PDA

View Full Version : Bill From Whitby

BeeGee
03-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Okay, seems I added my "newbie" stuff to someone else's thread. Sorry. Here goes. From Whitby, Ont, Canada, a few miles east of Toronto. Picked up my car today from Magnus Motorsports after getting some significant mods. Holy crap, this car is now F-A-S-T! They gave me a low boost tune (if 22.6 psi can be called low!). Waiting on a boost controller and then he will retune to 330 WHP!

Anyway, here's the list:
Eiback Pro Kit lowering springs
Cobb BPV
Force Performance "Green" twin scroll turbo
Evo X Exhaust manifold
Cold air intake (Magnus fabricated using AEM filter)
3-inch downpipe & midpipe w/high flow cat (Magnus fabricated)
IC w/2.75-inch pipes (Magnus fabricated)
dyno'd 298/305 WHP/WTQ

If any TO folk are interested in Magnus' work, they are on Keele St in Concord, a couple miles north of hwy 7.

Next on the mod list (after the boost controller) are the Whiteline front & rear adjustable anti-roll bars and either PVR Motorsports CF RA lip or the splitter for RA's found at Lancershop.com

BeeGee

BeeGee
03-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Oops, forgot to mention that Magnus is also working on fabricating a BBK that will work with the stock wheels. These will be done at the same time as the boost controller in a couple of weeks.

BeeGee

Ralliart23
03-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Okay, seems I added my "newbie" stuff to someone else's thread. Sorry. Here goes. From Whitby, Ont, Canada, a few miles east of Toronto. Picked up my car today from Magnus Motorsports after getting some significant mods. Holy crap, this car is now F-A-S-T! They gave me a low boost tune (if 22.6 psi can be called low!). Waiting on a boost controller and then he will retune to 330 WHP!

Anyway, here's the list:
Eiback Pro Kit lowering springs
Cobb BPV
Force Performance "Green" twin scroll turbo
Evo X Exhaust manifold
Cold air intake (Magnus fabricated using AEM filter)
3-inch downpipe & midpipe w/high flow cat (Magnus fabricated)
IC w/2.75-inch pipes (Magnus fabricated)
dyno'd 298/305 WHP/WTQ

If any TO folk are interested in Magnus' work, they are on Keele St in Concord, a couple miles north of hwy 7.

Next on the mod list (after the boost controller) are the Whiteline front & rear adjustable anti-roll bars and either PVR Motorsports CF RA lip or the splitter for RA's found at Lancershop.com

BeeGee

those are some great numbers. i live right by magnus and have heard of them multiple times but ive never been by to see the shop. how much was the exhaust mani and turbo? and do you know if they do cobb tunning there?

also post pics of your ride! love to see it.

BravoZero
03-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Awesome dude! I read the article about Magnus' Ralliart project and that's impressive work. PICS!!!!!

RalliNurse
03-16-2011, 11:16 AM
damn...those r good numbers. ..just becareful with ur tranny...unless u got upgrades...

MTZL
03-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Impressive! :cool:

BeeGee
03-16-2011, 01:25 PM
those are some great numbers. i live right by magnus and have heard of them multiple times but ive never been by to see the shop. how much was the exhaust mani and turbo? and do you know if they do cobb tunning there?

Yes, they do Cobb tuning. The even saved their map to my AccessPort.

I really can't say what the manifold or turbo cost as they were lumped together with other stuff but I would guess at $300-400 for the former and probably around $1500 for the turbo. I can ask next time I'm there in a couple weeks.

As for pics, well I'm waiting to get my summer wheels on (18x8) and the brakes and then I'll take some. The car got quite dirty in today's monsoon but am hoping to hand wash tomorrow if the weather forecast proves to be correct.

BeeGee
03-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Awesome dude! I read the article about Magnus' Ralliart project and that's impressive work. PICS!!!!!

