PDA

View Full Version : EVO X Brembos on a RA?

TheBlackBeast
07-26-2009, 02:01 AM
Has anyone done this? Would additional parts be needed? Match the Master Brake Cylinder too?

Just curious mostly to see if it is a direct bolt on job that could be done with SSBL & motul 600...

CarGuy
07-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Anyone? I'm curious too.

TheBlackBeast
08-03-2009, 02:44 PM
I'll try to remember to ask RRE when I pick up my car on Wednesday what they think on this...

TheBlackBeast
08-07-2009, 03:57 PM
I asked Mike about this. He said he was pretty sure the fronts would bolt on ok, not sure about the rears. Doing this would definitely require new wheels to clear the bigger calipers / rotors.

So... another thing to save for.

xXLOUROXx
09-20-2009, 01:41 PM
yeah i was actually wondering the same thing about the calipers but what if u put like evo x rims on with the calipers you should clear correct ?

TheBlackBeast
09-21-2009, 07:47 PM
yeah i was actually wondering the same thing about the calipers but what if u put like evo x rims on with the calipers you should clear correct ?

Mike was talking in part a bit about the calipers not clearing the wheels, but also mounting points he was unsure about since the suspension design is different in the front. Brakes are the next thing I'm going to start saving for. By the time I can afford something, I hope there will be more options and info known.

PencE
05-13-2010, 02:28 PM
I did a try with evo 8 front and rear calipers, discs and unfortunatelly not fit at all, if the X uses the same (i bet it does) those won't fit as well.

On front the knuckles are different, that can be solved with custom made adaptors. But if done the dust shield is still blocking the installation so it has to be removed or modified (cut). When done the OEM wheels are to narrow and can't house the tandem type calipers. So X GSR wheel or at least an another adaptor needed. I do not know if the knuckles can be replaced to EVO X ones, the hub may be different too, but if can be done that would be an easier way. And soulution may vary depending on what disc do one want to use OEM ralliart or the bigger Evo.

On rear, the knuckle replacement is maybe the only way if possible, since it seems Mitsu did it deliberatelly impossible to get EVO brembo calipers to the ralliart. This one i gave up and finally installed an OEM Porsche 986 Boxster S 2 piston Brembo rear brake calipers, but additonal part were needed to be make.

Mondo
09-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Pence...I'm also looking into a big brake upgrade for my RA. For daily driving, the stock stoppers are cool, but I max my baby out!!! So...am I to understand Porsche 986 rear calipers fit on the RA? What kind of adjustments did you make?