PDA

View Full Version : Price of your RA???

downwithRA
06-29-2009, 11:49 PM
Hello everyone? I found this forum after doing some research on the Lancer Ralliart. It is a car that has really grown on me and I have actually talked my wife into it to =).

We went to a Mitsubishi dealership the other day so I can show it to her in person. We weren't expecting to go home with a car that day, but you know how salespeople are. They haggled us to sit down and run some numbers. After almost walking out a few times and saying we'll think about it, the sales manager gave us a "pitch" and said we can offer you the RA for $438/mo - $0at signing. All this time our conversation was based on 60 months of payments with their special 0% financing. My wife is not much of an impulse buyer, so she asked to think about it. The next day, we called the sales manager. Instead of 60 months, he quoted us 84 months at $438/mo. That's $37000+ OTD...WTF!!!

Anyways, I guess that first part is me venting. I wanted to see what other members ended up paying for their RAs. What was your OTD - including tax and fees.

Thanks in advance. I'm hoping I can actually come back to the forum as an owner of an RA. Appreciate the feedback!

Ladogaboy
06-30-2009, 11:33 AM
Mine was 30k OTD with the Recaro package. I still think I overpaid a little because I should have waited for the '09s to be discounted a little more and gone to a more reputable dealer. The finance officer lied to me and added some things into the sales package without informing me (they were optional and an additional charge that increased the base cost of the vehicle).

If you are buying an '09 right now, insist that they drop the price before taxes/registration to no more than 24k for base and maybe 26k with Recaro package. If your credit score is over 720, get the 60 month 0 APR. If your credit is under 720, you might still qualify for 0 APR for 48 months. If you have any APR other than 0%, you will be paying at least 20-30% of the vehicle's value in interest.

Even with 0 APR, you might want to put some money down. Use your down payment to control your monthly payments, and DO NOT let the salesmen play a game with "So, how much do you want to pay per month?" because they will try to sneak extra, unnecessary items into the package to manipulate your monthly payments. Or, they will try to lure you in with lower monthly payments based on a longer-term, higher-APR loan. Only talk bottom-line, OTD prices... let the loan payments take care of themselves.

MTZL
06-30-2009, 09:37 PM
29k OTD for 09 GG Lancer Ralliart with Navigation (Dealer package)
8K Down and 21K on Finance 352/mo for 60/mo 0% APR
I didnt get any rebate. :(

if you read the fine print about 0% APR still charge x amount for every 1K increments. down payments just make your monthly lower.

I made an agreement at 29K OTD with taxes, license, etc.
I made 8K down payments that made my monthly to 352/mo. x 60 =21K

Sticker was 32K with (Dealer Package) dont let them base the numbers on the sticker. Be firm on how much you think its worth to you and how much you wanna pay for it.

I went through five dealerships to find this deal.

I saw somewhere on maybe diff forum someone somewhere got one for 22K
I could of got a test drive 09 WW Ralliart for around 22K before tax with 1,800 miles on it. When I got back from the bank it was sold out. :(

Dont get sucked into double shipping and destination charge (watch out for this one)
Tax is unavoidable depends on where you live/buy remember the difference in rate. Go get a car from nearest cheapest in tax rate (just be greatful you are not buying a house with property tax every year!)

Remember dealers got those sales person on quota. They have to sell "x" number of cars in "x" amount of time. They need to sell as much as you wanna buy. Be firm on how much you want to pay! Run away from over priced dealers and teach them a lesson by not buying from them. 37K is a price of a EVO!! Lower price = repetition, Repetition = more business.

Keep looking, have patient.
Save the quotes for ref. and compare!
Good luck! Hope to see ya here with your RA soon!