PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Forum

TrailBrake
09-13-2011, 06:53 AM
It would be nice to have a Canadian forum on this message board.

There are a number of members on here from Canada that would like to share observations on part availability, dealer service, etc. which are specific to being in Canada, without being overshadowed by the abundance of other model discussion, as happens on other message boards.

Fellow Canadian RA owners, please let me know if you agree.

BravoZero
09-13-2011, 07:17 AM
Good luck... the way it runs around here, we can't even get Moderators established, let alone a separate forum.

Perab
09-13-2011, 07:36 AM
Seconded. It would be nice to talk to some fellow Canadians about their RA related experiences...

TrailBrake
09-13-2011, 08:17 AM
Good luck... the way it runs around here, we can't even get Moderators established, let alone a separate forum.

Hopefully someone in power will eventually see this thread

Scarab23
09-13-2011, 08:54 AM
+1 we need the great white north recognized! i like clubralliart better than evom, i don't want to have to go there to talk with people in canada. especially for sales and such

TrailBrake
09-13-2011, 11:03 AM
It would also be nice to get together in person with other RA owners in the same area of the country.

There are other car clubs that cater to Lancers, but they seem a little too boy-racerish for my taste.

Mu-Meson
09-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Hiya everyone! Just joined, and I'm getting my 2011 RA in the next couple days (so psyched!) and found this place while webcrawling about modding/tuning. Any Calgarians here? I'm a complete beginner to mods but eager to learn.

Jackal
09-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Agreed I don't think we really need our own forum just maybe a permanent thread for our selves. I can't speak for everyone in Canada but in Manitoba its basically 2 seasons Winter or Construction.

All in all our roads are among the worst in North America and size and depth of the pot holes here never ceases to amaze me. Constantly have to tywrap my front end and under panels back together as the plastic pop clips and screws eventually fall out from the constant jarring the suspension takes from our horrible roads.

TrailBrake
09-13-2011, 05:01 PM
The roads in Ontario are thankfully not quite that bad :)

BeeGee
09-14-2011, 04:53 AM
It would be nice to have a Canadian forum on this message board.

There are a number of members on here from Canada that would like to share observations on part availability, dealer service, etc. which are specific to being in Canada, without being overshadowed by the abundance of other model discussion, as happens on other message boards.

Fellow Canadian RA owners, please let me know if you agree.

Second that!

TrailBrake
09-14-2011, 07:11 AM
Failing getting a proper forum of our own, which section of this site would be most appropriate for a permanent Canadian thread?

MTZL
09-14-2011, 09:25 AM
This looks like a job for Blaze or drmosh.
I guess they dont trust me enough to move/create/delete threads on this forum. Im only a moderator by title, I dont have any special options or privileges.

Making a section takes 15sec top. Depends on how slow the connection is.

I concur with having Canadian section eh. :cool:

Blaze?
drmosh?

jRox
09-14-2011, 10:01 AM
+1. :rolleyes:

This looks like a job for Blaze or drmosh.
I guess they dont trust me enough to move/create/delete threads on this forum. Im only a moderator by title, I dont have any special options or privileges.

Making a section takes 15sec top. Depends on how slow the connection is.

I concur with having Canadian section eh. :cool:

Blaze?
drmosh?
Didn't Blaze say he would give you more privileges? This forum is a mess.

MTZL
09-14-2011, 10:07 AM
:D saying vs doing it is two different things. :rolleyes:

Im pushing my way into tech shop/school to learn to be more technical.
I probably wont have as much free time in the near future. :(

zeRep85
09-14-2011, 10:32 AM
whoa whoa zimmerdown now...

if there is going to be a Canadian section i want a Mexican section!!!

haha

Jk

zeRep :P

TrailBrake
09-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Any thoughts on a Toronto-area gathering for spring 2012?

It would be nice to have a RA-only outing, free of any big-ego Evo owners ;)

Jackal
09-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Well I could meet you guys half way lets say Thunder Bay Ontario LOL ! But yeah Im serious I would be willing to drive all the way to Thunderbay for a meet and I envy you guys because the stretch from Toronto to Thunder Bay is an awesome drive. Winnipeg to Thunder Bay not so much.

p1llar
09-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Well I could meet you guys half way lets say Thunder Bay Ontario LOL ! But yeah Im serious I would be willing to drive all the way to Thunderbay for a meet and I envy you guys because the stretch from Toronto to Thunder Bay is an awesome drive. Winnipeg to Thunder Bay not so much.

We should jsut have a meet in Winnipeg, it's dead smack in the middle of Canada :p

TrailBrake
09-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Maybe regional meetings will work out better ;)

Jackal
09-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Hey Im up for whatever let's plan something for next summer.

admin
09-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. We can totally add a Canadian forum. This is an international forum, after all. :)

Also, we'll need a moderator in Canada for this section.

