PDA

View Full Version : My experience doing the auto-x track at the Super Ralliart event...

drmosh
06-15-2009, 10:18 AM
I gotta say, what a great car, besides the really smeary/soft tires, the car is great. I immediately noticed the ASC catch about 100 yards into the auto-x track and turned it off but the car drives great on the track. The Ralliart I drove had the lowering springs, it was the white SC one but the car sticks to the ground like glue and the SST is awesome.

You can tell when the SST starts to heatup after about 4-5 continuous runs but if you give it a 10 minute break in between runs it'll probably be fine. Would be nice to have the Brembos but then you might as well buy an Evo. For a daily driver and part time performance car I can't think of a better value.

CarGuy
06-15-2009, 01:08 PM
I'll have some pics and a front page story in a few days. I was driving a good part of the day, so I'm getting pictures from my friends a Mitsubishi corporate that were there.

Let's just say I was giving rides in not one, but three, "tuner" Ralliarts that South Coast Mitsubishi had built. One each from Muellerized, Road Race Engineering and Robispec!

All I can say is that those very midly modified RA's beat 95% of the Evo times out there on the track!

Believe me driving a Ralliart and kicking some Evo egos was fun! Story to follow as soon as I get some pics.

lftevo@home
06-15-2009, 05:10 PM
It's really great to hear that a Ralliart can keep up with an Evo, if not beat it.

I would like to say though, I'm sure the skill of the driver had something to do with those Ralliart times. As I've seen that same driver flog modified Evos with a stock Evo, because he's a really good driver :)

darkmana153
06-17-2009, 06:22 PM
heres an idea ... why dont we have a track day ?!? i hear riverside has a track with decent prices

CarGuy
06-17-2009, 07:49 PM
It's really great to hear that a Ralliart can keep up with an Evo, if not beat it.

I would like to say though, I'm sure the skill of the driver had something to do with those Ralliart times. As I've seen that same driver flog modified Evos with a stock Evo, because he's a really good driver :)

It was the car! Ssssssshhhhhhh

CarGuy
06-17-2009, 07:49 PM
heres an idea ... why dont we have a track day ?!? i hear riverside has a track with decent prices

Make it so!

MTZL
06-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Wish I was there on the track after see that video! Who was that driving in the video? Member of this club?

CarGuy
06-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Wish I was there on the track after see that video! Who was that driving in the video? Member of this club?

I don't think it was anyone from this site driving in the video.

alphawav
07-08-2009, 02:51 AM
hey, I made a video in my RA once, and I was driving... didn't anybody see it?

http://www.youtube.com/v/mjYcATVmE9A&hl

it was a different event, though, I like the event you guys went to better since it had official time (in that pickup truck) or something. that was cool, how did they setup the time truck?