That particular article inspired me to spend more money than I wanted to! :confused:

BeeGee
03-16-2011, 01:28 PM
I should also mention that Magnus' intercooler is about 2 1/2 times the size of the stock unit!!!:D

BravoZero
03-16-2011, 01:28 PM
That particular article inspired me to spend more money than I wanted to! :confused:

But... was it worth it in the end? :D

Insane11RA
03-16-2011, 09:51 PM
I dont get the fascination with FP turbos, shaft play anyone? Ever looked at a Blouch or maybe even an evo X turbo?
Welcome Bill!

rgwinn
03-16-2011, 09:55 PM
I had saved the info from the Magnus build, as kind of a benchmark:

Ralliart Magnus Edition
Engine Modifications Magnus Motorsports FMIC, 2.75" IC pipes, air-intake kit, 3" downpipe and mid-pipe, FP "Green" twin-scroll turbo, EVO X exhaust manifold and oil lines, JNZ tuning cooling lines
Wheels, Tires & Brakes Tenzo R 18" Monoblock wheels, 245/40R18 EPTYRES all-season tires, Magnus Motorsports front BBK (AP 4-piston calipers, 12.25" 2-piece rotors, custom hats and mounting brackets)
Numbers 335 whp and 300 wtq
Total Cost of Upgrades $7,000

Magnus Air Intake Kit for FP Turbo $300
FP Green Turbocharger $1,500
Magnus 3" Downpipe $400
Magnus 3" Mid-pipe $250
Magnus 2.75" Intercooler Pipe Kit $450
Magnus North/South Intercooler $1,000
Magnus Big Brake Kit $1,500
Tenzo R Wheels & Tires $1,200
OEM Parts $400 (oil lines, EVO X manifold, etc.)

BeeGee
03-17-2011, 04:30 AM
But... was it worth it in the end? :D
For me, yes; for others, maybe no. I kind of follow my own drummer.

BeeGee
03-17-2011, 04:31 AM
I dont get the fascination with FP turbos, shaft play anyone? Ever looked at a Blouch or maybe even an evo X turbo?
Welcome Bill!
Glad to be here! :)

BeeGee
03-17-2011, 02:34 PM

Great day in the Toronto area today so got to hand wash the RA for the first time five months, so here's some pics.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9156/dsc2264.jpg

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6967/dsc2263e.jpg

BeeGee
03-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Here's the dyno chart from the initial tune of my RA. Once everything is done, I'll post the final version, hopefully with the stock numbers, too.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5463/billra.png

BravoZero
03-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Very clean, and great numbers!

BeeGee
03-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Here's a couple pics of the engine bay. Don't know why the pics won't install in the message body so - hopefully - you can see them as attachments.

BravoZero
03-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Here's a couple pics of the engine bay. Don't know why the pics won't install in the message body so - hopefully - you can see them as attachments.

Nice and clean! They'll show up better if you host them from Photobucket or another picture hosting site.

BeeGee
03-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Nice and clean! They'll show up better if you host them from Photobucket or another picture hosting site.
That's what I did in my earlier posts using ImageShack. However, when I tried to do the same for my engine pictures, the 'Insert Image' icon was inserted into my message but, alas, no pic! Thus the attachment route! :(

BravoZero
03-22-2011, 03:33 PM
That's what I did in my earlier posts using ImageShack. However, when I tried to do the same for my engine pictures, the 'Insert Image' icon was inserted into my message but, alas, no pic! Thus the attachment route! :(

Hmm, interesting. Try using the URL of the picture on Imageshack and add in front of it and at the end of it. That should allow you to integrate the picture into the post without looking like an attachment. For example:

pictureURL

BeeGee
03-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Hmm, interesting. Try using the URL of the picture on Imageshack and add in front of it and at the end of it. That should allow you to integrate the picture into the post without looking like an attachment. For example:

pictureURL
Tried your suggestion, Bravo, but no luck. I'll try another site and see what happens.

BeeGee
03-22-2011, 04:41 PM

pictureURL
Alright! Looks like I got it to work with PhotoBucket!!! :) Here they are:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g391/bgotro22/DSC_2266.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g391/bgotro22/DSC_2265.jpg

BravoZero
03-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Alright! Looks like I got it to work with PhotoBucket!!! :) Here they are:

Nice, Photobucket FTW.