PDA

View Full Version : Exterior Visual Differences between Evo X and RA w/ Recaro Pkg

TheBlackBeast
07-29-2009, 02:46 PM
What are they? Just trying to list where the Evo X departs visually on the exterior from the RA with a Recaro package. I'm not talking about dimensional differences. I know the track width is wider but its hardly discernible unless they are parked side by side. The Evo X has the following differences:

Flat black portion of the nose on the bumper has additional slots for ventillation.
Front Fenders have vents behind the wheels to allow air to exit the wheel well.
Rear bumper under tray diffuser.
Rear spoiler is taller & has a different profile.
Tail lights are pink (hehehe).
Badging on rear is obviously different.

What else? I know I missed something - add to the list!

justin81
07-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Some Evos have the same spoiler as us. I think the GSRs without the SSS package.

Only other thing I can think of is the MRs have painted vents on the hood.

darkmana153
07-29-2009, 09:56 PM
the wheels themselves are different

HiggsRA
07-30-2009, 09:56 PM
ya wheels are diff if that counts... i thought the X came with a vortex generator on top.. .guess not tho? dont see in any pics hrm:confused:

Ladogaboy
08-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Not only are the front fenders vented, I believe the EVOs also have increased fender flaring.

Trunk badging. :p

FMIC

justin81
08-06-2009, 07:41 AM
the whole front is different. their nose ring is set inside of a wider nose it looks like.

buschur_whacked
08-10-2009, 09:47 PM
The Evo is visibly wider and sits lower. The wider fender flares make the car look way wider, even though it's probably only an inch/inch and a half difference...

I've seen it on a few RAs here on the site, but does anyone know how I can replace my chrome nose ring with a black one?

CarGuy
08-11-2009, 11:42 AM
The Evo is visibly wider and sits lower. The wider fender flares make the car look way wider, even though it's probably only an inch/inch and a half difference...

I've seen it on a few RAs here on the site, but does anyone know how I can replace my chrome nose ring with a black one?

Someone posted it on this site, look around.

buschur_whacked
08-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Found it, thanks!

toredefine
08-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Rear air dams are longer/larger on the Evo X than on the RA. They are barely noticable on the RA, probably more for looks, while the Evo X's rear dams are functional.