PDA

View Full Version : anybody local...

i_drivecode3
03-14-2011, 05:44 PM
to load a GST basemap for me onto my car? i'd like to get this done but i'm not really sure how to do it and i don't have all the stuff to do it. guess it'd be easier if i met up with someone for help. thanks.

MikeW-RRE
03-14-2011, 07:13 PM
I am up by the 5 and 605... 10 minutes north of Knott's Berry Farm. Just about any evening. No Charge.

(assuming "northbound, down, and around OC" means you are in Orange County, So Cal)

Mike W

i_drivecode3
03-16-2011, 03:15 AM
wow, thanks so much. i'm familiar with your shop i've been there numerous times when my buddy had an evo9.

ive been wanting to swing by anyways. most any evening you said? perhaps sometime this week possibly?

again. thanks.

i_drivecode3
03-17-2011, 05:11 PM
swung by the shop yesterday afternoon mike loaded the flash and we talked cars; answered my questions. and he gave me tour of the shop. definitely coming back after i get my FMIC on and save up for a tune.

BravoZero
03-17-2011, 05:18 PM
Awesome! I wish I lived near RRE or GST or any of those big name shops.

gaspipedreamer
03-17-2011, 05:24 PM
I am also around the same area, I have actually been to RRM next door.. Is there a possibility that you can load this up to mine as well? :D and I have a UR intake but I haven't put it on would I need a totally different map for that? If I do then ill install that intake later lol.

MikeW-RRE
03-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Yes I can load it for you.

Something about the way that Bryan @ GST says:

These are for a 100% Stock 2009 Lancer Ralliart!

and also the way he says:

What this is:

1. This is for a 100% stock 2009-2010 Lancer Ralliart, stock meaning stock pill, stock intake, stock exhaust, stock everything. (or a stock car with a GST upgraded boost pill and our BaseMap for it)

And that he also says:

What this is NOT:

2. Do not use on a RA with a aftermarket intake! Intakes need to be custom tuned with a wideband!

Makes me think that it is very important to use it on a car that is all stock and especially not with an aftermarket intake. But that is just my read on it. YMMV :-P

That said, I would prefer to never tune a RalliArt with a Filter On A Pipe Intake. Makes things messy for no gain in power.

Mike W

gaspipedreamer
03-18-2011, 09:08 AM
lol sounds understandable. I will wait to put the intake on when I start bringing in more upgrades. So evenings is the best time to come around? I get off work at 530 hopefully its not too late , I'll try to swing by some time next week. :D