PDA

View Full Version : Tuning

Kev077
04-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Wanting to get a tune but dont know of any shops I trust around Charlotte NC. My question is about the AMS stage 0 mail in ecu flash. Just wanting a little extra power and also wanting to keep reliability especially with trans. I know a custom dyno tune is a lot better but has anyone had ams do the stage 0 tune. Not wanting any check engine lights, backfiring, or anything else to harm my car, just slightly more power. Let me know what my options are. Thanks..

Kev

MikeW-RRE
04-13-2011, 06:47 PM
I dont know any shops that far south. But for a mail in flash you can trust AMS. I think they even have a deal where they send you a laptop and cable to load it. For the price of a Tactrix cable ($200) however you can use Bryan's free base map. Add in $25 for the EVOScan logging program and you can start to learn what is going on in your ECU.

Crawl-walk-run. Buying a Tactrix cable and loading the Bryan/GST free base map is crawling. Logging gets you walking. Start to change things gets you running :-)

Mike W

Insane11RA
04-13-2011, 06:55 PM
So agree with that, I thought flashing was hard being i`m too old and stubborn to learn new things it`s really not that hard.
+1 for GST tune.

Kev077
04-24-2011, 04:18 PM
So i am guessing gst tune or ams would be my best bet. See some people on here having problems and wanting to go back to stock. Not wanting any problems from the tune. Just a little added power and response when I need it. Thanks everyone.

Kev

wolverineottawa
02-16-2012, 06:20 PM
These guys are in NC I have met them and they are a great bunch to deal with:

Their Tuner does go to the Charlotte area quite often, call email and they will get back to you.

http://force-fedperformance.com/contact-us/

caper6
02-16-2012, 06:39 PM
I know cobb tuning has a stage 1 tune thats for stock,they even used it on drive test the tv show boasting an extra 37 horse,close to 600 bucks though

KyleKitchen
02-17-2012, 05:19 AM
I'd be careful with AMS.
A stage 0 basemap is probably fine.

But they just custom tuned my friends cousin in shop.
He has a Ralliart with full bolt ons and an FP Green.

The tuner didn't even touch any of the SST related maps.
The clutches slipped constantly, it ran like shit and the only way he could drive it semi-normally was lifting on shifts...

He got Bryan to look at it recently I guess, I haven't heard anything about it recently though.

BravoZero
02-17-2012, 06:28 AM
That's why I feel very fortunate to have CBRD within a couple of hours from where I live, I have complete confidence in them since Chad collaborates with Bryan very frequently about the SST-equipped vehicles.

Ryan09RA
02-18-2012, 07:04 PM
You need to find someone that has expierence with the sst tables for a good email tune so Bryan or SouthSidePerformance is your bet. If you want a tune that doest push your car to hard then use the gst basemaps. But once you get into flashing your ecu, you should buy a wideband, boost gauge, tactrix cable and evoscan. Also no point in doing e-tuning if you dont have the cable, wideband and evoscan. Goodluck and happy modding.

Markspd6
02-18-2012, 07:17 PM
im lucky, cuz i have RRE down the street... :) thanks mike!

ive been working hard on taking all of mikes advice, and claiming it as my own, to my friends who dont know shit about cars..