PDA

View Full Version : Brake upgrade help

eRocKiiN
05-06-2011, 11:34 PM
So after doing one pull to 130mph then started braking and by the time I hit 90mph my rotors are completely warped. As of right now I'm only Cobb stage 1, next week however I'll be fully catless running stage 2 which means I have to address my brakes ASAP. I'm already set on Motul RBF 600 Racing Brake Fluid, either Works or AMS SS lines depending on reviews but I need advice on rotors and pads. As of right now budget only allows for me to upgrade the fronts but as soon as I can the rear will be upgraded as well. I'm thinking about these for Front rotors GD7336 and these for Front pads DP3954C. Any thoughts or suggestions, thanks in advance.

GAbOS
05-06-2011, 11:48 PM
The brakes are very strong for their size, a semi-manual and a right foot. Let off ahead of time and don't ride the brakes.

The gas I save timing the lights/traffic right could buy be all sorts of gear in a years time these days. :)

+ You get the heart warming feeling that you actually know how to drive a car.

eRocKiiN
05-07-2011, 12:01 AM
The brakes are very strong for their size, a semi-manual and a right foot. Let off ahead of time and don't ride the brakes.

The gas I save timing the lights/traffic right could buy be all sorts of gear in a years time these days. :)

+ You get the heart warming feeling that you actually know how to drive a car.

Couldn't agree more, normally when I slow down I use a combo of down shifting plus braking. Or, like you said, when I'm exiting the highway or coming up to a red light I usually can do all of my braking with just letting off the gas and downshifting. But it does concern me then if and when I need to brake that they warp after one high speed pull, so in my eyes they are #1 on my list right now for upgrading. Plus when is making your cars ability to stop faster a bad idea :)

RG-RA
05-07-2011, 02:26 AM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-ralliart-brakes-wheels-suspension/544897-ralliart-big-brake-upgrade.html
these are what im going with when i upgrade, 6 piston corvette calipers and an evo x rotor this guy put alot of work into these and they are relatively cheap about 800$

spider21
05-24-2011, 01:02 PM
I have the C5 Calipers installed with NFS's Bracket and the fit is perfect take a look at my album. The stopping power over what I had before is night and day..
http://clubralliart.com/album.php?albumid=57