PDA

View Full Version : HKS Legamax Premium Exhaust Questions

johnson kuo
10-18-2011, 08:58 PM
I just bought HKS Legamax Premium Exhaust from someone else. but one of my friend told me tat do not install the down pipe and AMS highflow cat cuz it will lose power and it is bed for my car...
Can anyone gives me some advices!!! plz and thank you

HKS Legamax Premium Exhaust (Rear Section & Center Pipe) + HKS DOWN PIPE + AMS HIGHFLOW CAT full set..

GAbOS
10-18-2011, 09:15 PM
I think I remember reading that unless you are really stringing out the max PSI from the stock turbo, it is not worth any more than a axle back at stock turbo trim and psi.

johnson kuo
10-18-2011, 09:28 PM
I think I remember reading that unless you are really stringing out the max PSI from the stock turbo, it is not worth any more than a axle back at stock turbo trim and psi.

Thx a lot of for ur advice. So do u recommend to put it on or take it off.

Scarab23
10-18-2011, 09:47 PM
its not a question if the down pipe and hi flow cat are going to hurt your car, if you have them put them on. what him and others may be referring to is that with an other wise stock car you won't be able to optimize the down pipe and hiflow cat to their potential thats all.

the only issues i can think of running this set-up is a loss in back pressure. i ran a full exhaust from the turbo back with a hi flow cat and down pipe for 4 months and had no issues whatsoever. now I'm on the stage 2 flash on my access port.

johnson kuo
10-19-2011, 12:53 AM
its not a question if the down pipe and hi flow cat are going to hurt your car, if you have them put them on. what him and others may be referring to is that with an other wise stock car you won't be able to optimize the down pipe and hiflow cat to their potential thats all.

the only issues i can think of running this set-up is a loss in back pressure. i ran a full exhaust from the turbo back with a hi flow cat and down pipe for 4 months and had no issues whatsoever. now I'm on the stage 2 flash on my access port.

Thank you!!

Splattj
10-19-2011, 04:38 AM
Your friend is probably referring to the fact that you will need a tune (or a different tune if you're already running something else) if you change out the downpipe/cat. If you just add the cat/axle-back section you can run without a tune/change.