PDA

View Full Version : Stolen 2010 Black Evo X MR Parts

MTZL
11-04-2011, 11:02 AM
One of my friend with 2010 Evo X MR recently got his car stripped/parts stolen.
(Hood, Bumper, Seats, Trunk, Rear bumper, Headlights, Taillights, BBS Rims, MMCS, fosgate sub, FMIC, Evo X stock Cat)

Please look out for Black 2010 Evo X Parts. I know hood & trunk has VIN numbers. This happened in Martinez, CA area. between 3am-6am.

Anyhow, the car is now at the bodyshop waiting for Insurance adjuster,
Bodyshop estimated 35-40k$ in parts. :eek:

It still has SST & 4b11T, Im trying to buy the X MR off the insurance co.
Suspension Bits & Brembo & subframe, AYC.

Has anyone have experience with buying a car thats totaled from insurance? How does it work?

I was told this may go to an auction..

BravoZero
11-04-2011, 11:35 AM
How the hell does this happen?

MTZL
11-04-2011, 11:59 AM
they had busted his window. Battery disconnected, I dont know if his horn was cut or anything. Yes it was in his driveway.

Im guessing somebody that live around his neighborhood.
Somebody that has good knowledge of the Evo X or has one.
Maybe someone that used to work at the dealership or work on these cars.
Most likely a group of people definitely not just one person.
Truck or Van.

The amount of parts taken & what was taken could've been lancer owner.
or
Evo X owner that wrecked/missing parts & looking for replacement parts.

This is the reason why Im all for cameras.

BravoZero
11-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Only in Kalifornia...

Just saying.

SubjecttoChange
11-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Only in Kalifornia...

Just saying.

Sad but true...

That really sucks though. They must have had a team of people that knew what they were doing. I hope this gets resolved quickly!

razorlab
11-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Only in Kalifornia...

Just saying.

There are only car thieves in California? That's news to me

MTZL,

The owner has to request the buy back price once the car is considered totaled. The owner then has to request to buy the car back and cut a check.

BravoZero
11-04-2011, 01:54 PM
There are only car thieves in California? That's news to me

Didn't say that. California has a pretty high crime rate and something like this doesn't surprise me. Hence when I said.... "just saying".

razorlab
11-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Didn't say that. California has a pretty high crime rate and something like this doesn't surprise me. Hence when I said.... "just saying".

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0309.pdf

I decided to educate myself after your comment.

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri_mot_veh_the-crime-motor-vehicle-theft

Looks like you are correct. #1 in motor vehicle theft. I can't find theft vs populous though. California is a HUGE state with alot of people. I'm sure that sways the data a bit.

MTZL
11-04-2011, 02:22 PM
MTZL,

The owner has to request the buy back price once the car is considered totaled. The owner then has to request to buy the car back and cut a check.

Thanks for the info Bryan, I remember you had bought a wreck evo.

I can see this getting more expensive than I estimate.

If it goes to the auction I can see that go over more than what it is worth.

I know Insurance will want to make some kind of money back from their lost. So buy back may not be as cheap as I thought it will be.

razorlab
11-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the info Bryan, I remember you had bought a wreck evo.

I can see this getting more expensive than I estimate.

If it goes to the auction I can see that go over more than what it is worth.

I know Insurance will want to make some kind of money back from their lost. So buy back may not be as cheap as I thought it will be.

I believe the owner has the option of buy back before it goes to auction. if they refuse, then it can go to auction.

Let me know how it goes. I might be willing in going in on it for the SST and some other things.

MTZL
11-04-2011, 02:32 PM
There are one in every; kind of race, gender, location, status, power, religion.

People at their worst. Lack of will power to be a man.
Kids lack of respect for other people property.
Lack of parenting, lack of discipline.

Some kids just need ass whooping by their parents to set em straight & it is very thin line between abuse & discipline.
Most of the time, lack of parental communication difference between right & wrong.

MTZL
11-04-2011, 02:37 PM
I believe the owner has the option of buy back before it goes to auction. if they refuse, then it can go to auction.

