PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Bryan

NFSLancerRA
06-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Are you able to adjust the line pressure/overall pressure in the TC-SST? Is that what MTZL is talking about? I have heard tell of a local tuner here being able to do that now. If so, this has peaked my interests.

razorlab
06-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Are you able to adjust the line pressure/overall pressure in the TC-SST? Is that what MTZL is talking about? I have heard tell of a local tuner here being able to do that now. If so, this has peaked my interests.

In a round-a-bout sort of way, yes. Not the way I would like to be able to, but it's progress.

http://norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/mods/2010_RA_Sportback/sst/052811/04_BenchMark_VS_V4.gif

Solid Red plot = Clutch pressure before
Dotted Red plot = Clutch slip before

Solid Blue plot = Clutch pressure after
Dotted Blue plot = Clutch slip after

Bottom axis = RPM
Left axis = ClutchPressure and ClutchSlip amounts (PSI and RPM)

MTZL
06-28-2011, 04:33 PM
I knew it! although, you never told me directly. I just assume it was secret.
Thanks for the graph & info.
I can feel that initial Solid Blue Plot before the 2,800rpm. :)

Exyia
06-28-2011, 04:38 PM
this increase in clutch pressure "tweak" is global however. It will increase clutch pressure in both normal and sport mode. To me, it doesn't matter, as who uses normal that much :o

feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Me nor my tuner have gotten time to pull up my 2011 SST definition tables, and I haven't been driving much lately either

MTZL
06-28-2011, 04:40 PM
I dont know how to explain it but one time I did 0-60 from full stop,
WOT shift @ 6k from 1st gear went past 6k to 7k rpm before it shifted.
The graph explain that. I shouldnt been revving past 6k anyhow..
Maybe a solution for it?

NFSLancerRA
06-28-2011, 06:02 PM
I dont know how to explain it but one time I did 0-60 from full stop,
WOT shift @ 6k from 1st gear went past 6k to 7k rpm before it shifted.
The graph explain that. I shouldnt been revving past 6k anyhow..
Maybe a solution for it?

I have been told to back off the fluid level. I don't have a calculation for how much to take out, though. I am not even sure that that is a good idea, but it makes sense.

Bryan, it appears that you have increased the pressure by 5%. I had something more like 15% in mind. I would like to be up around 180 psi.

There is one guy locally who had his bumped up to over 200 psi. He can't downshift to save his life. That lasted all of about 5 minutes. However, I would be willing to try 180 psi.

NFSLancerRA
06-28-2011, 06:03 PM
this increase in clutch pressure "tweak" is global however. It will increase clutch pressure in both normal and sport mode. To me, it doesn't matter, as who uses normal that much :o

This has been done to automatic transmissions for years. You would be amazed what a simple increase in pressure can do.

razorlab
06-28-2011, 09:06 PM
I have been told to back off the fluid level. I don't have a calculation for how much to take out, though. I am not even sure that that is a good idea, but it makes sense.

Bryan, it appears that you have increased the pressure by 5%. I had something more like 15% in mind. I would like to be up around 180 psi.

There is one guy locally who had his bumped up to over 200 psi. He can't downshift to save his life. That lasted all of about 5 minutes. However, I would be willing to try 180 psi.

I've run 180 psi pressure. I was just showing the above as an example.

Keep in mind the pressure increases also with SST mode, and gear (5th runs about 40-50psi more then 3rd, even with the same engine load), and engine load, higher the engine load, higher the clamp pressure.

Why is he having downshift issues with higher clamp pressure? The pressure drops super fast when out of load, and hardly uses any pressure on downshifts. Here is an example:

http://norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/mods/2010_RA_Sportback/sst/ra_sst_normalUpshift_Downshifts.png

About 30psi, reference the engine load spikes on the downshifts (right side, two RPM blips)

How is he logging pressure? Through a logger? The RAW output is not in PSI. ;)

How is he upping the pressure?

GAbOS
06-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Wicked info Bryan!

You got temp data too? I just ordered my cable today. Can't wait.

I've found at the 30+ mph max you see at AutoX, the SST in Sport Auto is faster than I am, not to mention bang on with the down shifts. My stock braking with those itty bitty brakes shocked everyone that rode with me.

Already seeing some great work in these threads you've made with it. Good on ya, mate.

NFSLancerRA
06-29-2011, 02:21 AM
How is he upping the pressure?

Jestr is the one doing it. I know nothing other than it was being done and how much. I will get back to you on the clutches staying open issue.

He might just have wicked bad over-rev.