PDA

View Full Version : Friggin Mitsu paint

BravoZero
04-20-2011, 08:42 AM
I've only had the car since early February and already I have some chips on the front of the car. I get out of the gym this morning and as I'm walking to my car, I noticed that the old bitch parked way too close to my car, so I immediately looked over my car. There's another nice chip right next to the driver door handle from, what I'm guessing, is her door hitting mine. Normally I'm the type of a-hole that would do something right back but I couldn't since where I was parked, the guy at the drive-thru window of the Roy Roger's next to the parking lot had a clear view, so could all of the fat-asses in line.

Ugh. Sorry, just needed to vent a little bit about that. My Eclipse's paint was not this bad and I had that car for a few years. Hell, my 1997 F-150 I had in high school that I beat the living hell out of, which still ran perfectly, didn't scratch or chip that easily. I've had my RA for over two months and it's already got a bunch of small chips... what the hell? I need to fix these somehow.

RalliArtist
04-20-2011, 09:21 AM
I know a detailer who only does high end exotics and i was talking to him one day about our soft paint. He said it's not just mitsubishi but all car companies. He said ever since the 'green revolution' began, the manufacturers have started using water based paint so it's not as strong as was 5-10 years ago.

A have a tarmac black which is the worst color to have if you're concerned with scratches, swirl marks and cob webbing. I'm very picky about my car but i try not to worry about it. But i will do my best to avoid my doors from getting dinged up by inconsiderate people who have no respect for OPP. So whenever i go a store where people are walking around the lot with shopping carts and grocery bags, i always park in the furthest spot.

But of course there's always a chance some d-bag will park right next to me, even thought there's 20 open spots around me.

Thats what www.youparklikeanasshole.com is for. Print out some of their tickets and put em on peoples windshields.

BravoZero
04-20-2011, 09:47 AM
I know a detailer who only does high end exotics and i was talking to him one day about our soft paint. He said it's not just mitsubishi but all car companies. He said ever since the 'green revolution' began, the manufacturers have started using water based paint so it's not as strong as was 5-10 years ago.

A have a tarmac black which is the worst color to have if you're concerned with scratches, swirl marks and cob webbing. I'm very picky about my car but i try not to worry about it. But i will do my best to avoid my doors from getting dinged up by inconsiderate people who have no respect for OPP. So whenever i go a store where people are walking around the lot with shopping carts and grocery bags, i always park in the furthest spot.

But of course there's always a chance some d-bag will park right next to me, even thought there's 20 open spots around me.

Thats what www.youparklikeanasshole.com is for. Print out some of their tickets and put em on peoples windshields.

Dude, absolutely. I park far enough away and most times next to a curb if possible to prevent this from happening. There are hundreds of spaces in a normal Walmart or grocery store parking lot, and somehow out of all of those empty spaces, some f*uckhead parks next to me. It's a shame that these manufacturers are resorting to this nonsense of using "environmental" paint. Mitsubishi paint has never been great and now it's gotten worse. That's one of the reasons I got my RA in silver was to help hide some of those scratches and chips.

I might actually print out those tickets and use them from now on, if anything it's just to get a kick out of it!

MTZL
04-20-2011, 10:00 AM
its the law regulating mfg.
Mfg were force to go green.

I have many rock chips on my hood.
I had the same thing happened to me but on the front passenger door handle. Looks like someone hit my door handle with their car door.

Whats worst is quarter panels & rear doors has these dings, people dont know how to open doors just like to hit my RA, I got small dents on both side, some on rear doors & both side of quarter panels.
Not very noticeable but I see it every time.
*sigh* shit happens..

gaspipedreamer
04-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah I have these weird paint fade or spotting in some areas. I dont even know what to call it lol Ill take pics when I can.

wwralliart77
04-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Yeah I have these weird paint fade or spotting in some areas. I dont even know what to call it lol Ill take pics when I can.

Paint fading is considered a manufacturer defect and it should be covered under warranty. If they give you shit about it have a paint shop write you up a slip or notice of some sort relating to the paint and then take it back to Mitsu. I had paint fade on my upper front bumper area that Mitsu wouldn't cover under warranty since the bottom of my bumper was all scraped up from being lowered. They wouldn't even just re-spray the problem area.

BravoZero
04-20-2011, 11:40 AM
This is true with most paint, but especially with this cheap Mitsu paint, alway make sure you clean off bird droppings ASAP. I have a junk rag that I keep in my car just in case I happen to find one on my car. Don't worry, I clean the rag... haha.