PDA

View Full Version : Anybody selling their ralliart turbo kit

toser10
04-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Anybody selling their ralliart turbo kit.. please let me know if ur selling it or plan on selling it ;)

hackerrei
04-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Hi
Well you want to put a RA turbo on your GTS sounds like a good idea but you will need a lot more then just the turbo and IC.
First your power plant will need to be strengthen to handle the stress the turbo will put on it.
Upgrade pistons,rods,crank,valves, higher flow fuel rail, upgrade fuel pump,then all the components like upIC pipe,lower IC pipe, boost solenoid, oil line feed, coolent line feed, then the exhaust manifold, down pipe, upgraded cat back exhaust, then tune. - pluse or minus some parts then add the labor the cost will be a lot.

My opinion is to just trade in or sell and get a RA or a used EVO 8-9 then you get all that plus all wheel drive because a front wheel car is said to only be able to handle around 240hp befor it is not manage able. plus all the under steer and tourq steer make for a slower time around corners best to have all wheel more grip and can handle more power.

Just trying to help.

MTZL
04-28-2011, 09:16 AM
If I recall correctly intake manifold on gts is plastic.

if you're still interested I will be selling my RA turbo as soon as I swap to Evo X turbo. lmk. :)

BravoZero
04-28-2011, 09:28 AM
If I recall correctly intake manifold on gts is plastic.

if you're still interested I will be selling my RA turbo as soon as I swap to Evo X turbo. lmk. :)

The Ralliart's intake is also plastic. Maybe the Evo's as well.

MTZL
04-28-2011, 09:47 AM
The Ralliart's intake is also plastic. Maybe the Evo's as well.

Mine is 2009 RA, I dont have plastic intake manifold or plastic valve cover. :)
Yes air intake is plastic, Im talking about "intake manifold" where LICP goes to.

wwralliart77
04-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Best thing to do is just go with Road Race Motorsports Turbo Kit. It's made for your car and it's complete. No hassle trying to source parts and "make it work". For naturally aspirated lancers RRM is the place to go. They are located in Santa Fe Springs CA. I believe their kit would boost your lancer's hp to 270 with 265 lb-ft. They have kits for both the 2.0 and 2.4 lancers. Here's a link for the 2.0 turbo kit: http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6_10&products_id=286&zenid=74470d69a4999b43fba2b3a8d4be71f7
And the 2.4: http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_23_24&products_id=293&zenid=74470d69a4999b43fba2b3a8d4be71f7

MTZL
04-28-2011, 10:11 AM
^+1 the most cost efficient route.

but everybody is taking that route, right? you know you want to buy my RA turbo & Front mount interfooler. ;) & be one of a kind. :D im just kidding unless you want to buy it. :D

it makes more sense budget wise to go from RA turbo to Evo turbo (minus aluminum control arms, AYC, S-AWC, Brembo, Bilstein & Eibach, wider body)
Not gts n/a to RA turbo. if that make sense... idk too much coffee in the morning.. so it all depends on how much you want to spend.
WORKS was putting together GTS with RA drivetrain & manual tranny.
wasnt working when i was there but its in progress....

blkside
04-28-2011, 10:34 AM
You only have 2 cost efficient routes...

Most efficient if your credit isnt described as turd candy is to trade up. You get OEM quality and speed.

2nd is the RRM kit and thats the only way to convert your GTS with any sort of reliability...

wwralliart77
04-28-2011, 10:36 AM
^+1 the most cost efficient route.

but everybody is taking that route, right? you know you want to buy my RA turbo & Front mount interfooler. ;) & be one of a kind. :D im just kidding unless you want to buy it. :D

it makes more sense budget wise to go from RA turbo to Evo turbo (minus aluminum control arms, AYC, S-AWC, Brembo, Bilstein & Eibach, wider body)
Not gts n/a to RA turbo. if that make sense... idk too much coffee in the morning.. so it all depends on how much you want to spend.
WORKS was putting together GTS with RA drivetrain & manual tranny.
wasnt working when i was there but its in progress....

Speaking of those aluminum control arms, does anyone make aftermarket ones for our RAs? Planning on tracking my RA and trying to get a list of parts that I'd like to get.

MTZL
04-28-2011, 12:15 PM
IDK JUNK YARD? lol.
Im not 100% sure if it will even bolt up.
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/csfh1/EvoX/MY%20EVO%20MR%20PAGE%20NEW%21%21_files/image140.jpg