PDA

View Full Version : Wheel spacers?

aralliart
06-22-2011, 09:46 PM
So i was wondering what spacers i need exactly because i saw many numbers on ebay and i only tho i need to know the bolt pattern. I also need to know how exactly a spacer works with the extended steams? How does the oem stems not get in the way. The way i pictured is that i put the oem steams through the spacers id buy then attach my wheels to the new stem? But wouldnt the oem stems stop me from screwing my lug nut into the new stems? Sorry if its confusing.
Thanks for the help

MikeW-RRE
06-22-2011, 11:13 PM
How much are you looking to space them out? Stock wheels?

Got a link to the ones you are looking at?

Mike W

Ralliart23
06-23-2011, 06:53 AM
So i was wondering what spacers i need exactly because i saw many numbers on ebay and i only tho i need to know the bolt pattern. I also need to know how exactly a spacer works with the extended steams? How does the oem stems not get in the way. The way i pictured is that i put the oem steams through the spacers id buy then attach my wheels to the new stem? But wouldnt the oem stems stop me from screwing my lug nut into the new stems? Sorry if its confusing.
Thanks for the help

same question for me. i never understood when using bolt on spacers that have their own studs coming out of them, how does the wheel sit flush against them if the original studs are sticking out a bit once bolted on?

MikeW-RRE
06-24-2011, 02:49 AM
Most all wheels have a hollowed out pocket on the backside where the original studs stick into.

Mike W

wwralliart77
06-24-2011, 10:11 AM
As most of you know, are vehicles are said to require a hub centric wheel spacer when opting for a lil more offset. The concept is that the new hub spacer comes with premounted studs, the question was how do the preexisting studs not get in the way. The idea is for the new hub spacer to attach itself to the stock hub via bolt on. Might be a lil confusing but it becomes much clearer when you have the product in front of you.

IMO I'd rather go with extended wheel studs and some kind of steel or billet type spacer; holds up better. Stay away from the cheap aluminum type spacers that you can source through your local auto chain store; they will break on our high speed cars. Hub centric bolt on type spacers tend to be weak and break over time, thus my suggesting the other route. Just my experience with spacers, do what you like.

MTZL
06-24-2011, 10:16 AM
I think everybody need a visual.
Picture is worth a thousand words.
I dont have the need for them.
Those wheel spacers are made to clear the stock studs. Here it is... V

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachments/4x4-technical/53335d1222541170-wheel-spacer-wheelspacer.jpg

Even if you had one of those spacer that stock studs stick out like so...
http://i2.frsimg.com/images/detailed_images/Wheel_spacer_0112428550134a1476653e792.jpg
MOST wheels would have a recess space to clear like so... & Sometimes things dont work the way they are suppose to.
(Ignore the comments on the pic)
http://www.rogueengineering.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/wheels/spacer_ok.jpg

aralliart
06-25-2011, 06:44 AM
How much are you looking to space them out? Stock wheels?

Got a link to the ones you are looking at?

Mike W
No ive got aftermarket wheels that are 18X8 +35 rolled and pulled. Yes its flush now but im in the process of a secret project

aralliart
06-25-2011, 10:10 AM
does anyone know a good(web) place to buy spacers that are cheaper? but ones that are durable?
Thanks

MikeW-RRE
06-25-2011, 09:10 PM
I sell good spacers :-) But I am less of a web place :-( more of a real place :-) But I can see you on the web... :-/

How much are you looking to space them out?

Mike W

TrailBrake
04-20-2012, 06:18 AM
I sell good spacers :-) But I am less of a web place :-( more of a real place :-) But I can see you on the web... :-/

Mike W

Hey Mike, do you still have spacers? How much can the stock rims be spaced out before rubbing issues?

SilverSurfer
04-22-2012, 02:30 PM

Mike W

almost an inch but the problem then is the screws wont have enough room to screw the lugs