PDA

View Full Version : Audio popping

susafuss
08-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Hey all, just noticed we did not have an audio section so feel free to move if need be....

But I have been noticing this loud popping noise from speakers when using the RCA ports for my phone/iPod/iPad (tried all 3 to make sure it was not the device, even tried another cable) anyway gonna call dealer tomorrow about this see if they got a solution. Thoughts, does anyone else get this?

zeRep85
08-08-2011, 12:06 PM
I dont have the same issue...but i am having radio issues..

My radios sounds like its always trying to read a CD even when the radio is playing or if the radio is powered off!

zeRep

ChaseRalli
08-08-2011, 12:27 PM
My car just started doing this too. I brought my car into the dealership to get my starter replaced. I waited the 2 hours and got my car back. I noticed that when i use my ipod and turn the volume up to about 30, all of my speakers started to pop and started to make a really loud and obnoxious blip noise. Might i add that before i took the car in to the dealer, i had never heard this noise. I immediately turned around and headed straight for servicing. After a 15 minute arguement with the dealer manager and service manager, they basically told me that they had nothing to do with the speakers making the noise. They told me that they were supposed to do that if you the volume on the ipod was too high. Lol. I tried to make it clear to them that i have never, during the year that i have owned the car, heard this noise come out of my speakers till that day. The dealer did something to my shit and they refused to admit it. They had the balls to tell me that my ipod must have been broken.( i mean unless it broke in my pocket while i was sitting down in the waiting room or something).
They basically told me to fuck off and that fixing the starter couldnt be related. I just think that the dealer didnt want to pay for my new RF system that they deffinitely messed up. I cant put my volume passed 28 without hearing this noise. Next time i got to the dealer for an oil change, im gonna Wreak havoc.

I dont know what your dealer is like but they might try to blame it on all of your devices.

/rant

GAbOS
08-08-2011, 12:50 PM
I can tell you that using a passive aux connection with any device, iPod or otherwise, should not be turned up to max volume. Treat these like line inputs most of the time. When I did have my stock deck and hooked my iPod to the RCA Aux, turning it up to high produced distortion, which I absolutely expected to happen.

ChaseRalli
08-08-2011, 01:05 PM
I can tell you that using a passive aux connection with any device, iPod or otherwise, should not be turned up to max volume. Treat these like line inputs most of the time. When I did have my stock deck and hooked my iPod to the RCA Aux, turning it up to high produced distortion, which I absolutely expected to happen.

I never really put my ipod passed 75 percent volume, but when i did, i still never heard the noise....not only until i got my car back from the dealer.

GAbOS
08-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Of course 'popping' and 'distortion' can be two separate things. I just didn't wont people to get any false information on how these types of AUX inputs work and think that 100% device volume shouldn't produce distortion.

susafuss
08-08-2011, 05:54 PM

I am actually using a cable that plugs into the docking port, so I know this is not a volume problem. It will happen if I go to about 25 on the stereo but being that it is plugged into the docking port I can not adjust volume on the iPad/iPod/iphone

susafuss
08-08-2011, 05:58 PM
I never really put my ipod passed 75 percent volume, but when i did, i still never heard the noise....not only until i got my car back from the dealer.

Funny you say that, cause I never heard this noise till I took the car in to have them flush the trans and replace trans filter. I wonder if maybe this is a grounding problem and there is feedback in the speakers because of it.

GAbOS
08-08-2011, 06:15 PM
My bad. I thought you guys were talking about the non-mmc RCA aux inputs.

Gary
08-08-2011, 06:48 PM
I'm not sure if this will help your but I had a problem w/my radio several months ago. One side of the speakers sounded as if they were "blown" if you put in a cd or use the aux and the volume was very low even if you crank it up. I took my RA to the dealer and a service advisor told me that there was a recall or he had heard that the radio itself had issues and it wasn't the speakers. They replaced the radio at no cost to me and that fixed the problem.

Jackal
08-08-2011, 07:01 PM
I am getting my stock radio replaced on Monday for the second time. My speakers sound ok on radio but on CD when I am driving sometimes I lose sound to one side or the other depending on how big the bump or pothole I hit. We have crappy roads here and if the bump is fairly bad it goes back to track one then all sorts of error codes start coming up and I have to sometimes turn off the ignition wait then turn it on to get the disk to play or eject. Hope to get an after market deck during Boxing Day sales. This is a known documented recall issue with the stock deck, vibrations over time damages something within the deck.

susafuss
08-08-2011, 07:02 PM
My bad. I thought you guys were talking about the non-mmc RCA aux inputs.

No you and I are thinking of the same thing, I think lol

This is basically the cable I am using, I am using a iPod docking cable into aux RCA input
http://www.ramelectronics.net/ipod-mp3/ipod-cables/ipod-extreme-series/i-extreme-ipod-docking-to-stereo-rca-cable/prodIFEPDRCA.html

GAbOS
08-08-2011, 07:57 PM
I got ya now. :D

I was not about to pay the cash for that. I upgraded to a single din with usb and iPod ready. I use flash drives more than not now though. :cool:

Using an RCA to din (headphone jack) will distort when you over use the volume on the device. :o

susafuss
08-08-2011, 08:45 PM
I got ya now. :D

I was not about to pay the cash for that. I upgraded to a single din with usb and iPod ready. I use flash drives more than not now though. :cool:

Using an RCA to din (headphone jack) will distort when you over use the volume on the device. :o

I will probably do the same though i really dont want to till the end of the year, as i never use cds(hell threw them all out years ago) all my music is on a ipod. That was the only thing i did not like about the lancer was the lack of a usb hub on the 2010.