MTZL
09-26-2011, 09:52 PM
So... when are we going to get some controls for the whole forum?
Limitation of my current control is giving out "red card",
would be nice to have a whistle too. maybe a stripe shirt. :rolleyes:

I would be glad to see someone with some organization skills with forum control to keep things organized. I dont really care who does it.

TrailBrake
09-27-2011, 04:55 AM
So... when are we going to get some controls for the whole forum?
Limitation of my current control is giving out "red card",
would be nice to have a whistle too. maybe a stripe shirt. :rolleyes:

I would be glad to see someone with some organization skills with forum control to keep things organized. I dont really care who does it.

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a company behind this website?

When I was in the Porsche world, Rennlist was the big site, and it was run by a company that did a fair job in terms of support.

It would be nice if that was the case here as well.

MTZL
09-27-2011, 08:15 AM
From what I know drmosh made this forum.
He had given some friends or members on here forum control when the site initially was started. Since then most of them doesnt frequent this site.

I bitched for a min or so, now Im over it. It is what it is.
I dont like to complain, dont like people who complain.
I just do the best I can when I can.

I know afew people that would be willing to help keep this site organized but I dont have control so back to square one.

TrailBrake
09-28-2011, 07:00 AM
Any volunteers to be the Canadian moderator? I'm sure there are many Canadian members that have been here much longer than I have.

jRox
09-29-2011, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. We can totally add a Canadian forum. This is an international forum, after all. :)

Also, we'll need a moderator in Canada for this section.
Sweet. You can add it to your long to-do list. But why not take care of priorities first?

1. Giving EXISTING moderators PRIVILEGES to actually MODERATE the forums.

To the ADMINS: There's a lot of talk of doing this, and doing that, but nothing gets done. Put it in the hands of people who are actually willing to take care of the forum.

Scarab23
09-29-2011, 07:58 AM
i would do it. my name scarab23 hasn't been here for long, but my previous name Ralliart23 has been for a long time. i just switched recently.

Perab
09-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Anyone in here from New Brunswick? I never see any around but it would be cool to hear from some RA owners in my area :)

TrailBrake
10-13-2011, 04:54 AM
BUMP.

Has anyone been appointed moderator?

BravoZero
10-13-2011, 05:21 AM
BUMP.

Has anyone been appointed moderator?

None of the Mods or Admins have done a damn thing since the issue of HAVING more Moderator power/options, so I am 99.9% sure no one has done anything about creating a separate section for you guys.

It's a shame really, it seems like the Admins just don't care. I've seen sites worse than this but with Mods and Admins that actually do their jobs.

TrailBrake
10-13-2011, 07:38 AM
That's discouraging :(

I like it here much better than EvoM.

MTZL
10-13-2011, 08:26 AM
I will give up my title since it doesnt mean anything.
Moderator doesnt have any control over the forum.
Admin or Higher are the folks with control.

Moderator like me is just like any other members.

I have left feedback but it is still up to the Admin or higher.

Sorry guys, I know how you guys feel trust me.
Thing I want to do & what needs to be done but cant do them.
Feel like Im hitting invisible walls..

Basically, it has to do with money & time.
This site doesnt generate enough money so the admin or the owner doesnt have time for it.

BravoZero
10-13-2011, 08:50 AM
I will give up my title since it doesnt mean anything.
Moderator doesnt have any control over the forum.
Admin or Higher are the folks with control.

Moderator like me is just like any other members.

I have left feedback but it is still up to the Admin or higher.

Sorry guys, I know how you guys feel trust me.
Thing I want to do & what needs to be done but cant do them.
Feel like Im hitting invisible walls..

Basically, it has to do with money & time.
This site doesnt generate enough money so the admin or the owner doesnt have time for it.

MTZL, I emailed the Admins this morning and addressed the multiple issues with Moderation on this site, and mentioned that since you're on here every day that you need to have those Mod powers if you're actually going to have the title of Moderator. I'd really hate to see this site fail because of the lack of authority and organization.

TheBlackBeast
10-21-2011, 01:03 PM
MTZL, I emailed the Admins this morning and addressed the multiple issues with Moderation on this site, and mentioned that since you're on here every day that you need to have those Mod powers if you're actually going to have the title of Moderator. I'd really hate to see this site fail because of the lack of authority and organization.

Canadian forum - check
Moderator privileges - check

Things should be better around here now. Please let MTZL or myself know if something needs to be addressed.

BravoZero
10-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Canadian forum - check
Moderator privileges - check

Things should be better around here now. Please let MTZL or myself know if something needs to be addressed.

Sweet, this place is going to have some new life very soon! :D

MTZL
10-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Yes, pm me as Im busy trying juggle multiple task.
For now I must go back to the slave ship. *whip crack*

TrailBrake
10-22-2011, 06:07 AM
This is great news!

Fellow Canucks, please stop by:
http://www.clubralliart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45