PDA

View Full Version : kelford 214B cam hp+ over stock??

RG-RA
07-14-2011, 12:25 AM
i have tried looking everywhere i could for a while now and still have nothing to show. im trying to find if anyone has logged the gains from stock vs 214A and 214B cams. im going with the 214B but i just really want to see the difference in these. i would do this myself but my tuner uses road tunes and doesnt have a dyno so i would have to have it tuned 2x and pay for dyno time 2x which my wife would not be ok with haha. so anyone done anything or know where i can find this info?

razorlab
07-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Don't even bother with the A's. Go with the B's.

The idle is barely noticeable from stock.

I love the kelford cams on the 4B11.

The B's, depending on your modifications generally see a 15-25wtq increase across the power band and a general increase in responsiveness everywhere, even off boost.

BravoZero
07-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Question about cams...

I've never done any extensive engine work before and read up on various things including cam upgrades. What would be the purpose of upgrading the cams in the Ralliart? If they were to be done, would a tune be required? What about the longevity of the cams as opposed to stock if you don't race or do high-RPM driving?

MTZL
07-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Longevity wise your timing chain should be checked sooner for stretching.

You should get faster response through out the rpm.

If you do high revving you may want to get custom timing chain plus duel valve springs & tititanium retainers. Also remember ra doesn't come with engine oil cooler.

Radiator is something to look at too. WORKS had their ra in the races but radiator overheated & blew the motor.

RG-RA
07-14-2011, 04:06 PM
yea im going with the B's, engine mods is a whole lot lol
timing chain is being cryo treated, and engine oil cooler and radiator are still being looked at for upgrades

MTZL
07-14-2011, 04:29 PM
So how is the build going so far??

I have heard of cryogen but treated? where are you getting this done at???
I have been around people that thermal & friction coat pistons, thats about it...

RG-RA
07-14-2011, 07:18 PM
So how is the build going so far??

I have heard of cryogen but treated? where are you getting this done at???
I have been around people that thermal & friction coat pistons, thats about it...

build is going should be back on the road in about 3 weeks stupid machine shop is taking forever! but i dont know where its getting done at ill have to ask. its my tuner that brought it up maybe its just referred to around here as cryo treated not sure, i had actually never heard of it before at all. all i know is that he has had it done to a few other timing chains before and it helped improve the strength of them and reduce stretch.

also got my turbo back today and picks with new measurements should be up sometime tonight on my build thread

and i just found this which is an interesting read and something i never knew about before just now on cryogenic treatment...
http://www.cdpautomachine.com/ecatalog/cryo.html