PDA

View Full Version : Crimped Line

EricS09RA
06-29-2011, 01:55 PM
While raising my car and trying to put a jack stand underneath, the car slid off the jack and the jack stand crimped a line pretty bad. There are six lines that travel front to back underneath the driver side of the car. The jack stand crimped one of the center lines pretty badly. Are these fuel lines? If so, what will be the consequence of easily driving it before it's fixed? Please help...

BravoZero
06-29-2011, 02:24 PM
I think I know what you're referring to, but can you post pics?

EricS09RA
06-29-2011, 03:14 PM
This is the group of lines

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx264/eshaeffer/PompanoBeach-20110629-00181.jpg

this is where it got crimped

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx264/eshaeffer/PompanoBeach-20110629-00182.jpg

counting from driver side to passenger side, it is #3

EricS09RA
06-29-2011, 03:35 PM
I just drove around a bit to see if there was anything wrong. No CEL's, no difference in the brake pedal, and nothing leaking. I'm gonna have to continue to drive her till I'm able to get it fixed, but I'd still like to know exactly what's running through that line.

Madhun
07-01-2011, 04:54 AM
Any competent parts guy at Mitsu can tell you if its brake or fuel,fuel vapor line or not.Or look at it on lift,and trace it to its origin.That should tell the story.

MTZL
07-02-2011, 03:16 PM
that line in particular, I believe goes to the reservoir in the trunk.
Diff. fluid line? I could be wrong, I need to check service manual.

EricS09RA
07-02-2011, 03:27 PM
I was afraid that it mite be diff fluid :(

razorlab
07-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Driver side is all fuel/vapor lines.

Passenger side are brakes lines.

No diff lines would go back there as you have no rear hydraulic diff system. ;)

Madhun
07-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Driver side is all fuel/vapor lines.

Passenger side are brakes lines.

No diff lines would go back there as you have no rear hydraulic diff system. ;)

i was like what diff lines?:)

EricS09RA
07-03-2011, 12:30 PM
cool, then it would be a fuel line. if it's a vapor or return line, is there any urgency in fixing it?

BravoZero
07-03-2011, 05:03 PM
cool, then it would be a fuel line. if it's a vapor or return line, is there any urgency in fixing it?

Even if there's no urgency, I would still get them fixed ASAP to prevent a possible issue.

Madhun
07-04-2011, 12:56 PM
evap system leak will trigger CEL eventually.

Jackal
07-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Bottom line just get it fixed ASAP.

razorlab
07-04-2011, 04:52 PM
So looks like I remembered wrong.

The fuel lines *and* brake lines go down the driver side.

The fuel lines are the inner set (towards the drive shaft)

The brake lines are the outer 2 (towards the door)

It *looks* like the one you crimped is the fuel vapor line, which goes to the vapor canister in the rear.

If it *is* the line I am thinking of it's part #1743A111 and its $76.73 (list $100.70) on mitsubishiparts.net.

*PLEASE MAKE SURE IT IS THE CORRECT LINE*

EricS09RA
07-04-2011, 09:21 PM
As always, Bryan, you're the man!

EricS09RA
07-05-2011, 08:44 AM
I'm trying to verify the part number through mitsu, but the diagram they have doesn't even break down the individual hoses into part numbers. U can't even make out which line goes where. I asked them if I were to bring the car in, would they be able to better narrow it down, the guy said "maybe." This is getting extremely frusterating!

BravoZero
07-05-2011, 09:48 AM
What the hell does "maybe" mean? He's a damn service tech and he "might" be able to tell you which one it goes to??? That's his damn job he should know how to do that or at least look in the service manual for the car and figure it out, not "maybe". What an idiot.

Sorry, that pisses me off when you have an issue like this and they say they can "maybe" narrow it down and fix it.

razorlab
07-05-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm trying to verify the part number through mitsu, but the diagram they have doesn't even break down the individual hoses into part numbers. U can't even make out which line goes where. I asked them if I were to bring the car in, would they be able to better narrow it down, the guy said "maybe." This is getting extremely frusterating!

I have the service manual + the CAPS parts look up application (what dealers/techs use to locate parts and part #'s.

It's what I used to locate the part for you.

I'll try to post screenshots tonight so everyone can try and verify it for you. It is a bit hard to see which line is which in the diagram.

MTZL
07-05-2011, 11:26 AM
I had took pics of the whole car underside.
Im going to stitch the pics together to make one big picture.

I had the RA on the lift last week. The third line from driverside, I track the line all the way back to the reservior in the trunk.

I read somewhere RA had hydraulic diff but electronically controlled?
idk :confused: Im confused...

MikeW-RRE
07-05-2011, 11:42 AM
The RalliArt center diff has hydraulics going on in there. It is the "ACD". On the EVO X the rear diff also has a hydraulic clutch which makes it "AYC". RalliArt is EVO 9 style when it comes to the driveline.

You are not crazy... well, not for thinking this anyways. You might well be crazzy for other stuff :-)

Mike W

razorlab
07-05-2011, 01:00 PM
I had took pics of the whole car underside.
Im going to stitch the pics together to make one big picture.

I had the RA on the lift last week. The third line from driverside, I track the line all the way back to the reservior in the trunk.

Ok so that confirms it. Just need to make sure the part # I gave is the same on the RA, not sure why it wouldn't be. I was looking it up on Evo 10 as my CAPS does not have 2009 RA+

I read somewhere RA had hydraulic diff but electronically controlled?
idk :confused: Im confused...

What Mike said.

EricS09RA
07-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Had the car on a lift today and confirmed that it is in fact the vapor return line. Thank you guys so much for your help!!!

BravoZero
07-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Glad you found out which one it was. Now get that bad boy replaced before bad things happen! lol

EricS09RA
07-06-2011, 12:25 PM
New vapor line and new wheel are on the way. New undertray is waiting to be installed (had to order 14 plastic clips since they didn't come with the under tray). Just got back from differential and transfer case service. This has been an expensive week for my baby!