PDA

View Full Version : Possible broken throttle

KrazyRA
07-04-2011, 03:13 PM
I logged my ralliart with evo scan and the whole time in idle my throttle position is at 49%. Anyone know whats wrong? Also, i just recently got CEL and code are p0102, p0103, p0131. could those be causing the throttle to stay 49% open at idle?

razorlab
07-04-2011, 04:39 PM
I logged my ralliart with evo scan and the whole time in idle my throttle position is at 49%. Anyone know whats wrong? Also, i just recently got CEL and code are p0102, p0103, p0131. could those be causing the throttle to stay 49% open at idle?

Sounds like you are just logging the incorrect address.

What year RA?

KrazyRA
07-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Bryan mine is a 2009.

razorlab
07-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Bryan mine is a 2009.

Request ID should be 23808701 with Eval: x*100/255

KrazyRA
07-04-2011, 06:40 PM
So what do I have to do? sorry I'm still new to this stuff.

KrazyRA
07-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Whoops what I meant to say was my Accel pedal position was at 49%

razorlab
07-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Whoops what I meant to say was my Accel pedal position was at 49%

APP should be request ID 2380950D and Eval (x-32)*129/255

APP is your throttle pedal (requested throttle)

TPS is your actual throttle plate (throttle body)

KrazyRA
07-04-2011, 09:36 PM
that is the same setting on my evo scan for app it says 129/255. The story is I was at a stop light and I made a left turn and accelerated a little bit hard and thats when my CEL came on. when my buddy checked with a code reader it gave me the codes P0102,p0103,p0131. At idle on warmed up motor I notice my rpm creeps up close to 1900rpm as if the gas pedal is being pressed on. I let the RA parked for the past 2 days now.

MikeW-RRE
07-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Had an EVO X through the shop with similar issues. You could actually see the throttle doing whacky things. You can take the I/C hose off and watch the plate move with the engine off. Key on, motor not running. A buddy is on the gas pedal and you wantch the throttle plate.

On the dead throttle body we came across you could see that it looked like coolant had leaked from the warm up part of the TB into the electrical parts. Replaced it with a used one and all was good again.

As long as you have not messed with it, it is a warranty fix.

Mike W

razorlab
07-04-2011, 11:18 PM
that is the same setting on my evo scan for app it says 129/255. The story is I was at a stop light and I made a left turn and accelerated a little bit hard and thats when my CEL came on. when my buddy checked with a code reader it gave me the codes P0102,p0103,p0131. At idle on warmed up motor I notice my rpm creeps up close to 1900rpm as if the gas pedal is being pressed on. I let the RA parked for the past 2 days now.

Ah ok, you most likely hit limp mode, which is why your idle is at 1900 and your throttle is showing higher.

Most likely because of you hitting torque/airflow limits. Are you tuned or OEM rom/tune? Stock car or modifications?

Or your MAF sensor went bad.

KrazyRA
07-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Ah ok, you most likely hit limp mode, which is why your idle is at 1900 and your throttle is showing higher.

Most likely because of you hitting torque/airflow limits. Are you tuned or OEM rom/tune? Stock car or modifications?

Or your MAF sensor went bad.

At the time I was on GST base v2.5. with optima battery, boostpill, hks drop in filter and evo x bov. since I was planning to bring it into dealership I put stock pill back in and flashed back to stock rom. What do you thing could cause the MAF sensor to go bad this early? Should I take it into dealership or should I just buy a new MAF sensor. Do you think anything else might be wrong? cause p0131 is saying something about front heated o2 sensor?

KrazyRA
07-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Also, how do I data log my stock rom/.hex? Thanks for all the info Bryan.

razorlab
07-05-2011, 10:16 AM
At the time I was on GST base v2.5. with optima battery, boostpill, hks drop in filter and evo x bov. since I was planning to bring it into dealership I put stock pill back in and flashed back to stock rom. What do you thing could cause the MAF sensor to go bad this early? Should I take it into dealership or should I just buy a new MAF sensor. Do you think anything else might be wrong? cause p0131 is saying something about front heated o2 sensor?

Try putting in my basemap for stock pill since you have stock pill in now. Clear the codes and see if they come back. Or are you saying the codes and high idle was trigged while on the V2.5 with boost pill map?

The drop in filter and Evo X BOV could cause your car to go into limp mode with the stock tune.

If the code does come back, I'd sway towards bad MAF. If it is a bad MAF, the codes will come back as soon as you clear them and start the car.

MTZL
07-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Sry, man. I was on my mini birthday vacation at aptos, ca.
When you txt'd me, my battery died. Smart phones are not that smart, battery life doesnt last.

Im glad Bryan is helping you. :)

Omegis
07-05-2011, 12:01 PM
You check all your vacuum lines as well?

FPR hose is notorious for popping off under WOT if not properly secured. Good thing to mini zip tie that hose now or use a hose clamp. Some related issues to that hose disconnecting is rough idle.

IDK about the p0131 though. That's related to your front O2 sensor.

KrazyRA
07-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Try putting in my basemap for stock pill since you have stock pill in now. Clear the codes and see if they come back. Or are you saying the codes and high idle was trigged while on the V2.5 with boost pill map?

The drop in filter and Evo X BOV could cause your car to go into limp mode with the stock tune.

If the code does come back, I'd sway towards bad MAF. If it is a bad MAF, the codes will come back as soon as you clear them and start the car.

Sry, man. I was on my mini birthday vacation at aptos, ca.
When you txt'd me, my battery died. Smart phones are not that smart, battery life doesnt last.

Im glad Bryan is helping you. :)

You check all your vacuum lines as well?

FPR hose is notorious for popping off under WOT if not properly secured. Good thing to mini zip tie that hose now or use a hose clamp. Some related issues to that hose disconnecting is rough idle.

IDK about the p0131 though. That's related to your front O2 sensor.

Bryan, for some reason I can't use DTC on evo scan it say my ecu does not respond. And yes at the time i was on v2.5 when I got the codes. I took it to the dealership they pretty much say its the MAF sensor. Thanks again for all your help bryan!!!

Mike its all good Thanks for your help.

Omegis, I don't see any vac lines off or anything, the Dealership is leaning toward broken MAF sensor.

MTZL
07-06-2011, 10:02 AM
If you're running K&N filter (oiled one) get you another K&N Filter.
Once your first filter is dirty, clean & oil as directed but install the second one & wait til second one is dirty before you put the first cleaned & oiled one back on.
Which will be fully dry by then. If the oil is not fully dry it can get onto the MAF sensor.

KrazyRA
07-06-2011, 08:36 PM
If you're running K&N filter (oiled one) get you another K&N Filter.
Once your first filter is dirty, clean & oil as directed but install the second one & wait til second one is dirty before you put the first cleaned & oiled one back on.
Which will be fully dry by then. If the oil is not fully dry it can get onto the MAF sensor.

OK. Thanks for the info Mike. I will be picking up 2 cosworth filters from MikeW at MOD.

Mkid
07-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Just an FYI. Cosworth filters are un-oiled so you probably won't need 2.

MTZL
07-08-2011, 10:41 AM
If you buy two,
You can give me the extra one KrazyRA. :D

KrazyRA
07-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Just an FYI. Cosworth filters are un-oiled so you probably won't need 2.

Thanks for the info Mkid!

If you buy two,
You can give me the extra one KrazyRA. :D

Mike I will give you one if you promise to buy me one when I need another one.