PDA

View Full Version : Semi-New RA owner in Redlands

pheonix75
09-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Finally posting....sold my WRX and bought a Outback(for the wife and mountains)...was missing something in my life still, went to carmax to buy a 4 door wrangler and walked out with the Ralliart(8000 miles on it)! Had wanted one for a while but couldnt find any in socal, so literally walked upon this in the parking lot of carmax. Had it since March, the wife wouldnt let me do anything to it till I sold my 1970 Torino. The Torino sold and now the fun begins. In the last 3 weeks I have already installed a Evo X FMIC, BOV, Depo Racing UICP, and last week installed a Borla Catback! On friday its going in to Mike at RRE for a tune. Havent got pics of it lately but heres the pics from Carmax.

wwralliart77
09-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Welcome and congrats on the purchase!
I stay in Rancho Cucamonga so I might see you on the streets ;)

BravoZero
09-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Welcome and congrats! Pics of the Torino? I have a soft spot for older Fords, my grandfather used to own an old Torino and a 1970 Mach I Mustang.

pheonix75
09-27-2011, 11:00 AM
I miss it, but needed to pay off some bills, I am hunting for a 69 or 70 mustang fastback for my next project if anyone hears of some good deals :D I did all the work on it, engine 351c, interior, u name it....i do miss her. Turned the granny car to a beast.

wwralliart77
09-27-2011, 11:03 AM
The sister has a 65 mustang fastback and her boyfriend just picked up a 71 mustang mach 1.

BravoZero
09-27-2011, 11:05 AM
I miss it, but needed to pay off some bills, I am hunting for a 69 or 70 mustang fastback for my next project if anyone hears of some good deals :D I did all the work on it, engine 351c, interior, u name it....i do miss her. Turned the granny car to a beast.

I had the sudden urge to fap while sitting at my desk at work... beautiful car dude. Sucks to see it go, that's not exactly a car you see very frequently.

pheonix75
09-27-2011, 11:08 AM
The sister has a 65 mustang fastback and her boyfriend just picked up a 71 mustang mach 1.

Nice! Yeah i want another one within a year. Gonna search for the right one..I already restored a 70 mustang coupe, sold it to some pop star from New Zealand, its been on tv...so next project will be my keeper.

pheonix75
09-27-2011, 11:12 AM
I had the sudden urge to fap while sitting at my desk at work... beautiful car dude. Sucks to see it go, that's not exactly a car you see very frequently.

It hurt, but Ive probably owned 20 cars in the last 13 years....haha. Love the project, next one I'm planning on keeping though. The RA is my commuter. The Torino was one of a kind, never have seen any in socal like that one. Had it completely dialed in. The new owner scored.

MTZL
09-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Beautiful Torino, I would've stuck 429 from cobra.
Nicely modded Torino none the less.

Original Interior, I used to upholster old school muscle cars.
Clean Engine bay.
Nice trunk & clean setup.

How much did you throw it away for? :D

Oh yeah, Welcome to the club.
Your RA is faster right? Better mpg at least? lol.

pheonix75
09-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Beautiful Torino, I would've stuck 429 from cobra.
Nicely modded Torino none the less.

Original Interior, I used to upholster old school muscle cars.
Clean Engine bay.
Nice trunk & clean setup.

How much did you throw it away for? :D

Oh yeah, Welcome to the club.
Your RA is faster right? Better mpg at least? lol.

I will save the 429 for the next mustang I get...Yeah i pulled the bench out of the front and slapped the bucket seats in there. I actually didn't do too bad selling it, I wasn't upside down! ;)
RA is quicker, my back wheels dont sit there and spin for 30 seconds before I start moving....as far as better mpg..not how I drive so far with the sound of my new Borla exhaust...I feel like I'm in a race car.

BravoZero
09-27-2011, 12:10 PM
I forgot you said you had the Borla... I do too on mine, had one on every car I've owned and modded so far. Love it!

pheonix75
09-27-2011, 12:18 PM
I forgot you said you had the Borla... I do too on mine, had one on every car I've owned and modded so far. Love it!

Yeah, I had actually read your post and saw ur pics before purchasing it...Im not a fan of that high pitchy exhaust some have, I love the low rumble till you step on it and it opens up. Just hopin not to catch the popo's attention too much.

MTZL
09-27-2011, 12:34 PM
I envy you guys, Borla is out of the question for me. CA Laws prevent me to have one. :( Dont want to keep giving the system my hard earned money. :p

BravoZero
09-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I had actually read your post and saw ur pics before purchasing it...Im not a fan of that high pitchy exhaust some have, I love the low rumble till you step on it and it opens up. Just hopin not to catch the popo's attention too much.

I'm not a fan of loud ricey exhausts either, and only a few for the Ralliart fit what I was looking for. It was either the Borla or UR with all of the add-ons. Chose the Borla in the end and I'm very happy with it. Knock on wood... I haven't been stopped for it yet, but if I do it will be a triple whammy... tinted plate covers, modified suspension and aftermarket exhaust system, lol.

E46byeRAhi
09-27-2011, 01:40 PM
modified suspension is illegal there?

BravoZero
09-27-2011, 01:58 PM
modified suspension is illegal there?

Not so much the fact that it's modified, but how low the car sits. In VA, the bottom of the actual bumper bar behind the bumper cover can be no lower than 14" off the ground, I sit at 15" as it is. Unfortunately, Fairfax County cops are strict about modified vehicles, unlike Loudoun County where I used to live.

I don't think they'd pull me over JUST for the suspension, but if they do for one of those items, it will easily accumulate to whatever he can find in that traffic stop.

Blaze
09-27-2011, 07:42 PM
haha...I did a photo shot in the same alley you did w/your torino.

http://clubralliart.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1138&d=1317146414
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk252/BlazeGT4/Ralliart/IMG_0401.jpg

pheonix75
09-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Thats awesome! I was waiting to get my ralliart in there next, u beat me to it! Ur car is sick...looks amazing there. Now just need one in front of smiley library.

pheonix75
10-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Mike at RRE hooked it up! Tuned and boost pill. Great experience, learned a bit bout my car and had the Funnest drive home!
Heres the results....

wwralliart77
10-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Nice looking numbers! I also hit up RRE for my tune. I need to go back and get retuned :D

BravoZero
10-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Wish I had a tuner like RRE or GST or any of those guys on the east coast. The closest REPUTABLE tuner is CBRD and they're about two hours or more from me.

pheonix75
10-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Wish I had a tuner like RRE or GST or any of those guys on the east coast. The closest REPUTABLE tuner is CBRD and they're about two hours or more from me.

Yeah I had a couple to choose from, but swinging by RRE and meeting Mike just made the decision much easier...def nice on the west coast, other than california's emissions and lovely c.h.p. ....they're not so fun. Oh well, can't win it all.