PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Ohio!!!!!

Madhun
05-07-2011, 05:25 AM
Hi Ladies and Gents,
First time Lancer owner here,just purchased a wicked white Ralliart.
Having owned a Galant VR4,and 4 Subarus (2 WRXs);) I came over to the Mitsu side,because i love the current styling.Also got won over by the sst trans.
I really see a lot of good info here,and appreciate this site.
I was wondering if there is a sequence of mods recommended,and also does
all exhaust from EVO x fit our cars?What you guys think of the HKS greeen drop in filter?
To be honest Mitsu was real clear about no modding,but i just have to make
the car "mine" and start small,with bigger mods later.
thanks for thoughts,
Dave

RG-RA
05-07-2011, 05:31 AM
congrats on the car, where in ohio, and for parts i would say try your best to stay with the same company it makes things easier. i love AMS!!!!

Madhun
05-07-2011, 06:05 AM
Thanks!I'm in Columbus,Ohio.

BravoZero
05-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Welcome dude!

zeRep85
05-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Welcome to the club

Name is Ozzy

I started with helping the turbo breath better then a toon

These are the mods i have :)
Cosworth Drop-in
RRE Stealth Catback Exhaust + Testpipe
GReddy Downpipe
ETS Intercooler
RRE Mike W. Dyno Tune :)

Car becomes a BEAST!!

zeRep

Mkid
05-07-2011, 10:40 AM
I have the HKS drop-in filter and I like it for what it is. You don't really notice any gains but you can hear the turbo and BOV quite a bit more.

Madhun
05-07-2011, 11:16 AM
thanks OZ,and Mkid,appreciate your thoughts all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madhun
05-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Will i void the warranty with sport springs?and also if you guys have some feedback on different spring kits?thanks

RalliNurse
05-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Welcome to DaMadhouse!!!

Pic of ur car plz!

As far as mods go...ams makes good parts...but u have to be a balla like RG-RA...
Otherwise...ultimate racing is cheaper and their quality is top notch too (look at my sig)...
If u gonna have bolt-ons...a tune is a must...the reason for a tune is 1)bring out the potentials of ur parts and 2)ecu won't go crazy...ams do have the mail-in flash...so do keep them in mind..gst have it too...

Any aftermarket parts will void ur warrenty one way or the other...so do it at ur own risk...

G/L on ur project!

Mkid
05-07-2011, 12:04 PM
If you have a good dealer, the parts you install will only void the warranty of other parts if they were obviously damaged by the parts you installed.