for our cars is a 60/40 weight distribution, so you would want stiffer rates in the front to counter the extra weight.

+1 unless one did some weight reduction for 50/50 weight ratio.

BravoZero
03-15-2012, 12:02 PM
Depends on the application though. There are advantages to using the same spring rate all the way around for certain things.

GAbOS
03-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Even if you had 50/50 distribution value, you will spend more time putting load on the front of the car than the rear. Braking and turn in will load double the Gee's than accelerating does. If this was for drag racing only, it's a different story entirely. Nascar is a great example. Positive camber on one side! But for closed circuit racing, you always want stiffer rates on the front.

Edit: Here's a real life example, with our Ralliart. Stock class in Solo allows me to upgrade a roll bar to either the front, or the rear of the car, but not both. Our cars push, as do most AWD cars with factory setups. You would assume that upgrading the rear ARB would be the smart choice, to dial out some of the understeer, but you would be wrong. Well, in most cases that is not a good idea. I will be upgrading the front. When the car does reach the limit and push, it may be more harsh of a let-go, but the speed and lateral Gee of that limit has vastly increased.

MTZL
03-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Even if you had 50/50 distribution value, you will spend more time putting load on the front of the car than the rear. Braking and turn in will load double the Gee's than accelerating does. If this was for drag racing only, it's a different story entirely. Nascar is a great example. Positive camber on one side! But for closed circuit racing, you always want stiffer rates on the front.

Edit: Here's a real life example, with our Ralliart. Stock class in Solo allows me to upgrade a roll bar to either the front, or the rear of the car, but not both. Our cars push, as do most AWD cars with factory setups. You would assume that upgrading the rear ARB would be the smart choice, to dial out some of the understeer, but you would be wrong. Well, in most cases that is not a good idea. I will be upgrading the front. When the car does reach the limit and push, it may be more harsh of a let-go, but the speed and lateral Gee of that limit has vastly increased.

+1 depends on how you want your RA to behave. I agree it need a bit more understeer. Because once you're going full throttle the car wants to rotate. Fronts always need understeer otherwise you'll have to back off the throttle so you dont spin out. In the end I rather have a balanced car so I can adjust my driving to it.

GAbOS
03-15-2012, 01:06 PM
True, and also depends on driving style. To dial in your "balance" from front to rear, you will want to adjust ARB's.

Here's a neat little matrix.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbarnett/SetupMatrix.html

Exyia
03-15-2012, 06:52 PM

suspension isn't that simple. there's way more to it than weight distribution

Andrew@GTWorx is my go-to buddy for setups and he made a post a while ago about this because so many people get it wrong:
http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-sponsored-tire-rack/400909-choosing-coilover-spring-rates-your-evo.html

and before you think "but that's Evo 8/9, it's not the same":
http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-sponsored-tire-rack/558881-evo-x-balance-spring-rate.html

the only problem I have with BC's is their valving quality is subpar, so you can't go too stiff on the rates (then again, I don't see too many RA owners getting the right tire to match it, so /shrug).

shameless plug; Andrew and the guys at GTWorx and Race Comp Engineering know their shit and helped me get the car just right
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57947

BravoZero
03-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Pictures as promised...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/IMAG0136.jpg

Rear spring
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/IMAG0138.jpg

Front spring
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/IMAG0139.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/sniper588/IMAG0142.jpg

I ran the car harder than normal this afternoon coming from work. The car backfires a lot more with the HFC, scared the crap out of people too, haha.

Insane11RA
03-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Looks good man, can't wait to see it in person. Let's get together at buds creek soon :thumbs up:

Update your sig btw.

BravoZero
03-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Hate to do this, but the Borla is coming off. After installing the Depo HFC, it's become so loud that not only is it giving me a headache on acceleration, I've been stopped by local police about it, luckily with just a warning. Told the officer that I had a hole in the muffler and I was on my way to get it repaired, which is complete crap but he bought it. I also wanted to go with a larger diameter exhaust, making it 3" all the way through. I found out that the Borla is 2.5" at the flange, necks up to 2.75" piping, back down to 2.5" for the muffler, and back up to 2.75" to the tips. Odd if you ask me.

I need something a lot quieter, so I ordered the UR catback with the resonator and mini muffler options, rolled tips as well... gives it the Borla look. Plus, even the resonator and mufflers have a 3" internal diameter, which is perfect. A local guy already claimed the Borla and put 50% down on it yesterday, once the exhaust is in his hands he'll give me the remaining 50%, which is fair. It's an odd situation where he's already "bought" the exhaust, but he can't have it yet, lol.

Pics will be posted once the UR exhaust is installed.

Oh, and I ordered two Autometer 52mm gauge pods, they'll be installed once they arrive.

Jackal
03-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Well I think your worries are now behind you, as I believe you will love the sound of your new UR exhaust without the excessive noise since you ordered both mini muffler and resonator. Put it this way no one is going to believe your car is stock not with the deep growl your car will be making.

BravoZero
03-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Well I think your worries are now behind you, as I believe you will love the sound of your new UR exhaust without the excessive noise since you ordered both mini muffler and resonator. Put it this way no one is going to believe your car is stock not with the deep growl your car will be making.

I hope so, it wasn't cheap at all. I wanted to sell the Borla for more than I did, but this guy was my friend and I cut him a good deal, he's wanted one since he heard mine but couldn't afford one brand new. It covers more than half the cost of the UR, so I'm fine with that. Plus I got free shipping, can't beat that either.

OverCorrupt
03-25-2012, 04:31 AM
Loving all the work you've been doing Bravo, Subscribed!

And now i need to start stalking you for all these great parts your selling without me knowing :p

Let me know how you like the UR w/ MM and res when you get it, seriously considering that!

BravoZero
03-25-2012, 07:30 AM
Loving all the work you've been doing Bravo, Subscribed!

And now i need to start stalking you for all these great parts your selling without me knowing :p

Let me know how you like the UR w/ MM and res when you get it, seriously considering that!

Absolutely. The main goal is to quiet the car down, while utilizing the 3" piping for a turbo swap in the future.

Unfortunately there's not much else that I can sell off the car, lol. Unless you want a set of Continental DWS 235/40-18 tires in the next few months. I'm swapping those out with a nice set of summer tires.

OverCorrupt
03-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Absolutely. The main goal is to quiet the car down, while utilizing the 3" piping for a turbo swap in the future.

Totally understand! The 3" is the main reasoning for my interest in it. Was gonna get magnaflow till you mentioned you had gotten pulled over w warnings w a HFC and magnaflow exhaust. I know that our area's cops aren't too friendly when it comes to exhaust. also finding out that it wasnt 3" all the way has swayed myself to the UR as well. Maybe ill see you around sometime and hear it b4 i pick it up too!

Unfortunately there's not much else that I can sell off the car

For now :p

I had one question for ya. I read that you went to a DIY shop in sterling. Where is it located and does it have a website? Also whats the pricing?

I recently stripped 2 bolts trying to swap my sisters brake pads on her Integra and need to grind em off or something. Do you think they got the tools for that? Plus it would be more convenient later when doing mods on my RA.