PDA

View Full Version : Borla on Sportback?

Ralli
08-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Anyone know if Borla's exhaust will work on on a Sportback? Their site says "sedan" but Im not sure if it makes any difference?

BravoZero
08-27-2011, 09:50 PM
The mounting points are probably the same as the sedan, so I'm sure it will fit. If so go for it, awesome system.

wwralliart77
08-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Don't think it'll be a direct bolt on deal, but I'm sure it'll fit with some modification. I remember seeing a thread similar to this a while ago, hmmm...?

Ralli
08-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Anyone who know's a link to that thread please post it up, Im interested in knowing what, if anything, needs to be changed between a Sportback and Sedan exhaust system.

razorlab
08-28-2011, 02:42 PM
The mounting points are all the same.

The only difference is the rear bumper cover.

Ralli
08-28-2011, 05:32 PM
The only difference is the rear bumper cover.

Im not sure that's 100% helpful...if the bumper cover gets in the way of the tips Im not big on the idea of rigging it to work.

Anyone with a sedan want to find the center of their car and then measure to the center of one of the exhaust tips? If I do the same and the measurements match that means the aftermarket tips will come out in the same place and wont hit anything on my bumper cover.

BravoZero
08-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Im not sure that's 100% helpful...if the bumper cover gets in the way of the tips Im not big on the idea of rigging it to work.

Anyone with a sedan want to find the center of their car and then measure to the center of one of the exhaust tips? If I do the same and the measurements match that means the aftermarket tips will come out in the same place and wont hit anything on my bumper cover.

All you have to do is look at the back of a Ralliart sedan and Sportback, look at the difference between where the stock exhaust extends. Both cars have the same mounting points and the same catback system.

razorlab
08-28-2011, 05:57 PM

?? Maybe 99% helpful? ;)

The holes are in the same place, just the bumper covers are cosmetically different.

I'd imagine just knowing the stock OEM catback is the same on both sedan and sportback would be enough to figure that one out. ;)

Ralli
08-28-2011, 06:16 PM
I'd imagine just knowing the stock OEM catback is the same on both sedan and sportback would be enough to figure that one out. ;)

I did'nt know the stock OEM cat back is the same on both the sedan and sportback. If I did do you think I would've ever asked the question? If you had said that before then THAT would've been 100%. If that's the case why do all the aftermarkets say "for sedan"?

Bravo, Ralliarts are EXTREMELY rare around here. As a matter of fact, I have the only one. The only Ralliart OR EVO for that matter so I cant just look at a sedan. I live about an hour outside St. Louis and had to order my Ralli from Michagan.

BravoZero
08-28-2011, 06:27 PM
I did'nt know the stock OEM cat back is the same on both the sedan and sportback. If I did do you think I would've ever asked the question? If you had said that before then THAT would've been 100%. If that's the case why do all the aftermarkets say "for sedan"?

Bravo, Ralliarts are EXTREMELY rare around here. As a matter of fact, I have the only one. The only Ralliart OR EVO for that matter so I cant just look at a sedan. I live about an hour outside St. Louis and had to order my Ralli from Michagan.

Whoa, relax dude, he's just messing with you.

And I didn't mean you have to look at one in person, google pics of similar shots of the rear bumpers on both models and study them.

Basically, it'll fit no problem. The only difference is the Borla tips will sit further in since the Sportback bumper sticks out more.

Ralli
08-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Im totally relaxed dude. WTH?:confused:

I dont think much is gained by looking at pics off the net, I dont want to blow a grand and have to cut up the system to make it fit, that was the whole point of asking ahead of time. If its KNOWN that it would fit, that's all anyone had to say, lol.

MTZL
08-28-2011, 06:49 PM
best to search a member with SB & borla.
or
wait for someone to chime in with SB about exhaust fitment.
(bryan@gst) he has a sb. only sb I know in the bay area California. ;)

I have a sedan.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/2152/dscn2169go.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6341/dscn2171l.jpg

Center to center is 33inches (Stock exhaust)

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1747/dscn2172k.jpg

Center of exhaust to the bumper is approx. over 3inches.
Sorry just did a quick measure (not exact)

MTZL
08-28-2011, 06:57 PM
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/3417/dscn1922b.jpg
Sedan mounting points.

Hope it helps a bit for ya.

Ralli
08-28-2011, 07:01 PM
That's the problem too, not many SB's around it seems. I needed a dog hauler, my German Shepard would've been p.o.'d had I bought a sedan. He would've hated being put in a trunk, lol. Good to know bryan has a SB and no, I did'nt mean anything harsh in his direction. Thanks a million for the measurement and the pics, its very helpful. Had my wife not just taken the car to work I could figure this out right now, lol. Oh well, it will be settled tomorrow. Thanks again!

Oh I should say at first glance, it definately looks identical, but that's by memory. I'll know for sure when I can take the laptop out to the car tomorrow.

wwralliart77
08-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Seems like someone confirmed fitment of the UR exhaust produced for the sedan on the sportback. http://clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=424
Super Street Mag is also running the DC Sports Dual Tip system on their Project Ralliart Sportback. http://www.superstreetonline.com/techarticles/sstp_1010_project_ralliart_sportback_upgrades/index.html
I'm guessing that most aftermarket exhaust systems produced for the sedan should fit the sportback.

razorlab
08-29-2011, 02:59 PM
For another data point that could make you feel better is that I have a Magnaflow on my Sportback that is the same as the sedan and it fits perfect.

Ralli
08-29-2011, 06:01 PM
That's cool guys. From what you've all brought forth Im certain it will work.

Bryan, I hope you did'nt think I was being over the top. Seems like unless you use a ton of smileys people think you're getting pissy. That was'nt the case and I hope you realize that. Oh...:D