PDA

View Full Version : No more chrome!

RalliNurse
07-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Please refer to this section for window trim removal http://clubralliart.com/showthread.php?p=21170#post21170

My car is now free of chrome parts...except emblems...

Enjoy the pics!

Damn...I'm so boring...lol

Jackal
07-19-2011, 08:58 PM
OK it looks profesionally done, so very well done. My questions are:
What did you do to get your previously chrome ring to look as good as it does?
What products?
What steps?
what sort of timeline start to finish?

RalliNurse
07-19-2011, 09:06 PM
OK it looks profesionally done, so very well done. My questions are:
What did you do to get your previously chrome ring to look as good as it does?
What products?
What steps?
what sort of timeline start to finish?

same way i did my chrome ring with rust-o-leum for cars

actually i lazy my way on this one...i was going to buy a can of primer today but i didnt...dont ask me why...

anyways...after i tape off all the rubber part...i stand it stright up and spray paint it from top to bottom further away this time around...so it not as runny...

from uninstall to re-install about 3 hr time...most of the time is for the paint to dry...

hope this helps...

BravoZero
07-20-2011, 05:23 AM
Looks good! I never would have thought a glossy black would do well on those trim parts but it looks very nice.

xwxspawnxwx
07-20-2011, 05:36 AM
Looks Good! Nice Job

RalliNurse
07-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Thanks guys...I think it better then eitherstock DE or plasti-dips...

MTZL
07-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Looks good.

Jackal
07-20-2011, 07:35 PM
I am glad Canadian RA already comes in black trim except the chrome ring. So this means I only have one thing to paint but will go a different route and try the plastic/ rubber bumper trim paint and see how it turns out.

RalliNurse
07-20-2011, 10:08 PM
I am glad Canadian RA already comes in black trim except the chrome ring. So this means I only have one thing to paint but will go a different route and try the plastic/ rubber bumper trim paint and see how it turns out.

you mean that plastic piece on top of the muffler?

Jackal
07-21-2011, 10:15 PM
LOL ! I mean a spray paint that you can buy designed to freshen up factory plastic bumpers or other black trim on a car that has faded or gotten scratched etc.

RalliNurse
07-21-2011, 10:35 PM
LOL ! I mean a spray paint that you can buy designed to freshen up factory plastic bumpers or other black trim on a car that has faded or gotten scratched etc.

Oh...i c...I didn't know there is such a thing...

BravoZero
07-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Hopefully there is... somehow there is dried wax on the black portion of my side mirrors and it won't come off.