PDA

View Full Version : Code P0171?

ralliartSAT
03-26-2011, 08:15 AM
So I got my car back from the dealer and the next day that code came up(P0171) I was wondering what that could mean or be I googled it and it gave me some look up. I checked and a screw that hooked from the intake 2 another hose that's underneath in the bak of the air box was lose I tighten it and it went away. And the engine light didn't come on again tell the next day when I gunned it a little hard then the light came on again so I assume it must be something else or theirs more stuff that Is lose. Anyhow the reason why I took it in is cuz I was hearing a crackling nosie just like many other ppl on hear where hearing and the dealer fixed it under warranty the part is the fly wheel adapter. If you have any putins or opinions that will be nice I just don't wanna take it back to the dealer unless I have too cuz they take for ever and I miss my car too much lol.

Thanks guys!!

MTZL
03-26-2011, 09:40 AM
P0171 System too lean

MikeW-RRE
03-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Somewhere the ECU is having to add more fuel via the furl trims than it has been programmed to think should be necessary. It does not mean that your car is about to blow up. If you have some kind of aftermarket intake it would be somewhat normal.

Check all your hoses and vacuum fittings. Pull off the plastic engine cover and have a good look at everything. It may just be the O2 sensor tripping. If your car is all stock, it is a warranty thing. Just go back Monday and tell them to check it out. P0171 is cause for concern, not cause for alarm.

Mike W

ralliartSAT
03-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Somewhere the ECU is having to add more fuel via the furl trims than it has been programmed to think should be necessary. It does not mean that your car is about to blow up. If you have some kind of aftermarket intake it would be somewhat normal.

Check all your hoses and vacuum fittings. Pull off the plastic engine cover and have a good look at everything. It may just be the O2 sensor tripping. If your car is all stock, it is a warranty thing. Just go back Monday and tell them to check it out. P0171 is cause for concern, not cause for alarm.

Mike W
thanks mike for the input. the only after market stuff i have done is UR down pipe and hfc with cobb AP. i took it to the dealer and before i took it in i never had that problem so i think they didnt tighten everything in.

Ralliart23
03-26-2011, 12:12 PM
thanks mike for the input. the only after market stuff i have done is UR down pipe and hfc with cobb AP. i took it to the dealer and before i took it in i never had that problem so i think they didnt tighten everything in.

you wouldnt happen to be running stage 2 on the AP would you?

ralliartSAT
03-26-2011, 01:06 PM
you wouldnt happen to be running stage 2 on the AP would you?

Yes I am. I wonder if it's bad lol. It says I need a turbo back exhaust with one high flow cat converter and I have the HFC lol. I'm just not hitting my boost peak probably cuz I have a leak or the stock bov can't handle the psi.