PDA

View Full Version : New Ralliart in San Diego!

SubjecttoChange
10-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Just got a 2011 GG Ralliart and so far it's great! I can't wait to get some mods going though. Anyone in SD area have an RA- I've only seen a few around Socal.

BravoZero
10-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Welcome! There are quite a few CA members here... no love for the east coast, lol.

SubjecttoChange
10-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the welcome! I've seen a few in LA, but only one or two in SD. Just curious.

I'm sure there's at least a few back east! Gotta love the AWD in the winters right?

BravoZero
10-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Damn straight, this car with the stock Yoko summer tires did fine in the snow we got this past winter. AWC snow mode FTW.

SubjecttoChange
10-07-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm really looking forward to using the Snow mode in our harsh San Diego winter. It might get as cold as 50°F! lol

It's surprising that the stock Yoko's did well. Whatever works though.

Thanks again for the welcome BravoZero. I'm envying your setup on your signature. How are you liking it? What's next? I'm going to head over to see Mike at RRE when it's broken in- but it's worth comparing notes.

xwxspawnxwx
10-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Welcome! w00t for GG Ralliart :)

Seems like everyone with a Ralliart is located in SoCal... and as Bravo said no love for east! I have yet to see a Ralliart on a road in Ohio except the ones they just got in at my dealer heh

BravoZero
10-07-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm really looking forward to using the Snow mode in our harsh San Diego winter. It might get as cold as 50°F! lol

It's surprising that the stock Yoko's did well. Whatever works though.

Thanks again for the welcome BravoZero. I'm envying your setup on your signature. How are you liking it? What's next? I'm going to head over to see Mike at RRE when it's broken in- but it's worth comparing notes.

No worries.

As far as mods, I'm done for the moment, need to get my finances in order before I buy anything else. I like the setup I have so far... the Borla is nice, the BC coilovers handle well, the Kenwood nav system is cool... overall I'm happy with what I've done thus far, but I still have a ways to go. I still have to get new wheels and tires, upgrade my intercooler and piping, might do a battery relocation to the trunk so I can use an OEM EvoX intake system, definitely need to upgrade the brakes as well.

Like I said... LONG way to go yet! If you have any questions about any of my mods in particular let me know. Ask the other members about theirs as well to get some useful info about what to buy/install :D

RalliNurse
10-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Welcome to the MadHouse....

Yeah...def check out mike@rre or rallinspired...both r extremly knowledgeable...can't go wrong w/either of them...

Any questions search or post...we got good peeps here!

SubjecttoChange
10-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Thanks everyone for the Welcome!

@BravoZero- I know what you mean, I feel like I've spent all of my future extra money on my mod list. I checked out the coilovers- what did that set you back? Why Borla over... say- any other option?

@xwxspawnxwx- Got to represent the GG. Funny story though. Before I bought my RA- I had a friend send me a link and said "you should do this to your ralliart if you end up getting gray". It was a link to your show and shine. Props man- looks great!

@RalliNurse- thanks for the welcome- I hope we're not all mad... ok maybe a little bit. I'm sure I'll have plenty of mod questions as time goes on.

BravoZero
10-07-2011, 12:34 PM
@BravoZero- I know what you mean, I feel like I've spent all of my future extra money on my mod list. I checked out the coilovers- what did that set you back? Why Borla over... say- any other option?

I got a deal on the BC's from a vendor on EvolutionM, about $950 shipped. I had them professionally installed since I've never owned coilovers before.

I chose the Borla simply because I've owned a Borla on every car I've owned and modded in the past. I love the sound and the quality of the system. Yes they're not cheap, but you get what you pay for and I couldn't be more pleased with the Borla on my Ralliart.

SubjecttoChange
10-07-2011, 12:57 PM
That is a deal on coilovers! Not bad at all! Front only? Pretty comfortable for DD?

I was mostly curious about exhaust. Borla does sound pretty awesome- can't argue there. It is a bit more expensive, but if you like it- it's worth the extra cash over settling for something else.

BravoZero
10-07-2011, 01:53 PM
That is a deal on coilovers! Not bad at all! Front only? Pretty comfortable for DD?

