PDA

View Full Version : gst base flash shifting question

caRalliArt
05-31-2011, 09:45 PM
So I flashed the gst base flash and noticed that the car shifts different.I was wondering if any one on her that has the base flash could explain or comment on why it shifts different.I notied while watching my boost gauge that the boost doesnt drop off during a shift.Is this why it feels like it kind of rev matches when shifting?Or is this my clutch slipping?

razorlab
05-31-2011, 10:07 PM
So I flashed the gst base flash and noticed that the car shifts different.I was wondering if any one on her that has the base flash could explain or comment on why it shifts different.I notied while watching my boost gauge that the boost doesnt drop off during a shift.Is this why it feels like it kind of rev matches when shifting?Or is this my clutch slipping?

Boost won't drop between WOT shifts with the stock tune either. One of the many benefits of the twin clutch trans.

Which version base flash are you using? The new V 2.6 fixes the "rev hang" between WOT shifts but V 2.6 is not out fully yet for all regions/fuel/stock pills

caRalliArt
05-31-2011, 11:41 PM
is "rev hang" bad for the trans?If i order the gst boost pill and flash the boost pill map will the rev hang go away?or where can I get the v26.I have the v25

EricS09RA
06-01-2011, 06:39 AM
I'm running 2.6 w/ boost pill and I absolutely love it!

BravoZero
06-01-2011, 07:11 AM
I'm running 2.6 w/ boost pill and I absolutely love it!

+1, love the 2.6 basemap, can't wait to flash the final version!

MTZL
06-01-2011, 09:19 AM
I just notice Rev Hang too but I dont drive in that high of a rpm. Too much stress on the engine & transmission.

I went to private property & tested this out. I shifted @ 6k rpm in 1st but the rpm climb to approx. 7.5k rpm before shifting.
Is that what everybody is talking about?

I remember a friend's RA, did the same thing stock. 1st gear WOT auto/normal, it rev'd over 7k rpm & shift.

How do I check which version is on mine?

I dont have the tactrix cable either...
My HP tablet laptop died again for third time out of warranty...
Memory failed & the board. FML.

Anybody here logging without a laptop???

caRalliArt
06-01-2011, 12:27 PM
I love the base flash too.I wrote this thread because I was woried that something might be wrong with my car.and yes the rev hanging is what I'm talking about.Can anyone post a link to download the v2.6 map?where can I order a gst boost pill.
If you want to see what version you have you can open ecuflash and. Look at the map you want to flash.it will tell you......"GstbaseflashstockpillV25"something like that

Cesarn2928
06-03-2011, 07:10 AM
I wanna get the GST Boost pill n flash it wit the v2.6
but i dont know if its the best thing to do since i have few bolt ons..

UR FMIC
UR UICP
UR LICP
UR HI FLOW CAT
FULL DC SPORT CATBACK
HKS air filter (can i use thiS?)

also have UR INTAKE/AMS Boost Pill.... but im sure cant use that with this tune rite? (got those cuz i was planning on gettin costume tune by AWD)

so is it safe to flash it wit all this bolt ons? reason im asking ... i dont wanna fuk my shit up lol..

BravoZero
06-03-2011, 07:27 AM

UR FMIC
UR UICP
UR LICP
UR HI FLOW CAT
FULL DC SPORT CATBACK
HKS air filter (can i use thiS?)

also have UR INTAKE/AMS Boost Pill.... but im sure cant use that with this tune rite? (got those cuz i was planning on gettin costume tune by AWD)

so is it safe to flash it wit all this bolt ons? reason im asking ... i dont wanna fuk my shit up lol..

You can run the basemap with these mods, but you might have issues.

My recommendation... flash the basemap, install the mods and immediately get it tuned. Not only are you taking advantage of Bryan's superb effort in perfecting the RA's throttle response and shifting, you'll also be able to tune the power even further to accomodate those mods.

total0wnage
06-03-2011, 12:47 PM

i have the same mods minus the hfc, and intake. i have yet to have a problem on 2.5

Tuqwik4u
06-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Has anyone ran the 1/4 mile on either flashes?

razorlab
06-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Has anyone ran the 1/4 mile on either flashes?

Here are some 1/4 mile times from some people using these basemaps on their 2009-2010 Ralliarts:

EvoOtto -- 93 oct BaseMap V2 + BoostPill = [email protected]

Snipingdude -- 93 oct BaseMap V2 + BoostPill = [email protected]

Silver09RA -- 91 oct BaseMap V1 + BoostPill + HKS filter = [email protected]

omegis -- 2011 93 oct BaseMap V2.5 + BoostPill = 13.39 @ 101.9 mph

bobcrusader -- 93 oct BaseMap V1 + BoostPill = 13.5@100mph

Proteus_x15 -- 91 oct BaseMap V1 + BoostPill = 13.8@99mph

No v2.6 yet that I know of.

MTZL
06-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Reaction: 1.112
I1: 2.161
I4: 11.242
ET: 13.436
MPH: 101.268

91 Octane
stock tires that I took for autox 38psi damn nearly bald.
Evo X FMIC, Evo X UICP, Evo X LICP, EVO IX Bov, K&N Drop-In, Custom Stock Tune from Bryan@GST (b4 EVO X parts) Stock everything else.

This was before the GSR Wheels. I havent been to Drag Strip in awhile.

I have no idea what version Im running. Maybe Bryan@GST can clue me in. lol. :D

caRalliArt
06-05-2011, 04:43 PM
If I use the gst boost pill and the boost pill map will the "hanging rev" go away?

caRalliArt
06-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Any word on the v2.6 flashes being released?What can I do to fix the shifting?is the rev hang bad for the sst?

AlphaKennyBody
06-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Patience Young one... we all in CA are waiting on the 2.6 map.... Check frequently on EvoM. Hell I Subcribed so now I get email responses once someone posts....

I want to make more power... Brian if your reading this.... The end of this month to the 2nd week of July me and an Evo X is heading up the 101 up north and camping out (Family Trip haha)... Think we can meet up and do a full tune?

caRalliArt
06-12-2011, 05:23 PM
What can I change on the v2.5 base flash to make the slipping/rec hang go away?I saw a post on evom where someone tweeked the map asnd the shifting issue for the v2.5 was fixed.Can anyone chime in and explain what part of the base flash affects the shifting so that i can try and fix it