PDA

View Full Version : Prolonged cranking

darkmana153
06-22-2009, 08:55 PM
This hasnt really been a problem, but its happened to me twice now. I went to start my car after having it parked for around 1.5 hours and it didnt start up right away, it kept cranking for about 5-6 seconds and didnt start. I turned the key again, started up normally.

Anyone else encounter this before ? The car still runs just wondering if it happened to anyone else and figure out what caused this ?

TheBlackBeast
07-26-2009, 01:47 AM
Well, your post made me sign up! I've had mine for a little over 3k miles and its happened to me about 2-3 times. I haven't tied it to any specific events. I thought perhaps its the fans that run to cool down the car when turned off but still hot. The last time it had the prolonged crank, that had not happened.

AVENGER
07-26-2009, 06:28 PM
I had it happen a couple of times..
When I brought it to the dealer to have the recalls done and the oil changed, I told the service manager about it.. He "claimed" there was a flash for it. Apparently it worked, because this was over 3 months ago and it hasn't happened since..

Orrrrr, he lied and it's completely coincidental.....:rolleyes:

HiggsRA
07-27-2009, 07:47 PM
happened to me once when when it was really cold out when i first bought mine havent had the issue again yet

Ralliart Down Under
07-28-2009, 06:05 AM
I have had the same problems here with mine in Australia seems to be a common fault across the range with the smart key as usual the dealers here don't seem to have a fix for it.

dybadboy
07-28-2009, 08:24 AM
mine did it twice... both of them happen after heavy rain!

Ralliart Down Under
07-29-2009, 12:40 AM
Had my smart keys reprogrammed today and the dealer thinks that will fix the problem hope so

TheBlackBeast
07-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Interesting. I'd like to know if you have success with the fast key re-programming. Keep us posted!

CarGuy
07-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Had my smart keys reprogrammed today and the dealer thinks that will fix the problem hope so

Keep us posted. Good info!

darkmana153
07-29-2009, 09:54 PM
hmm thats interesting ... i have not had this happen to me for a while now, if it happens again im bringing it back to the dealer.

Ralliart Down Under
07-30-2009, 02:40 AM
My car is about 5 weeks old now and the started happening in the second week and would do it a couple of times a week, I have only ever used one of the smart keys so will see what happens now, so far so good but it only been a couple days since they where reprogrammed will keep you up to date.

Ladogaboy
08-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Quite a few Ralliart owners have had this problem. I believe that the dealers are aware of it and have some sort of fix. Basically, if you have this problem, take the car in.

Ralliart Down Under
08-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Well it been a couple of weeks since I had the smart keys reprogrammed and so far so good have not had any more problems