Let me know how it goes. I might be willing in going in on it for the SST and some other things.

Good to know. I will keep you posted.

Drew
11-04-2011, 03:19 PM

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0309.pdf

I decided to educate myself after your comment.

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri_mot_veh_the-crime-motor-vehicle-theft

Looks like you are correct. #1 in motor vehicle theft. I can't find theft vs populous though. California is a HUGE state with alot of people. I'm sure that sways the data a bit.

Actually, California has 37,200,000 people and 243,000 vehicle thefts per year. That works out to a 1 in 153 chance of getting your car stolen.

DC has 600,000 people and 7,300 vehicle thefts per year. That works out to a 1 in 82 chance of getting your car stolen.

That means you are almost TWICE as likely to get your car stolen in DC. I know it's not a state or a city, but it is next door to me. I'm not leaving my shiz on the mall anytime soon..lol.

BravoZero
11-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Actually, California has 37,200,000 people and 243,000 vehicle thefts per year. That works out to a 1 in 153 chance of getting your car stolen.

DC has 600,000 people and 7,300 vehicle thefts per year. That works out to a 1 in 82 chance of getting your car stolen.

That means you are almost TWICE as likely to get your car stolen in DC. I know it's not a state or a city, but it is next door to me. I'm not leaving my shiz on the mall anytime soon..lol.

I don't go to DC anyway. Roads are terrible for the suspension, I bottomed out my Eclipse numerous times when I owned it and drove through DC.

Besides, DC is the smelly, corrupt armpit of the mid atlantic/east coast anyway. I'd rather go to Baltimore, and I even hate Baltimore.

sstevojr
11-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Baltimore: Where Even the Major Smokes Rock :rolleyes:

Drew
11-05-2011, 09:38 AM
I'd rather go to Baltimore, and I even hate Baltimore.

WOW, that is a bold statement..lol. Ever been to Camden yards? Great ballpark, but the area of Baltimore that you have to go through to get there is the worst ghetto I have ever seen. I have actually been on Crenshaw in Compton pumping gas, and it was NOTHING compared to the people sitting on their front steps smoking rock via coke cans in the middle of the afternoon in Baltimore. Baltimore does have some nice areas, but man are there bad ones BAD...lol

sstevojr
11-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Crenshaw's not bad, that's a cruizin' street for Friday/Saturday nights. Just don't turn down any residential streets after the sun goes down. Century Blvd is pretty bad tho (same road that LAX is on, just 3 miles the other direction).

import_racing
11-05-2011, 12:21 PM

Yea thats true. The owner does have the right to buy the car back before it goes to auction.

BravoZero
11-05-2011, 05:03 PM
WOW, that is a bold statement..lol. Ever been to Camden yards? Great ballpark, but the area of Baltimore that you have to go through to get there is the worst ghetto I have ever seen. I have actually been on Crenshaw in Compton pumping gas, and it was NOTHING compared to the people sitting on their front steps smoking rock via coke cans in the middle of the afternoon in Baltimore. Baltimore does have some nice areas, but man are there bad ones BAD...lol

My gf is from outside the "Balmer" area so we visited there quite often. Still, my statement stands... lol

MTZL
11-17-2011, 01:11 PM
No go on the buy back. :(

The insurance isnt giving him enough to buy another Evo.
He will be buying back his Evo to put it back together at a lost.

I still dont understand how insurance can screw someone over like that.

I feel bad for the guy & cant find myself to convince/persuade him to sell me the TCU or any other parts from his already stripped out car.

My guess is someone from his neighborhood within a few miles radius.

The Bullet
11-17-2011, 01:48 PM
No go on the buy back. :(

The insurance isnt giving him enough to buy another Evo.
He will be buying back his Evo to put it back together at a lost.

I still dont understand how insurance can screw someone over like that.

I feel bad for the guy & cant find myself to convince/persuade him to sell me the TCU or any other parts from his already stripped out car.

My guess is someone from his neighborhood within a few miles radius.

please find out what insurance company this is. good info to have. as most major insurance companies would do full value coverage.