PDA

View Full Version : hello

rickwick
10-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi everyone I just purchased a 2009 ralliart and know very little about the car, I am not new to the tuner. I currently have a 2004 srt4 completely modified for the track. I have always liked the lancer and EVO, so when I started car shopping for my wife I figured what better chance to get my hands on one. I do not want to make this car the monster that I have made my SRT into, but would still like to see it around the 400 to 500 hp range and pull some 120mph quarters with it. So any tips for some quick easy mods or some emissions that I can bypass would be much appreciated, as well as any tips with the systems in the car or heads up on weak points would be great.
Also I have a quick question as far as I can tell there is no way to read live boost on these cars stock, an aftermarket setup is required?

Right now in the works with the car

3" turbo back exhaust with high flow cat
Cold air intake
Large front mount intercooler
New BOV
Tune
And starting supporting moods for new turbo

Here are some Pics of the new toy

BravoZero
10-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Welcome!

First off as fair warning, good luck with getting a RELIABLE 400-500 hp out of the SST transmission, takes a lot of work and a perfect tune to be able to handle that stress. Not saying it's impossible, but time consuming and expensive.

If you have any questions just ask, that's what we're here for!

Scarab23
10-24-2011, 02:16 PM
haha I'm reading this thing and I'm laughing so hard. "i don't want to make this thing into a monster" (I'm thinking like okay its a dd, maybe a drop in filter or something)......... "only around 400 or 500 hp" :D

i love this guy already :D

why not make the ralliart the monster!!!!!!!!!!!

MTZL
10-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Welcome to the Club rickwick. :cool:

Weak points?

No Engine Oil Cooler (turbo engine run very hot)
Stock SST cooler not effective
Stock FMIC is not effective
Plastic BOV
Zip-tie fuel pressure regulator hose

Brakes are ok but could be better

rickwick
10-24-2011, 03:30 PM
haha I'm reading this thing and I'm laughing so hard. "i don't want to make this thing into a monster" (I'm thinking like okay its a dd, maybe a drop in filter or something)......... "only around 400 or 500 hp" :D

i love this guy already :D

why not make the ralliart the monster!!!!!!!!!!!

I would consider a monster of a car to be a 500 + hp and to be able to pull 130 + quarter mile. I know enough about the car to know that the motors can handle the power in fact the weakest point in the car is the drive train. Witch I know will not hold up to that kind of power. But then again from what I have seen in order to be reliable it will need to be upgraded anyway. The mods I am starting with are a start in a series of supporting mods for a turbo up grade. This car will eventually get my SRT's break in turbo which is a garret 60 trim. With this turbo and the correct mods to support it 400-500hp is easily reachable.

O and DD = Daily Driver

rickwick
10-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the Club rickwick. :cool:

Weak points?

No Engine Oil Cooler (turbo engine run very hot)
Stock SST cooler not effective
Stock FMIC is not effective
Plastic BOV
Zip-tie fuel pressure regulator hose

Brakes are ok but could be better

Thanks have u messed with the Cobb tuning yet

zeRep85
10-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Cold air intake

Hello Rick and welcome!

Names Ozzy, I go by zeRep on many forums

My only advice is not to get a cold air intake.

The filter would sit directly infront of the SST cooler AND once you swap to a bigger turbo the CAI will give you issues with fitment. You will have to do some customization.

400 HP or 400 AWHP?

rickwick
10-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Hello Rick and welcome!

Names Ozzy, I go by zeRep on many forums

My only advice is not to get a cold air intake.

The filter would sit directly infront of the SST cooler AND once you swap to a bigger turbo the CAI will give you issues with fitment. You will have to do some customization.

400 HP or 400 AWHP?

Thanks for the tip this must be why I see a lot of people on here running drop ins

zeRep85
10-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the tip this must be why I see a lot of people on here running drop ins

Exactly.

