PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard

joeskrobacz
07-13-2009, 01:04 PM
I just got off phone with ttp engineering and they said that the evo 10 springs would work fine for the 09 ralliart. Has anyone heard of this. Reason being i just tried to order RRM springs for my 09 ralliart and there on back order and i wanna get springs asap. Thanks for your help.

Ladogaboy
07-13-2009, 06:59 PM
I have only heard the opposite. The EVO X's springs do NOT work with the RA.

CarGuy
07-14-2009, 03:09 AM
I can only surmise here, but in the past Evos have used inverted struts on the front suspension. The RA is not based on the Evo, but rather the GTS. I've said it before and it's worth repeating, the RA is a GTS plus and not an Evo lite. It shares many more parts with GTS than Evo. The body in white IS GTS, so as far as suspension, I'd think the RA shares more components with GTS, but I am only using logic and I have been very wrong at times. The bottom line is that I'd do more research before I'd buy Evo springs.

I am traveling today otherwise I could make some calls to Mitsubishi and now that I think about it the Product Planning guys are in Japan right now anyway...

Ladogaboy
07-14-2009, 10:47 AM
From what I've read, you have two better options for springs that are guaranteed to fit already: RRM (Road Race) and Robispec. Tein will also be releasing springs for the RA soon.

In terms of lowering the car: Tein will lower the most; then RRM; then Robispec.

In terms of stiffness and performance: Robispec; RRM;and then (I can only assume) Tein.

My basic assessment thus far:

Tein for bling
RRM for daily driven/occasional auto-x and track
Robispec for auto-x and track

07outty
07-14-2009, 11:36 AM
EVO X spring will absolutely NOT fit.

they do not even look like our springs.

if you are hungry to lower your car and can not wait for RA specific springs.

you could find lowering springs for the 08/09 gts with the highest rate...

....and use them. would not be ideal , but would work.

xXLOUROXx
09-20-2009, 01:43 PM
correct I know that our suspension is built off the gts not the evo