PDA

View Full Version : Turbo back exhaust install tips

Madhun
06-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Please post any thoughts,experiences as im starting to install the UR DP,HFC and Magnaflow cat back tomorrow.Mainly concerned how hard the fit is going to be for the downpipe,but the car will be on a rack:)
thanks,
Dave

hotkupa
06-06-2011, 05:15 PM
I have the same set up for about 3 months. No leaks. No CEL. I love the sound. install is as easy as it gets. The only advise I can give you Take off the cat back first, and than HFC and down pipe. I sprayed the rubber hinges with WD40 so everything came off easily. Cat back took less than 30. Take off and put new one on. High flow cat 15 min and Down pipe 40.

CHSIsupplier
06-07-2011, 05:24 AM
Bolt all of the parts up loosely and get them in the hangers before you torque everything down. I tightened mine as went from the turbo back and it was rubbing the against the underside when I finished. All I had to do was loosen everything, make some small adjustments and then torque it down.

Madhun
06-07-2011, 06:05 AM
thanks all,i appreciate the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cjsabaki
10-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Feel like a total noob, spent about an hour over and under the car n got my butt kicked by the front pipe / down pipe.... Any sugestions???

Normally pretty damn good at mechanicals but for sum reason could not get on the two mounting bolts for the pipe to turbo to save my life
!!! Any tips??

Thanks in advance!!

Chris

Chaz17
10-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Someone told me you have to drop the transmission to install a downpipe... True?

MikeW-RRE
10-09-2012, 02:23 AM
A short DP goes on easy.

A long DP ( a true turbo back since it actually bolts onto the turbo) is a pain. Bolts are where you cant really get to them. Often they are stuck and break off in the turbine housing requiring the turbo to be removed so you can have a machine shop get them dug out. You get the hard to get to bolts through the fender well.

But the long DP is in the way of pulling the transfer case. The transfer case has to come off to get the transmission out. If you run a long one piece DP you add a day's labor or a couple two or three hundred dollars to a transmission swap or going back to stock for warranty purposes.

Dude that said the transmission has to come out to install a DP is smoking the bad stuff. Keep him away from the bad stuff.

Mike W

p1llar
10-09-2012, 08:02 AM
I cannot comment on the DP but the Test Pipe is extremely straight forward and easy. Only issue that could arrise is removing the o2 sensor, it can be a bitch. The catback is very straight forward as well and you couldn't have any issues there.