Also most people with some sort of aftermarket intake see ZERO gains after a tune. Our stock intake setup does a really good job for our itty bitty turbos.

zeRep

rickwick
10-24-2011, 04:51 PM
So what are the recomendations when going to a bigger turbo are the stock intakes still doing the best job?

Also a quick off the subject question. One thing I really do not like with the car is there is no way to read live boost. Am I missing something on the in dash display with the computer, or did they really not include a way to read boost level on these cars?

Scarab23
10-24-2011, 06:55 PM
So what are the recomendations when going to a bigger turbo are the stock intakes still doing the best job?

Also a quick off the subject question. One thing I really do not like with the car is there is no way to read live boost. Am I missing something on the in dash display with the computer, or did they really not include a way to read boost level on these cars?

you need an aftermarket gauge or monitor to monitor the boost levels.

Scarab23
10-24-2011, 06:57 PM
btw you keep saying srt, which srt do you have, neon, caliber, magnum, 300, charger, challenger, jeep?

zeRep85
10-24-2011, 06:58 PM

Some people go the Evo X aftermarket intake route...but that means relocating the battery to the trunk.

No way to read the boost stock. I eventually plan on going with this;

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.shtml

zeRep85
10-24-2011, 06:59 PM
btw you keep saying srt, which srt do you have, neon, caliber, magnum, 300, charger, challenger, jeep?

He said srt4 and i believe only the Neon is a srt4

rickwick
10-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks for all of the info guys it has been a big help this should be a fun side project, and at least now I know where I need to start.

Yes it is the neon srt4 that I have

MTZL
10-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Thanks have u messed with the Cobb tuning yet

No, currently they are not the most knowledgeable tuner for our Ralliart.
Maybe in the near/distant future they will be.

400-500hp? on the SRT4? that is going to be a money pit. FWD setup for 1/4 mile drag? How fast are you moving now in the SRT4?

eyedreamt
10-25-2011, 11:05 AM
No, he wants 400 - 500 HP on the RA, which he wants to be reliable and not go crazy with.... His SRT4 he went crazy with, so I figure based on what he has said, it should be well over 500 hp to be considered a beast if he considers 400 - 500 a reasonable DD.

rickwick
10-25-2011, 12:24 PM
No, currently they are not the most knowledgeable tuner for our Ralliart.
Maybe in the near/distant future they will be.

400-500hp? on the SRT4? that is going to be a money pit. FWD setup for 1/4 mile drag? How fast are you moving now in the SRT4?

The last run on the stock 2.4 I ran a 133mph at 11.4, the new motor is a 2.6 dcr stroker with way more power I am shooting for a high 9 sec run after I am done with the new turbo swap and trany swap. With the 2.6 and the old 60 trim so far it did a 147mph pass @ 10.62 with the old trany. I have about 15k into that car so far.

rickwick
10-25-2011, 12:33 PM
No, he wants 400 - 500 HP on the RA, which he wants to be reliable and not go crazy with.... His SRT4 he went crazy with, so I figure based on what he has said, it should be well over 500 hp to be considered a beast if he considers 400 - 500 a reasonable DD.

On a tuner 400-500 is a reasonable DD. It is very easy to control power levels on a car like this. It is as simple as pulling boost and loading your tuning for low boost on the street. To rising boost levels for the track and reloading tuning.

eyedreamt
10-25-2011, 12:33 PM
The last run on the stock 2.4 I ran a 133mph at 11.4, the new motor is a 2.6 dcr stroker with way more power I am shooting for a high 9 sec run after I am done with the new turbo swap and trany swap. With the 2.6 and the old 60 trim so far it did a 147mph pass @ 10.62 with the old trany. I have about 15k into that car so far.

Damn. Nice times, hope you get your 9 sec run your looking for.

Scarab23
10-25-2011, 01:35 PM
He said srt4 and i believe only the Neon is a srt4

caliber also has the srt4

but you're right i didn't even see him say srt4