I was mostly curious about exhaust. Borla does sound pretty awesome- can't argue there. It is a bit more expensive, but if you like it- it's worth the extra cash over settling for something else.

Coilovers all around. About 1.5 inches lower than stock.

The quality of the materials and the fact that it's very rust resistant makes it worth it, plus Borla's warranty.

xwxspawnxwx
10-08-2011, 10:25 AM
@xwxspawnxwx- Got to represent the GG. Funny story though. Before I bought my RA- I had a friend send me a link and said "you should do this to your ralliart if you end up getting gray". It was a link to your show and shine. Props man- looks great!

Glad you liked it! I'm sure your GG will end up looking great. CAn't wait to see it .... keep us updated!

SubjecttoChange
10-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Thanks! I hope so- had some fun with plastidip doing the various chrome pieces... but nothing crazy... yet.

I'm stoked though for this new found way in which to spend any and all of my extra money!

SubjecttoChange
02-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Thanks to xwxspawnxwx... it's time for an update!

A few months back, picked up a Magnaflow catback, Evo IC/piping and BOV from yip and cruised over to RRE. Only had time for the install, and not a tune, so I'm in a bit of an odd spot right now.

I'd love to get a tune- and may end up doing that in the near future... but I really don't want to void my warranty as I'm still uneasy about these trannies. Mine has acted up a bit but not enough for me to bring it in. That said- I don't know if anyone would do a better job than Mike@RRE.

I'm currently evaluating getting a low mileage Evo (sorry guys) with a proper manual or just keeping this thing and biting the bullet. I know it'd run better with a tune... but still.

Everything aside- I do really like driving this car and I'd miss it.

toddy
02-29-2012, 03:22 AM
Just got a 2011 GG Ralliart and so far it's great! I can't wait to get some mods going though. Anyone in SD area have an RA- I've only seen a few around Socal.

new to the forum here i wanna give the information on the topics like education.Spreading the awareness of the slogan 'Education is must'.
Agree with me or not ?? It is my first question to all the members

BravoZero
02-29-2012, 07:34 AM
new to the forum here i wanna give the information on the topics like education.Spreading the awareness of the slogan 'Education is must'.
Agree with me or not ?? It is my first question to all the members

FUCKING SPAMMER! They're back!

SubjecttoChange
03-05-2012, 10:48 PM
FUCKING SPAMMER! They're back!

I agree on both accounts! Education is a must... and Spammer. Wow we're all getting along so nicely.

Rallirun
03-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Welcome! im from Encinitas! Let's cruise 101 Oceanside to Torrey Pines! LOL

ayS
03-05-2012, 11:16 PM

what part of San Diego are you from?

SubjecttoChange
03-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Sometimes 101 is the worst drive though... so much traffic! Still... I'm down, you ever driven through Elvin Forest or Del Dios Highway?

ayS- I'm located downtown SD. I work up in Sorrento Valley what about you?

ayS
03-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Sometimes 101 is the worst drive though... so much traffic! Still... I'm down, you ever driven through Elvin Forest or Del Dios Highway?

ayS- I'm located downtown SD. I work up in Sorrento Valley what about you?

East County. I used to work in Sorrento Valley too! Do you ever go to the HUGE monthly car meets? First Wednesday of every month.

SubjecttoChange
03-08-2012, 11:30 AM
No I haven't- where are these meets?

ayS
03-08-2012, 11:38 AM
They are Wednesdays in the eastlake area. And once a month in Clairemont, first week of the month. If you want next week we can go to the meet together and caravan. My nephew also has a evo. Let me know.

MTZL
03-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Welcome to the club. :cool:
Guess I miss this intro. Better late than never. :D

SubjecttoChange
03-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Thanks MTZL!

ayS- I'll let you know about the meets, probably show up to the one in Clairemont since it's so close to me.

ayS
03-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Thanks MTZL!

ayS- I'll let you know about the meets, probably show up to the one in Clairemont since it's so close to me.

Yeah it's kinda far, but a lot of cars show up. And it's decent. PM me your name and number if your interested in going. We can mob up in a group.:)

SubjecttoChange
03-08-2012, 04:17 PM
That'd be awesome!