PDA

View Full Version : Basemap/tuning help

HokieRalliart
08-17-2011, 07:58 PM
I am an owner of a 2009 ralliart and I am interested in getting a basemap and was wondering what my steps are to get one and what i should consider before getting one. I am running 93 octane and the car is all stock. Thanks!

MikeW-RRE
08-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Nothing to do as far as steps to get it other than you just download the base map from the internet. Right click and save as.

What to consider first? To put the basemap into the car's computer you need a $200 cable from Tactrix and the Openecu program installed onto a laptop. The very asking of this question kinda shows you are not quite ready to be doing this. Consider some more reading in one of the GST RalliArt basemap threads. LOTS of reading.

Can you hook up with some local EVO guys that have been where you are going? Someone local might have a cable already and be more experienced with connecting to your computer.

Mike W

BravoZero
08-18-2011, 05:12 AM
On EvolutionM, there is a thread dedicated to the GST Basemaps. The first post has all of the information about the maps, how to flash them and how to set up openECU. Bryan even goes into detail on how to log with Mode23 activated on the basemaps.