PDA

View Full Version : Rockford fosgate w/ Mutli communication system?

Dunno
03-17-2011, 11:32 AM
I've been reading that of the available options for the stock 09 ralliart was 9 speaker premium sound system (Rockford fosgate) its seemingly grouped in with the Recaro seat package. I can't find any mention of what the sound system is w/out that package, specifically if it's a Rockford. I have the Multi Communication nav and above it on the dash is Rockford Fosgate badge so I would think I have it but I know I don't have the 9 speakers and trunk woofer. The system sounds great and I guess that's all that matters but I'm wondering cause I don't know of any "lesser" Rockford system that was offered. Kinda think I might have a dummy badge or something. Also, There was no manual for the MCS so I'm learning that whole thing over time but is it normal not to be able to turn the volume past 45, or did the previous owner some how set a limiter setting? ...I'd like to change that, 45 with the windows down is almost not hearable. ...any imput is greatly appreciated, thanks.

MTZL
03-17-2011, 02:21 PM
So you dont have subwoofer in the trunk?

Jackal
03-17-2011, 05:26 PM
45 is Max volume! If this is not loud enough well check the amp etc..

Dunno
03-19-2011, 11:30 AM
So you dont have subwoofer in the trunk?

Nope no trunk woofer and one never was there. I only have 6 speakers, one on each lower door and one near the mirrors on the front doors. I did read ONE review that mentioned a 7 speaker system but other than that it was either 6 w/ "standard" sound system or 9 w/ perimum Rockford. I'm thinking that 7 review was just mistake and the writer thought the cell phone mic near rearview mirror was a speaker. ...but it seems my thought that the 6 speaker non Recaro option wouldn't be a Rockford is correct? ...any one else have the Rockford badge w/ nav and 6 speaker setup?

blkside
03-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Did you buy it new with the package? Someone may have just added the Navi at the dealer. My buddy has the Sound package with the RF but has only 6 speakers and no Navi. I have the package with Sub and everything else in my X.

sstevojr
03-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Sounds like the MMCS was added aftermarket. If I turn mine up to 25, I can't think cuz its so loud :P