PDA

View Full Version : Diff upgrade

Livefast
09-24-2011, 12:54 AM
Have doing a lot searching,but cant find any....
So anyone have idea for front or/and rear diff upgrade?
I will need better grip and handling.

NFSLancerRA
09-24-2011, 10:18 AM
This is as good as it gets:

http://www.teamrip.com/EVOLUTION%20REAR%20DIFFERENTIAL%20SERVICE.html

I will be doing this towards the end of the year, hopefully. There are videos of the TRE rear differential on YouTube. That thing is a MONSTER.

NFSLancerRA
09-24-2011, 10:29 AM
In the absence of S-AYC, the 12-plate Max Lock rear differential is about the best you can do. Essentially, they re-work the existing friction plates in the rear differential. Although this is an analog service as opposed to a computer driven solution, you will be way ahead of the curve with this upgrade. It isn't too well known, but it is definitely worth it...and the price is more than right.

MTZL
09-24-2011, 10:48 AM
I have my eyes on the cusco RS or MZ. Havent really decided yet.
Long way to go for this upgrade.
TRE is another good option for a tail happy mod.
I know afew autocross champs that uses them.

NFSLancerRA
09-24-2011, 11:23 AM
I like tail-happy. Might as well go all out. Some serious auto-x and rally guys use the TRE rear differential. The key is that it can take a serious beating. There is nothing wrong with Cusco, though.

Livefast
09-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Nice to know that TRE option. Have to think about it too.
Now im thinking go Cusco front and rear... Couple months time to think,before decision.
Cusco would be better for ME,because i dont have to send oem unit with expensive shipping and i also keep oem ones untouchable.

Thanks for help and giving different options!

NFSLancerRA
09-26-2011, 09:19 PM
The Cusco differentials, converted into USD, are $1,500. The front is even more expensive, just FYI.

Livefast
09-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Yup,i know. I can get little bit off and i think prices itīs all worth it. We will see...
There is also coming a lot of new parts to my car,so two lsdīs doesnt hurth anymore :)